vegetarians and vegans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you post a thread such as this on a public forum, of course you are going to get some debate. All it really takes is someone posting an alternate view or extremist ideals (which is what started this thread off). Not one person in this thread was questioning your beliefs, more your opinions on some matters which are incorrect (Australin abattoirs). It was entirely your choice to reply in the manner that you did.

I remember as a child walking into a butcher that I was astonished to learn the meat there actually came from animals (when I was five or six years old). I refused to eat anything with a face, but McDonald's was okay :lol::D

Last edited:
can i ask why you went back to meat? i dont think id be able to do it now after 5 yrs let alone 15... it creeps me out now =/
It was all very accidental, I was cooking deep sea fish for some people after my friend came back from a deep sea fishing trip and I tasted some and couldn't believe how amazing it was. I don't eat much meat now though, still around 90% vegetarian and only organic and halal certified.

did you watch the ABC tonight? it was about our live exports to indonesia and how they are killing them... dismembering them while they are still alive =S i had work so i missed it...

anyone watch it?
A friend said it was horrific, there are numerous threads online, if you want to watch it!

Has anyone ever been in a Battery Hen Shed? if thats not cruel, I don''t know what is! It is a very common practice in Australia, ever wondered what happens to these birds when they are no longer of use?

Last edited:
A friend said it was horrific, there are numerous threads online, if you want to watch it!

Has anyone ever been in a Battery Hen Shed? if thats not cruel, I don''t know what is! It is a very common practice in Australia, ever wondered what happens to these birds when they are no longer of use?

after 18 months (even though they are still laying) they are slaughtered =/ thats why everyone should adopt a battery hen from homes for hens =]

after 18 months (even though they are still laying) they are slaughtered =/ thats why everyone should adopt a battery hen from homes for hens =]

They don't wander over the hill and never come back :O

unfortunately not =[ if your not a vego you should at least eat free range eggs. Batteries are outright cruelty, no farm experience necessary
So true. I ONLY eat free range eggs. No ifs or "but these are on special" changes that.

So true. I ONLY eat free range eggs. No ifs or "but these are on special" changes that.

yeah same =] they really arent that much more expensive anyway... i think its disgusting when shops (like aldi) only stock cage eggs

there usually only $2 more at my woolies... and really $4 in the scheme of things anyway?

there usually only $2 more at my woolies... and really $4 in the scheme of things anyway?

$4 dollars in the scheme of things anyway? LMAO, think about what you just said. If I sold 1 million carton of eggs for four bucks more per carton than the next bloke, I'd be four million dollars in front. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Lucky for me I have a wicked Spudshed (Kind of like aldi but bigger & local produce) just down the road from me. $2 for cage eggs $4 for free range. WINNING

Lucky for me I have a wicked Spudshed (Kind of like aldi but bigger & local produce) just down the road from me. $2 for cage eggs $4 for free range. WINNING

If you're into this animal rights crap, you shouldn't quote Charlie Sheen, he slaughters tigers for their blood, and they're severely endangered :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back