Violence, drugs, alcohol abuse, crime in general.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt there recently a 60 yo ex army vet in the n.t. Got charged for assaulting 2 teens and an early 20 od yo group that jumped him outside a pub?
definitely needs more follow through with punishment. Not overnight in jail getting fed maccas breaky lunch n dinner. Sometimes I think thats why they do it.

Yes, there was a guy in his sixties jumped by some thugs, he beat the crap outta them. I think they
declined laying charges : )

Yesterday at Sunshine Railway Station in Melbourne's western suburbs a good samaritan was attending to a disturbance to offer assistance and ended up getting shiv'd (stabbed). Also on the same line there were 2 youths on a city bound train chroming in full view of the public.

Problem is.......chroming is not illegal. Just seriously messes with your health.

Sheesh.

I find it somewhat ironic that in the thread title, 'drugs' and 'alcohol abuse' are listed separately.

Well personally I've had experiences with drugs etc. A couple of my (former) friends started taking them in Grade 8 and of course they just went down-hill from there. Apparently one of them had to get their stomach pumped last week from drinking too much alcohol, and a couple of the others have been put in hospital from too many drugs. I'm extremely glad I said "No"....

I've had plenty of experiences with drugs and alcohol, and personally, I think alcohol (and tobacco for that matter) is a lot worse than some drugs (eg psychedelics).
Hell, I've seen alcohol destroy a lot more people than your average recreational drug user.. and that's even including people who touch RCs.

It amazes me we still practically live in an age of propaganda (think reefer madness) and prohibition despite plenty of psychiatrists, neuroscientists (see the MAPS project, Sam Harris, etc) and so forth demystifying a lot of the garbage 'information' out there and attempting to conduct serious research only to be shut down.
Not to mention the plethora of writers, artists, businessmen (think Steve Jobs and Bill Gates for starters). As cliche as it sounds, it's all about moderation. If we prohibit things because some people have had bad experiences, we should already most definitely be banning alcohol, tobacco, anti-depressants and a lot of other psychoactive medications. (And yes, there are plenty who have had bad experiences taking medications under the supervision of a doctor). Let's also ban peanuts too, seeing as though some people have an allergy (often unknown about).

But, that's a whole other topic, and probably a no-go zone on this forum.

Back on topic, my main concern these days, especially in regards to the night life, are tweaked out and drunk 'lads'.
I think one of the most eye opening insights is that most violence is perpetrated by.. men.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back