Violence, drugs, alcohol abuse, crime in general.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome to visit cobber. You'll have to clean up any beard droppings though, Dont want the bhp choking on furballs!

Thanks mate, you never know. Maybe one day I'll venture north for a bit of a look see.

No fear on the beard droppings either. I shaved it off yesterday:shock:

I think it's basically why were such a successful species, our innate hatred of everything thats not like us (including others of the same species). It's no coincidence that where ever we travelled once leaving Africa our arrival coincided with mass extinctions of mega fauna and other types of humans (Neanderthals in Europe and Homo Erectus everywhere else). I was watching a program on the box over the weekend that mentioned we are even born naturally aggressive and it's just through parental conditioning (and learning) that some of us don't remain that way.

Personally, I feel sorry for all the aliens out there and not just the ones on our planet:)! Apart from the Martians, that is.....I hate their big green bobble heads!!

I think it's basically why were such a successful species, our innate hatred of everything thats not like us (including others of the same species). It's no coincidence that where ever we travelled once leaving Africa our arrival coincided with mass extinctions of mega fauna and other types of humans (Neanderthals in Europe and Homo Erectus everywhere else). I was watching a program on the box over the weekend that mentioned we are even born naturally aggressive and it's just through parental conditioning (and learning) that some of us don't remain that way.

Personally, I feel sorry for all the aliens out there and not just the ones on our planet:)!

Read Tim Flannery's The Future Eaters.

typical Guard mentality face it youd be a cop but you failed the sych test. Do you get to wear a fancy uniform and a badge i bet you even put a gun on ya hip and practise the quick draw in front of the mirror. All guards are big and tough on drunks while there mate guards have there backs get them on own and there a bunch of shirt lifters. Most guards think people are scared of them because there big and fat, big and fat just means your slower and run outa energy quicker when ****e hits fan, which it could next time i come to brissy just for a laugh, whats this famous pub that you rule over chickenlegs

Heh- Sorry Cletus, not big or fat, never tried or wanted to be a cop, don't have a fancy uniform (although, a t-shirt with 'security' written on it and shoes is probably formal wear in your town), and I've also never bashed a drunk, or raised my hand to a woman. Drug dealers, are my pet hate and if I get an opportunity to lay one out, I'll do it every time.

I won't hold my breath for the next time you load ellie-may and granny on the horse and head to the Big City, mate- you keep practicing your tai corn dough in the barn.

i worked in adelaides biggest club for about a year and have done a lot of partying in the city, as a few close friends run alot of the sound and visual in adelaide and let me tell you it makes my stomach turn some of the things ive seen bouncers do. From taking people to the first aid room (only place without cctv) through to taking ridiculously drunk/offchops girls who have no idea where they are upstairs at closing time :/ ive had friends that i can no longer be mates with over this type of gross misuse of power. I understand dealing with thousands of drunk idiots is hard but NO ONE has the right to injure another person.

Pythonleg im in no way trying to fight with you but dealers are in no way posing a physical threat to you and for you to harm anothers saftey because you have a problem with the way they conduct themselfs is appauling. Its to easy to kill someone with one hit mate and i hope for yoursake it never happens.
google David Hooks for example.

If you cannot conuct your self in a professional way and follow the law you shouldnt be in security. jmo

Toby

Years ago I was walking into a club while a very large bloke was being 'assisted' to leave the building by half a dozen guards. He was also 'assisted' to smash his head into a very large concrete pillar at the front door numerous times until he was a very messy, bloody, unconcious lump on the foot path.

It was maybe 14 or 15 years ago and I still remember the sharp cracking sound his head made when they tried to use his head as a wrecking ball.........Absolutely sickening.

it really is, ive seen the abuse go the other way also ive had our gaurds shot at, stabbed, bashed and jumped after work by large groups of people.... its a rough world but i feel someone should be evicted with minimal fuss. then if the evicted parton wants to kick on with the security that is their choice but as for a team of blokes smashing one guy,..... hmmm

There was a club in Canberra run by the local bikie chapter. I had a few mates who worked there and I was often in 'after hours'. Some scary **** was happening behind the scenes.

I train with a few patched members in kickboxing/muay thai that work at a few nightclubs, I think you'll find most security companys/bouncers in Sydney especially kingscross are patched members.

One thing I'd like to share would be the new website set up (i forgot the name but maybe you could help me out with this), that is a website for any ordinary person who had been raped, to put a picture of them with a plackard up quoting what the rapist said. i think it is amazing how with the courage of people in the community, people have been able to connect with others who have shared the same trauma.

i worked in adelaides biggest club for about a year and have done a lot of partying in the city, as a few close friends run alot of the sound and visual in adelaide and let me tell you it makes my stomach turn some of the things ive seen bouncers do. From taking people to the first aid room (only place without cctv) through to taking ridiculously drunk/offchops girls who have no idea where they are upstairs at closing time :/ ive had friends that i can no longer be mates with over this type of gross misuse of power. I understand dealing with thousands of drunk idiots is hard but NO ONE has the right to injure another person.

Pythonleg im in no way trying to fight with you but dealers are in no way posing a physical threat to you and for you to harm anothers saftey because you have a problem with the way they conduct themselfs is appauling. Its to easy to kill someone with one hit mate and i hope for yoursake it never happens.
google David Hooks for example.

If you cannot conuct your self in a professional way and follow the law you shouldnt be in security. jmo

Toby

All good mate, everyone's entitled to an opinion. I personally have held three patrons while they were in drug induced seizurs. Two died, one was clebrating her 18th bithday. I've seen patrons stabbed with syringes more than any other weapon, and been threatened with them myself. Drug dealers attract junkies, bikies, street gangs and school kids like flies, and are quite happy to slash anyone who owes them money- please don't tell me how drug dealers are 'no threat'.

I'm well aware that one punch can kill- ever time some try hard punches me, I remember it. I do not punch patrons, and no guard who works for me does, or they don't work for me. I'm not out to defend bouncers- most of them do the job badly, and for the wrong reasons. But not all of them.

The mods really dropped the ball on this thread...what was it about again? And how have I not been suspended yet??

Awww, wrightpython's just an angry little fella who doesn't get enough love..come on wrighty, gizza cuddle mate.

One hit can kill, alright. It's amazing how few people who regularly get into punch-ups actually realise this. I think it is due to the prevalence of violence in media. Please. Don't shoot me down just yet... People grown up watching television and video games where people punch-on repeatedly; get thrown head first through car windscreens, and cop multiple kicks to the head, and then stand up ready for more of the same. It just doesn't happen like that! And yet very little is done to educate people as to the differences between what they see on screen, and the reality of such a situation. I'm certainly not anti-media-violence; I enjoy far too many action / war movies and computer games to even consider being so. What I am is pro-violence-education. The more people realise what can actually happen if kicked in the head, the less likely a regular, ordinary person is likely to resort to such measures in order to get a point across.

Personally, I feel sorry for all the aliens out there and not just the ones on our planet:)! Apart from the Martians, that is.....I hate their big green bobble heads!!

All predatory animals are naturally aggressive...Do you honestly think a human is more naturally aggressive than a Lion or a Crocodile?? I certainly don't think so....Psychopathic traits in general are very common in nature....not just in Humans.. Humans just have the intellect to apply these psychopathic traits to a much larger and more destructive scale....a crocodile can't.

I think the main reason we are so successful as a species is because we learned to manipulate the environment to our advantage ....Most animals can only do this in a very basic/limited way....and we took it to a whole different level which really helped us gain a competitive edge.

But we almost didn't make it as a species....I believe our species was down to a few thousand or so before we wisely moved out of Africa (for whatever reason the African continent is just is a death trap for humans....a really bad place for overall human development) Our situation improved and our population grew once we expanded our range beyond Africa.

One hit can kill, alright. It's amazing how few people who regularly get into punch-ups actually realise this. I think it is due to the prevalence of violence in media. Please. Don't shoot me down just yet... People grown up watching television and video games where people punch-on repeatedly; get thrown head first through car windscreens, and cop multiple kicks to the head, and then stand up ready for more of the same. It just doesn't happen like that! And yet very little is done to educate people as to the differences between what they see on screen, and the reality of such a situation. I'm certainly not anti-media-violence; I enjoy far too many action / war movies and computer games to even consider being so. What I am is pro-violence-education. The more people realise what can actually happen if kicked in the head, the less likely a regular, ordinary person is likely to resort to such measures in order to get a point across.

While I agree that we need more education on the consequences of violence, I honestly don't think that an angry drunk at the pub is going to relate back to what they've learnt when fighting to stay for more drinks!

Alcohol is the biggest factor here. Ask any hospital worker, be it a nurse or a doctor and I'm sure they'll be the first to let you know that alcohol is the number one contributing factor in violent offenders. Maybe something needs to be done about that first.

Heh- Sorry Cletus, not big or fat, never tried or wanted to be a cop, don't have a fancy uniform (although, a t-shirt with 'security' written on it and shoes is probably formal wear in your town), and I've also never bashed a drunk, or raised my hand to a woman. Drug dealers, are my pet hate and if I get an opportunity to lay one out, I'll do it every time.

I won't hold my breath for the next time you load ellie-may and granny on the horse and head to the Big City, mate- you keep practicing your tai corn dough in the barn.

I doubt your even a security guard considering you cant remember the name of the most famous pub in world where you work, arrghh thats right you dont need a brain cell to be a bouncer with security written on your beer gut. I see you didnt respond to the standing in the mirror touching yourself while doing quick draw obviously that was right then. Do you watch the body gaurd and feel your Kevin and its you that saves Whitney, i bet you were heart broken.

I think the main reason we are so successful as a species is because we learned to manipulate the environment to our advantage ....Most animals can only do this in a very basic/limited way....and we took it to a whole different level which really helped us gain a competitive edge.

But we almost didn't make it as a species....I believe our species was down to a few thousand or so before we wisely moved out of Africa (for whatever reason the African continent is just is a death trap for humans....a really bad place for overall human development) Our situation improved and our population grew once we expanded our range beyond Africa.

I'd certainly agree with what you've said and it seems we did almost peg out, latest theories point to a continent wide extended African drought, perhaps bought on during an GM event. These extremes supposedly drove us to think outside the square (for want of a better term) which fired technological development and a greater ability to utilise what was available in the environment (eg:shellfish became an important food item for the first time).

So why are we all fighting, brothers and sisters?!......we're all descended from about 600 shellfish eating sapiens hanging on for dear life along the East African coast... OH, that's right, because were also all naturally aggressive:)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back