WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

give ron a call or email him wayne.. I've always found him to be a good bloke and helpful.

if you can get the newspspaper to come to her house for a pic > picket her house with thief signs and tell the story so the whole town knows about it and who she is.. and call child welfare to come and check on those kids too..

Tried calling him Colin and he never seems to answer his phone, even left messages to call back and no response?

[Quote by PilbaraPythons]Thinking about it very quickly, I have ( been ripped off ) the following in breeding loans, 3 jungles, 1 eastern brown, 1 inland taipan, 3 death adders, 2 Colletts, 1 lace monotor, 2 scrub pythons. Not a great thing to get into with just anyone.[End Quote]

Seems to be quite a few of us out there Dave, even the bigger owners/breeders such as yourself that have been caught out like this.

Find it nothing short of disgusting this is even aloud to happen.

Tried calling him Colin and he never seems to answer his phone, even left messages to call back and no response?

I just contacted Ron and he said they are aware of the problem and the DECC Area people are actively attempting to resolve this issue. so fingers crossed some action may be forthcoming today Wayne. best of luck mate

Good work Colin for trying to help Wayne out. Hope it gets sorted soon.

If things keep going so slow we could always organise an impromptu, peaceful, herp meeting on the footpath outside her house, a la non-aggressive protest. I'm sure a whole bunch of APS members turning up virtually on her front door may just give her a little boost in the right direction ;)
At the very least she may get into the spirit of the thing, get some education, bring them out for show and tell and we'll all just grab one each and run giggling madly down the street :D

In all seriousness though, it's good to know DECC are moving on this.

I dont know if it will help or not Daniel, but it doesnt hurt to ask I guess..
I think it's been handed over from Sydney Head office to the Local Area guy's up the coast so let's hope they can get the ball rolling today and get some action happening..

Thanks Colin for all of your help :) but just to let everyone know we are getting no response and little assistance from DECC, they are just giving her the to get her license and then for the him to sign over all the animals (ours included) and where does that lead us???????? totally @#%$@$ up is my first guess....:( I am fast loosing all faith in doing things the correct way and I am now even questioning why we even have wildlife protection people at all........
All we want is what is legally ours to be returned and the the 2 people that have done this can rot in hell for all I care.......

Last edited:
what!!?

would it help if we ALL started making fone calls?
...and let them know how many people are aware this situation and how badly theyre handling it?

OMG, i cant believe this is getting worse instead of better,....!! :(

If that's how close things have come to going completely the wrong way i would be trying to get the local news involved. There is not way DECC would stand to let everyone know what failures they are like that.

Good luck, still hopeing for the best and thinking of you and your animals.

We have just contacted the papers who are VERY interested and the Editor will be calling us back today, we are also contacting our local member as we speak, this has gone on long enough........

Having legal, signed documentation stating definitively that the animals were to be handed over by 5pm the other day should help. Good lord this is a bit of a circus! I'd be keen to call and give them grief as well, this is just ridiculous!

One word on how to deal with government departments who aren't doing their jobs properly...

OMBUDSMAN!

Queensland Ombudsman

why didnt I think to tell you to do that !!!!!!!!!!!

They do take time to investigate but at least they wil investigate and all concerned will be called to account

I just cannot believe how badly this is being handled....if she is given a licence it makes a mockery of all of us who are doing the right thing......in fact it is appauling

Is there anywhere we can all email...there have been other cases on the forum where pressure has been applied by forum members and the govt departments have acted............

There really are some useless pieces of work out in this world. It makes me sick to be honest. To the OP, I have pm'd you regarding helping in any way possible.

Not one returned call or email from DECC today......but we did get a call back from the editor of a newspaper who wanted to come and see us today, but due to our busy work schedules, he has asked to speak with us on friday.....:D The ombudsman is also being contacted as has our local member of parliament, also our local police are disgusted in the way this has been handled...:x

Lets hope tomorrow brings us better news.

Thanks again for all of your support, it means a lot..:D

oh i would ring the DECC and let it slip the paper are coming out to do an interview and would they prefer the editor ring, email or come to their office to ask them some questions and who should he ask for? :lol:

good luck guys hopefully the pressure at the top will start to buckle the people down the food chain in some of these gov departments..

I've just read the WHOLE thread.
Bloody DECC !!!!
What good are they ?
wouldnt give them a smell of my best fart...........
Hang in there guys, a bit of luck is surely coming your way.
I personally would of had my snakes back the next day..........where all different, which is a good thing :)

Update:

I wrote an email to three separate managers of NSW Parks this morning. I even sent read receipts with all three emails and all three were read, but not one reply?

I basically told them how disgusted I am in what has happened and how they are just delaying the process even further and perhaps even putting animals lives at risk. I also said at the end of the email that they have left us no choice now but to contact the papers and our local mayor...

We heard back from the paper today and they will be interviewing me this Friday. Still waiting on a reply from an email I sent to our local mayor of Qld this morning, but I will be calling the ombudsman for nsw tomorrow morning to make an official complaint against nsw parks and the nsw ballina police station on the their incompetence and lack of care towards not only these reptiles, but also the disrespect they have shown us and every other person that has a reptile licence in NSW and the trust they have now lost in anybody that reads this entire thread.

Leanne and I are just lost for words and are slowly running out of options short of spending big money on legal representation.

Thanks again to everyone on APS and for all your help and support (especially Colin)...

im not sure of the costs associated with civil court, might be an idea to look into it or at least go and have a chat with your local court house to see if they have any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back