WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

I wrote an email to three separate managers of NSW Parks this morning. I even sent read receipts with all three emails and all three were read, but not one reply?

I basically told them how disgusted I am in what has happened and how they are just delaying the process even further and perhaps even putting animals lives at risk. I also said at the end of the email that they have left us no choice now but to contact the papers and our local mayor...

We heard back from the paper today and they will be interviewing me this Friday. Still waiting on a reply from an email I sent to our local mayor of Qld this morning, but I will be calling the ombudsman for nsw tomorrow morning to make an official complaint against nsw parks and the nsw ballina police station on the their incompetence and lack of care towards not only these reptiles, but also the disrespect they have shown us and every other person that has a reptile licence in NSW and the trust they have now lost in anybody that reads this entire thread.

Leanne and I are just lost for words and are slowly running out of options short of spending big money on legal representation.

Thanks again to everyone on APS and for all your help and support (especially Colin)...

Im just sorry that my input with DECC has had no effect mate.. very disappointed that they didnt even contact you back.. you saw my email and it had your mobile phone number and this thread link included. I did get a short reply but had hoped the DECC would help resolve this situation quickly. theres a few DECC that have member accounts on here too - it would be appreciated if they could log on and give us an opinion on this situation, some advice and an update.

I'd try to get onto your local member of parliment too.. there supposed to represent us and your a taxpayer.. get onto the local paper and out this woman to her local community as a selfish thief whose petty vindictiveness could be causing the death of many reptiles. Is'nt killing protected wildlife (whether directly or through neglect) an offence? I'd be exploring the dept of child welfare option too.. make her life a misery.

Last edited:
Aslo you need to let as many people know in the area if they deal with him, as you have proof he can not get you for defamation.

Aslo you need to let as many people know in the area if they deal with him, as you have proof he can not get you for defamation.

Its a "her" the him and her had a breakup and the "him" ran off scared of his missus (see post 67)
the "him" just sends rude and insulting sms messages to his mother (see post 66)

I'd like to know why "he" doesnt stand up and do the right and try to help wayne and leanne & the reptiles he's supposed to love so much?

Is there an email address we can flood for you to express disgust at how this situation's been handled? Ombudsman, MP, DECC, police, anything? Post a link, you should have a few people speak up for you.

They have to leave home at some point during the day, but personally, if this happened to me.. i'd prefer them to be home... hope it works out for ya man.

Thanks for the PM Jungleman, done. It may not do much, but it's something I suppose. At the very least they know that their actions, or inactions as the case may be, are known.

Hi everyone

Any more news ? I have been logging in every day checking the thread.

You are really to be commended on how hard you have tried to get some support.

I don understand why it has suddenly gone cold after having the order for the animals to be handed over....it just doesnt add up.

Is there anywhere we can email to demand answers....anything at all we can do to give you some support.

Elizabeth

Is the news getting any better mate. It's just appalling that the decc are doing very little if anything to resolve the issue. All whilst they are still being mistreated. Definitely makes you question the whole licensing system. I just can't believe that they don't care about wildlife, which is meant to be their job.

Really? Still nothing? I'm sure if the address where these reptiles were being held somehow got pm'd to certain members, you'd have your reptiles back quickly. Just sayin'.

Hi All,

Tomorrow we have an interview with the editor of a newspaper, our local member and contact with the ombudsman plus a catch up with our local police who have tried everything they can to help.....:D Lets hope we have some progress tomorrow!

Give them hell through the interview, but be clear and concise. If you can try to use the full names of those that have chosen to do nothing, when it is there job to help. Also emphasis the cruelty that these animals have suffered in her care and that even with this knowledge they are considering giving her a license. It will make them think long and hard before giving her a license after that.

Give them hell through the interview, but be clear and concise. If you can try to use the full names of those that have chosen to do nothing, when it is there job to help. Also emphasis the cruelty that these animals have suffered in her care and that even with this knowledge they are considering giving her a license. It will make them think long and hard before giving her a license after that.

Don't forget to take along any paperwork as well; if you have time get some signed letters from people who have witnessed her mistreatment/neglect of the animals and her unreasonable behaviour.

This is the second time this year where the government department that is suppose to look after the well being of the native animals in our care has done nothing of the sort.
Maybe show the paper this thread as well to show the complete uselessness of DERM.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/updated-disgusting-case-neglect-pic-167148/

Seems they only want to do the least amount to show they are taking our money for a reason and is easy to go look at a big collection well looked after than to deal with someone mistreating animals or not meeting there requirements of having a license.

Mention buying exotics or buying off licence and the Heroic Animal Advocates from DERM or the RSPCA will message you in a second. 15 pages of this kind of thing and suddenly they're all nowhere to be found. Must all be busy organising a new ad campaign or hassling 14 year olds...and they wonder why they've lost so much communtiy support. No doubt one of the gutless cowards has read this thread already with no response.

I was just thinking about government departments in general and wondering whats the latest on this debacle? I havent heard any more on this disgraceful WASTE of taxpayers money since this article last year..

Department of Hot Air costing $90 million | thetelegraph.com.au

Department of Hot Air costing $90 million
By Simon Benson From: The Daily Telegraph
April 29, 2010 12:00AM

TAXPAYERS will fork out $90 million a year to keep more than 400 public servants employed within the federal Climate Change Department - despite most now having nothing to do until 2013.
More than 60 of them are classified as senior executive staff on salaries between $168,000 and $298,000 a year. Their salary bill alone will cost an estimated $12 million every year.
A further $8 million will also be paid in rent for plush offices at Canberra's Constitution Place until 2012, where it is believed 500 new computers will be delivered this week.
It can be revealed that despite Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's decision on Tuesday to suspend the failed Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme until at least 2013, the department has ruled out plans to cut back staff.
A formal response by department secretary Martin Parkinson to a Senate estimates hearing on Tuesday - the same day as the scheme's suspension - claimed the department would not offer redundancies.

The formal response, obtained by The Daily Telegraph, said there were no plans for "the immediate future" of any scaling back of staff, despite the agency losing its core function.
According to official figures, the number of top-paid bureaucrats being paid up to $298,000 a year has almost doubled since January this year from 39 to 61. That was to gear up for establishment of the Australian Climate Change Regulatory Authority, which will also now have no function.
The number of overall agency staff was also ramped up since last year with total climate change employees rising from an initial 246 to 408.
Of the 61 senior agency officials, only nine were inherited from the scrapped home insulation scheme.
The majority, 38, were employed on the CPRS and a further 19 were employed on the renewable energy scheme which has also been axed.
But none of the 408 staff within the department will be shed even though the department's key function, the CPRS, has been axed.
Its own tender documents revealed a lease contract of $16 million for its offices which expires in 2012.
"The hundreds of public servants who have been beavering away on this policy, the 114 public servants who they took to Copenhagen for that matter in support of this policy ... none of that's changed," Opposition Leader Tony Abbott said yesterday.
"Which is why I think that Mr Rudd for political reasons doesn't want to talk about his great big new tax on everything but as sure as night follows day, if he gets re-elected, we'll be stuck with it."

616164-department-of-climate-change.jpg

our tax dollars "at work" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lots of promises...and what have we currently got....lots of disappointment....thats all I'm going to say..........

I wonder what has happened today...such good news with another layer of support from local govt and media...I wonder if anything has shifted as a result

Hope today is a much better day than the last! Fingers x-d that you get them back today and all the departments and ppl who should of helped you in the 1st place do today!!! Thats my wish 4 you both!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back