We're all going to die (very soon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you failed to understand .... I want your oil!..........see now I understand the Bush problem ...he was dropping hints and being ignored with side track mindless dribble ........GIMME YOUR OIL!........please:) pm me I would really like to get some thankyou ........

i cant believe they tried something like that without telling me i was going to die
rude...
guess i should watch more tv
kinda crap when you find out about it AFTER
didnt even get the chance to ponder my existence!
yes. i shall wait for the smashing of things together at that speed. things a bit bigger. that could be more interesting :D

When you buy a Ferrari (I am told) you do not drive it out of the showroom at 150mph. Instead, you proceed with caution until you have found out how the brakes work.LMAO!

You need to be informed of the happenings....

I see a very smart and informative article on the LHC here:

http://www.louthleader.co.uk/news/UFO-sightings-connected-to-Large.4492819.jp

Yes, it says UFO sightings connected to the LHC:

TH1_1592008380%20LL%20yorks%20wolds%20ufo.jpg

We're going to get sucked into a black hole and eaten by aliens!

"I then went to get my camera but by the time I got it out the lights just vanished."

Typical - that always happens to me as well - it's gutting, and NO ONE believes you!!! It's frustrating Alan, I know!!!

wicked! always wanted to see the inside of an alien's mouth...

I heard they poke your eyes out first so you can't see... but you can feel your way round - apparent;y it takes 17 years to digest you fully as well.

We're going to live just a little bit longer:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5035937/big-bang-machine-action-months-scientists/

The LHC OUT FOR THE COUNT - Just for a few months anyway!

GENEVA (AFP) - The multi-billion machine designed to shed light on the "Big Bang" that scientists say created the universe will be out of action until the second quarter of 2009, physicists said Tuesday.

The giant experiment took nearly 20 years to complete and cost six billion Swiss francs (3.76 billion euros, 5.46 billion dollars) to build in a tunnel complex under a Swiss mountain.

Scientists said a faulty electrical connection between magnets was likely to blame for a large helium leak which caused the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to be shut down last Thursday owing to a fault with its cooling system.

"Before a full understanding of the incident can be established, however, the sector has to be brought to room temperature and the magnets involved opened up for inspection," said a statement from the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN).

"The time necessary for the investigation and repairs precludes a restart before CERN's obligatory winter maintenance period, bringing the date for restart of the accelerator complex to early spring 2009," it added.

Scientists had managed to restart the LHC again last Friday, only for it to break down later in the day.

The LHC is a 27-kilometre (16.9-mile) circular tunnel in which parallel beams of protons accelerate close to the speed of light.

It aims to resolve some of the greatest questions surrounding fundamental matter, such as how particles acquire mass and how they were forged some 13.7 billion years ago.

Counter-rotating beams, comprising strings of protons, are whizzed around the tunnel and then are smashed together in four huge laboratories.

Arrays of detectors swathing the walls of these chambers trace the sub-atomic rubble spewed out from the collision, looking for signatures of novel particles.

An inauguration ceremony scheduled for October 21, which French President Nicolas Sarkozy was set to attend, will now be delayed.

"The LHC is a very complex instrument, huge in scale and pushing technological limits in many areas," said Peter Limon, who was responsible for commissioning the world's first large-scale superconducting accelerator, the Tevatron at Fermilab in the United States.

"Events occur from time to time that temporarily stop operations, for shorter or longer periods, especially during the early phases," he added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back