We're all going to die (very soon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, okay guys, I've been witholding this for fear of creating panic and everyone leaving the Earth as soon as they can pack, but, well, maybe it would benefit being seen:

[video=youtube;Lt1Yo610lG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1Yo610lG0[/video]

Takes a while, but theres a lot to explain, you see..........................take notes if you must!!!!

BAHAHAHA!!!! don't you try running for king of the nerds...

I actually don't have a CLUE - all I know is the superconduction temp of the machine needs to be close to absolute zero - they're using liquid helium for that....

But that's only -271'C that's not even that cold!
I believe it's being chilled to a toasty ~1.7K

Not that cold? id like to see you put your hand in liquid helium.
Hmmm... I've put my hand in liquid Nitrogen 8)

Okay, okay guys, I've been witholding this for fear of creating panic and everyone leaving the Earth as soon as they can pack, but, well, maybe it would benefit being seen:

YouTube - LHC SATANS STARGATE 2008

Takes a while, but theres a lot to explain, you see..........................take notes if you must!!!!
OMG! That's some pretty scary stuff there...

Oh and for those wanting to see some nice streaming webcams:
http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

It's pretty interesting. I spotted a few physicists playing with knobs a few moments ago.

Last edited:
That's the "smart" way to play around with LN2.
It's possible to swipe your hand through it, same principle applies, but you need to be really quick.

One of my uni professors has retrieved a $2 coin from the bottom of LN2. It's sounds mad, but if you it fast enough you can retrieve without frostbite taking over :D

That's the "smart" way to play around with LN2.

Call me crazy, but I thought the smart way to play with liquid nitrogen was to keep your hand away from it, put roses and scrunched up newspaper in it, pull them out and shatter them, pour it on the floor or into a bucket of water, etc etc. I've worked in labs with it but never really felt all that tempted to stick my hand in. Sticking you hand in and pulling it out without anything happening isn't all that amazing. The only fun bit is laughing at someone else if they give themself mild frostbite (or severe frostbite if you strongly dislike them), especially if they're trying to keep a straight face and not scream. I'm usually the one taking the stupid risks and making the stupid jokes, but touching the nitrogen never seemed cool enough.

Roses work well :) I tried to do the same thing with a plastic pen but it didn't work.

But yeah, I've also never felt tempted to put my hand in the stuff. Someone else's hand.. perhaps :)

Roses work well :) I tried to do the same thing with a plastic pen but it didn't work.

But yeah, I've also never felt tempted to put my hand in the stuff. Someone else's hand.. perhaps :)

Two years ago we tried dipping a pen into LN2. It did nothing. We asked the demonstrator for something else we could try. He got some rubber tubing...

He dipped one end in..

Something Physicsey happened...

Liquid nitrogen came shooting out the other end of the tubing!!!

Burst all over a students' chest!
Luckily we were all wearing goggles at the time.

Sorry slimey6 but I just cant buy this god stuff. Each to his/her own though. Should god squadders be into snakes? Starting to get a bit deep now lol

Did I suggest that there was 'god' stuff involved? I think, if I recall rightly I was the one who suggested to remove 'god' from the equation.

So - if you can't buy this god stuff - good on you sej... But it really has nothing at all to do with me (not one little bit - in fact it has so little to do with me that even merely suggesting that I believed there was a god would in fact be wrong in itself).

So to summarise - I did not mention god....

I do not believe that this thread was remotely related to god and his entourage.

And finally - I am sure you'll find a god thread somewhere on this site - but NOT here!

Sorry slimey6 but I just cant buy this god stuff. Each to his/her own though. Should god squadders be into snakes? Starting to get a bit deep now lol
:shock: so your saying anyone into "GOD" shouldnt be into snakes ?............what only "SATANISTS"need to apply for a reptile permit in your eyes?:evil:..........I reckon morons are probably the worst offenders and maybe they should have their permits taken off them.............;)

Sorry man, but didn't you say in your initial end of the world thread that the world and the universe was made in 7 days, this implies some kind of god is involved. Or was it the good old god of satire. This is a monster thread you've created. Good stuff.

Don't you think that belongs in another thread - this thread is about near absolute zero temps, the beginnings of the universe - some would say that has NOTHING to do with god... This thread is exactly that - Nothing to do with god, satan, archangel Fudumpy or any other heavenly creatures (which was the title of a great Peter Jackson movie about a girl who murders her mummy - based on truth you know).

So if you want to talk about god, satan, snakes or any thing else to do with stuff that this isn't to do with then do so in your own uninteresting thread - but right now we all want to get hadrons!

Sorry man, but didn't you say in your initial end of the world thread that the world and the universe was made in 7 days, this implies some kind of god is involved. Or was it the good old god of satire. This is a monster thread you've created. Good stuff.

HAHAHA!!!

It was a bit of tongue and cheek - it certainly never was intended to start a god conflict.

I was just suggesting that is one possibility that would not require a LHC to prove.

And if the universe was created in 7 days (which is still possible with the big bang - but if that was correct then the universe may not be expanding....)

You know - i'd like to know more about what the universe is expanding into rather than what started it all off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back