We're all going to die (very soon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing. I am currently reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, where at CERN the particle collider has created anti-matter, the stuff so unstable that when it comes into contact with anything, including air, it explodes.

I for one am not conerned, it we all die at least I won't be the only one, and anyway God will just start again. Like the good scientist he is he will learn from his mistake and perhaps not put so much Uranium in the ground don't give us red meat so our brains don't develop so much and we won't be come so intelligent and create all the stuff that finally destroys us.

We are probably his third or fourth attempt anyway which is why he isn't concerned about what happens he knows we are going to die as a failed expeirment he wants to get some mileage out of us before we do expire because of global warming in a million years.

What ever happens make it quick I don't want be pushing people into the black hole so I can spend a few extra hours with my snake collection.

How much does it explode Jack?

Like is it a little poof (no references please)

Or is it a big bang (which is what they're hoping for - as well as many of us).

Like when anit-matter is formed in a vacuum how do we capture that anti-matter to allow it to come in contact with the air?

Do we have an anti-matter bug collector jar? You know? The ones with the grid and magnifier on the top so you can really see what it is you're catching.

Of course - even if anti-matter did exist - which would be cool - could we produce enough to destroy our planet? Or is only one anti-matter bug collector enough to wipe us all out?

I mean really - they wouldn't have made an LHC rap if the LHC wasn't safe!

We clearly are going to exist until at least may next year - because there's a film adaptation for Angels and Demons being released! They wouldn't have done that if we weren't going to survive that long.

So there's a bit of cherrie news in an otherwise dull comment....

oh oh oh - I just thought of a tag line for my incredible tasting olive oils laced with a little bit of the finest whiskeys on earth....

Try before you Die!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Get ya orders in now before the hadron collider gets you!

$12.45 + postage per 600mL bottle!

a once intelligent thread turns sour, as Slim6y shamelessly plugs his delicious, nutritious oils.

meanwhile the nerds maintain a steady hadron, and we all continue to exist despite CERN's best efforts.

So the whole point of this this thread was to flog some oil. Basically.

Are you George W Bush in disguise?

No the whole point of this thread was to discuss the LHC - but as some other points of interest came up then I decided to add what ever else I liked... and it's my thread I'll do what i want :p

Incidentally - they're pretty damn awesome oils :p

But back to the LHC....

EXCREMENT....

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10040525-83.html

"Hackers break into Large Hadron Collider computer"

OMG - If scientist nerds don't kill us computer geeks will.... ARRRRRRRG!

The system that was breached monitors the Compact Muon Solenoid Experiment, which will be analyzing data during subatomic particle collisions in the particle accelerator located along the French-Swiss border. Experiments, which began on Wednesday, are designed to help scientists explore particle physics theories.

During the attack on Tuesday and Wednesday, hackers left behind half a dozen files, damaged one CERN file, and displayed a Web page with the headline "GST: Greek Security Team," signing off: "We are 2600--don't mess with us," (sic) CERN scientists told the newspaper.

As a result of the attack, the Web site--cmsmon.cern.ch--was not accessible on Friday.

Fears that the experiments could prompt natural disasters or black holes that would swallow Earth have led to threatening phone calls and e-mails, CERN said.

YAAAAARG!!! The Compact Muon Solenoid Experiment is most likely how the world ends - It has begun my friends... I love you all... Well... Party and Org.... sorry.. just a party at my place till December 21st 2012 - and I'll even throw in a bottle of oil!

Nah... One of mine made over 25 pages - this one can't make it (to cull or not to cull was the biggest).

But let's face it RBB - The end of the world is an important part of our lives, should we, just because we're snake people, ignore the fact that the world is going to be sucked into a black hole? How naive do you think we should be?

No... We as reptilian lovers and herpetologist alike are very interested in the end of the world.

And so be it - if we have to broadcast it via APS then let us do that - For we are on here together and we all have our dreams and aspirations to be sucked into the giant abyss that is the black hole...

And ironically it's the computer geeks that are going to kill us!

This really is the biggest mass murder - Port Arthur moves to second spot - the only problem with this mass murder is no one is around to report on it (so we think).

Slimey how many times do you think stories of "THE END OF THE WORLD" has been happening for ???since adam:rolleyes: ,it just gets more scientific ,each time a bloody so called threat hits the news ......it will happen when it happens......so while waiting for that to happen, you should donate all your bottles of oil to aps members that want it as a kind gesture before you die .............:) send me one of each that you have made and I will give you a great refrence to the big man himself so you dont end up head down bum up in a sand pit used for satans golf putting course :lol::lol::lol::lol:

See - that's the spirit APS - look at the black hole in the eye....

Well RBB - the end of the world began as soon as the world started :p (assuming it doesn't go for an infinity)... Which by the very definition means the end of the universe is also coming close - it started with a big bang - will it end with a little poof?

But then will it start again? Will it be the same? Will earth occur again?

These questions may be answered with the LHC - but who really knows?

I think Douglas Adams hit it on the head - and that's about all we need to know...

F O U R T Y T W O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back