Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You take going t the Philippines very seriously - and you see to take it literally too ;)

Nice come back...
lol yes i love the philippines, its a great place for herping if you can get to the right areas that is, most aussies that go there stick mainly to the areas like Manila but if you get the chance to travel into the hills of the provinces it really opens your eyes.
and it is in those areas that you see dogs and cats used as food items (mainly by the older men they enjoy the meat when drinking alcohol), my wife tells me of a story when she was a young girl her brother was forced by her father to kill the family pet dog and prepare for cooking just because one of his friends commented how nice it would taste, her brother was crying the whole time and as you can imagine when there father passed away they had no tears left for him. ( for the record we own two dogs and my wife treats them like family and has not tried to eat them lol)

Oh... They're a vector for diseases... Malaria, Dengue, Japanese encephalitis, Ross River, Yellow blah blah blah...

You forgot Elephantiasis which is much worse than any of the disease you have listed with the exception of Malaria.

Never heard of Ross River before...Gonna do a quick check on it now.

Well obviously their purpose is to be vectors of disease parasites/bacteria etc...I didn't say anything about mosquitoes...so your rant=waste of time/energy

As for ticks.... I could care less about the paralysis tick.....or the Australia native/feral problem.( well I do care about it....but not in the context of this particular topic) The paralysis tick doesn't seem to be a big danger to humans( through I could be very wrong)...the Deer tick is a big danger to humans...and generally serves no purpose other than to be a disease spreading satanic prick...Yes before you make another spastic post...I always look at the big picture and almost never look at the world through just a human perspective....Sure ticks encourage grooming among mammals and thin out weak/sick animals like Fleas do...but other than that they seem to be pretty damn worthless....They aren't prey for many animals( unlike Mosquito Larvae and Mosquitoes) and their just generally a worthless animal...They could disappear tomorrow and their would be minimal negative consequences..They are also an enormous economic burden.

The problem is you're so negative (and trying to be funny) and not looking at the big picture...

I'm negative when negativity is needed and positive when positivity is needed....And I always look at the big picture

I could just as easily argue that if the ferals can catch and kill native animals...well its to damn bad...Just as a paralysis tick can kill a non resistant dog...that same dog/cat can kill a native animal and if the native doesn't have the defenses to cope with it...well either adapt or tough luck...You either change to fit into the current situation...or you die out...If the native animals can't adapt to the aggressive invasive feral mammalian predators well tough luck...Extinctions under similar circumstances have happened all through history ( Great American Interchange) etc...its not a new idea that sometimes invasive animals out-compete/devastate native animals...

I wouldn't personally use that argument...but it could be used...And like I said I was not even talking about paralysis ticks in the first place

Last edited:
Big picture isnt quite that cut and dried

Take a country like New Zealand where, since the introduction of mammals over 40 species of bird has become extinct
Now that is over a very short time span
Some animals should never be introduced into new areas
Great american interchange was a natural occurrence I believe??

Animals that I really dislike are the Box and Irakanji Jellies
Nasty Nasty Nasty
And that tiny little Irakangi can easily slip through Stinger nets

Big picture isnt quite that cut and dried

Take a country like New Zealand where, since the introduction of mammals over 40 species of bird has become extinct
Great american interchange was a natural occurrence I believe??

Animals that I really dislike are the Box and Irakanji Jellies
Nasty Nasty Nasty
And that tiny little Irakangi can easily slip through Stinger nets

I would never personally use that argument (unless I was trying to troll/annoy)...But it could be used..Yes the Great American interchange was a natural occurrence....But couldn't you argue that Humans are part of nature and thus any effect that we have is similarly natural?( introducing cats, dogs, cane toads etc) Especially when the introduction is accidental.

Yes I agree 100 percent..

And yes Jellyfish suck...they ruin some of the most beautiful beaches in the world :( Luckily the have the nets for the summer but I would still be worried of Irukandji floating through the holes.

Ticks, Mosquitoes, Sandflies and any other bloodsucking insect( I know ticks are not technically insects) are the most despicable *******s in the entire animal kingdom.. As for people saying cat...gtfo..You may not like cats( I don't particularly like them) but to put them above ticks and mosquitoes....gtfo

As for the Cats are the "most useless good for nothing animal" comment...well they wouldn't be such amazing predators if they were so "good for nothing"...Ticks on the other hand are just worthless pieces of ****

Mosquitoes are horrendous aswell.

Didn't mention mosquitoes aye? I think you're wrong (to put it bluntly).

Anyway - people like you aren't worth arguing with - you wouldn't have a clue when it comes to it. You don't even know what you're saying half the time and dredge up old (but fun threads)...

Getting back on track I pretty much dislike all feral animals. However if I had to pick one it would be the feral cats but only just ahead of other ferals such as cane toads in the animal dislike department.

Cheers

Didn't mention mosquitoes aye? I think you're wrong (to put it bluntly).

Anyway - people like you aren't worth arguing with - you wouldn't have a clue when it comes to it. You don't even know what you're saying half the time and dredge up old (but fun threads)...

I never mentioned that I wanted mosquitoes to be extinct...Or that they serve no purpose...I obviously said I hate them but that's it

The entire purpose of you spastic rant was to prove to me that Mosquitoes had a purpose( which I never denied) So you proved something that I was already well aware of...Mosquitoes are horrible but they serve a purpose...One of which is population control( through I could also say that Cancer serves a similar purpose...but you have no problem bitching about cancer being so horrible)

Reading comprehension fail..

And trust me if diseases like Malaria and Elephantiasis were endemic to Australia I would bet that you wouldn't be so high on the "value of mosquitoes."
Ross River is nothing in comparison....as is West Nile in America.

My opinion of you is equally as low as your opinion of me...And you misquote and misconstrue( either purposely or accidentally) words incorrectly all the time.

And by the way don't ever complain about cancer or anything like that because like you said its just needed population control...

Last edited:
Americans.... (one in particular) that counts right?

To be quite honest I agree, probably more that I don't like America that much. A lot of the people I met were nice though. But that might just be people from NY.

There is no animal I don't like, but a few will make me shriek and dance if they land on me - bugs, spiders, cockroaches, anything like that.

Well just coming back from the school camp I have a new found hatred of ticks and leeches.
Especially ticks. I want those things wiped of the face of this planet *shudders*
Im still freaking out worrying I may have one on me that I havent noticed, and am especially paranoid (probably too paranoid) that I may have a paralysis tick (which yes can be dangerous to humans)

Last edited:
I don't like bugs. I don't like beetles, roaches, or moths and I run if I see a mosquito. Spiders kind of creep me out a little too but I'm not absolutely terrified of them.

Well there are plenty of animals, cats, toads, foxes but I put them all down to the fault of humans, the animals themselves not so much. So something I don't like for itself. Bell Frogs, of any type I have seen, I just find them annoying ugly frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back