What are your phobias?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzi2009

Reaction score
I was just thinking it would be fun to know what everyone's phobias are!
I am PETRIFIED of wasps and bees. I will run away (almost screaming in some cases) if one comes anywhere near me, even if one is in the area I will get as far away as possible.
I also dislike large flies buzzing around, praying mantids and cicadas. Mostly insects.

However I am not phased by butterflies, moths or dragonflies.

My family and friends find it hilarious that I keep pythons but run away from bees and flies.:lol:

So what are your phobias?

I also dislike large flies buzzing around, praying mantids and cicadas. Mostly insects

What do you feed your beardy then? Crickets give me the creeps, better than woodies though.

virginitiphobia
anatidaephobia
geniophobia
sabresmittenophobia
arachibutyrophobia

But it all seriousness, heights make me want to die... so does swimming, because my swimming instructor in primary school (year two or three) held my head under the water for like twenty seconds.

Oh, and talking to people I don't know.... and people I do know. I'm generally afraid of the whole being social thing.

Last edited:
I've had a lot of phobias in the past...heights, enclosed spaces, being in large groups of people, flying was a really bad one....but I'm over them now. The only thing I'm still working on is my fear of lizards....I'm getting better, but they still creep me out a fair bit. I wouldn't touch a blue tongue or a monitor, or a frilly. But one day I hope to get over this fear.

defo heights ... and to think i used to be thrown off a chopper into the sea a million times when i was in the army ha

Had an aweful phobia of crickets when I was a kid, not really sure how I got over it. If you had of told me back then that I would be breeding them for my pets I probably would have had a heart attack.

Dying and bees and Dying from a bee sting even though I'm not allergic though i did have an allergic reaction once when I was stung by a fair few of them. About a month ago one manage to get inside my motorcycle helmet it was buzzing around on my visor and i was screaming like a little sissy but it didn't bite me, and YES THEY DO BITE how else could they inflict so much pain nasty little evil creatures. I think I've just caused myself a phobia of honey it comes from bee's after all nasty little evil flying winged devils.

Dying and bees and Dying from a bee sting even though I'm not allergic though i did have an allergic reaction once when I was stung by a fair few of them. About a month ago one manage to get inside my motorcycle helmet it was buzzing around on my visor and i was screaming like a little sissy but it didn't bite me, and YES THEY DO BITE how else could they inflict so much pain nasty little evil creatures. I think I've just caused myself a phobia of honey it comes from bee's after all nasty little evil flying winged devils.

bees dont bite they STING
:)

Im pretty much fine with everything. Have no phobias that i know of...yet anyway!!!

ummmm LARGE ants.. I dont like them going near me. Yet I am fascinated by them and would sit and observe them, so I guess I just dont like it when they are on me or biting me... Other then that, I dont have anything I am afraid of I dont think lol besides losing loved ones, but that ones pretty general I would think.

The only thing I'm still working on is my fear of lizards....I'm getting better, but they still creep me out a fair bit. I wouldn't touch a blue tongue or a monitor, or a frilly. But one day I hope to get over this fear.

Im not a fan of lizards, monitors etc, for some reason they really creep and freak me out.... But snakes not a worry. I dont like wild spiders but pets (like T's) are ok by me.

My main phobia would have to be agoraphobia, basically social anxiety and panic attacks... always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back