What are your phobias?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cockroaches. Those disgusting big black ones that are in your house. I am usually paralyzed with fear. I can't even touch them with my shoes to kill them. I haven't hated them all my life. It stared when i was younger and i had a dream where i was covered in them. Phobia since then. Strange thing being im breeding Woodies for my geckos and im OK with them.

Mine are spiders of all kinds followed by maggotts and leaches. Iam good with all others although I wouldn`t want to be shot either.

Me too - spiders, leeches and flies laying bots in my skin (=maggots I suppose) :shock: Although I have recently conquered my fear of daddy longlegs, so now its just all the other spiders that creep me out.
Also seaweed at the beach - I can't swim where seaweed might touch my legs lol

This is probaly the embarising for a reptile keeper, I have no dramas with snakes, dragons, turtles. But up untill last year i was petreifided of geckos and small skinks, I think the tail dropping could contribute to this. None the less i have been keeping geckos for nearly 12 months now and seem at peice with the beasts. But my fear of skinks i will take to the grave I think

Nah, just kidding! :D
I don't have any phobias! There's things I dislike though. I would rather not be buried alive or get cancer or be in a plane crash or become blind or deaf, but I'm not afraid of any of those things. I would rather that nothing bad ever happen to my family, but I'm not afraid or paranoid of it happening. I would rather not be stung by a wasp or a bee, because I'm allergic. I hate mosquitoes, strongly detest clowns, and don't like fast food ads on tv. Oh, and I hate mushrooms and seafood.

i don't like little spiders. Redbacks etc. I am good with bird-eating spiders etc.

Mine are

Agoraphobia
Phone phobia
Another child
Clowns
Poodles - More of a hate than a phobia. Nasty little things.
Household spiders - Pets are fine.
Sharks - Only the big ones.

For me some snakes just make me abit edgy, love hights.

Spiders.. any kind! Big, Small.. I can't stand them. Hunstman's are the worst.. I know they are harmless but they are big and hairy and literally make me want to cry and if i know there is one in my house I can't sleep until it's been removed!

That.. and I'm really paranoid that there is someone in my house when I come home alone.. you know.. hiding in a cupboard or in my roof waiting to murder me! But I think that's just because I watch too much TV :oops:

plug holes if i stand on one in the shower i feel dirty and icky for weeks and i just cant go in a bath without a raised floor

Phobias.

plug holes if i stand on one in the shower i feel dirty and icky for weeks and i just cant go in a bath without a raised floor

I hate plug holes after i watch the movie IT by Stephen King, as per my phobia to clowns and the fact that IT comes out of drain and plug holes all the time. Ahhhh even gives me the creeps typing about it.

the dark, im petrefied of the dark LOL oh and water, i cant get my face wet...it freaks me out

seems like a lot of people are afraid of clowns, i use to have a girlfriend of was terrified of stuffed charaters as well as clowns, like humprey,large Dora's, Dorothy the dinosaur, disney characters.
my fears are the usual ones, the ones, the slow torturing deaths, like being burned alive ,drowning, being eaten by a pack of hyenas..

dont have any phobias that i no of..tho the thought of jumping out of a perfectly good plane while the engines are going is a bit scarey :p... nutcases who parachute,bungy jump base jump......nutcases i tell ya

i forgot to mention
I HATE DRIVING NEXT TO TRUCKS
i always think their hubcap thing is going to pop out and destroy my side of the car and kill me
and driving on the outside lane next to trucks they look like theyre going to tip onto you when you go around round a bouts
/shudder
i get so anxious when theres trucks around

My biggest one would be seeing someone hanging!!! Every time I walk into a dark room for a second before I turn on the light I'm scared that there is going to be someone hanging from a noose from the ceiling....
I can't even watch it in movies, I reckon if I saw it in real life I would have to be put in the nut house!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back