Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 'Flight of the Valkyries' moment in my mind just then. Slim's avatar, garbed in black with silver fern, unleashing a swarm of 'arguments' (represented as little black balls with bat wings and spindly clawed arms).... Da dada DA da, da dada DA da....
It just goes to show. Use of the word 'thus' does not constitute full comprehension of the English language, a now dying art...
Debate(s): Has incorrect speech evolved to the point where it demands it's own title? Can we now consider proper use of the English language to be obsolete as few seem to use it?
Also...
Which way up to colloquial speakers keep their cups? Do they even call them cups or is 'cups' a euphemism for something else? It's hard to keep up sometimes.

And when will the correct use of an apostrophe happen?

The world is going to end on December 21st 2012 - so get your apostrophes correct before the end of the world!

I miss the English language :(

Good point; darn those rogue ap'ostro'phe's :p
Although "it's own title" is indicating possession, and I was under the impression that an apostrophe was appropriate in that particular circumstance?
I'm tired and fluey, allow me some wiggle-room ;)

It's is it is...

That's all I know... I'm not very possessive so I don't know when else to use apostrophes...

I do miss seeing your posts slim6y. always entertaining. In the spirit of this thread I just enjoyed very thoroughly our last 6 months of daylight savings! Do they practise this magnificent sun-worship ritual in the land of the kiwi? If so, I insist that you admit to enjoying it!

Fight started... (your wrong)

With much *insert preferred verb here* as always.

Sye

it's YOU'RE wrong... GEEEBUS!!

I can't get into an argument with an Aussie who can't even spell good (hehe).

But alas... my love of hating daylight savings has just come to an end... That is, daylight savings ended last weekend thankfully... Now I can go to bed at the time god made and get up the time that god made... not some crack pot MP who thinks they control time....

My curtains and furniture have faded terribly with the extra hour of sun... What's worse, I am much further south than you are and hence the sun stays up even longer in winter... The sun would have set by 9:30(ish) if we didn't put our clocks forward, instead... 10:30 I was still out walking my dog... YAAAAARG!!

Daylight savings is stupid... Made by stupid people who are pig arrogant and want to have control over the one thing that can't be controlled...

Time - it's something you can't earn... You can never get it back (except at the end of daylight savings, but then you should have never lost it either)... You can't make it, nor destroy it - the amount of time in the universe is fixed and can not be changed...

But we try....

Last edited:
When will the kiwi's learn to say their little "i" properly.

This thread is funny. Almost spoil it if I set an argument topic about how people choose to buy certain reptiles from where they get them? If someone sells something for $50 cheaper than Jo BLo down the road, would you go for the cheaper one or would you honour Jo Blo with the $50 he deserves for the time and effort he has put in to raising his reptiles and educating you on what you are buying before you buy it.

If someone sells something for $50 cheaper than Jo BLo down the road, would you go for the cheaper one or would you honour Jo Blo with the $50 he deserves for the time and effort he has put in to raising his reptiles and educating you on what you are buying before you buy it.
Not enough info to go on. Has Jo Blo helped me in the past? Has Jo Blo helped me with this particular snake? The default answer for me would be to go with the $50 cheaper one, unless I've got a reason not to. You assume the guy selling his snake for cheaper doesn't deserve money for the time and effort he's put in to raising his reptiles and educating you.

When will the kiwi's learn to say their little "i" properly.

This thread is funny. Almost spoil it if I set an argument topic about how people choose to buy certain reptiles from where they get them? If someone sells something for $50 cheaper than Jo BLo down the road, would you go for the cheaper one or would you honour Jo Blo with the $50 he deserves for the time and effort he has put in to raising his reptiles and educating you on what you are buying before you buy it.

You pick whichever one has the better quality animals :D. $50 isn't a big difference if you're going to get a better looking animal.

You don't want to argue! Besides, everyone reckons you arent any good at argueing anyway coz you are always wrong anyway hehehehehe just what I heard :lol:

Besides, seems like your glass is only half full :lol:

I only read the first page of the thread (so far) sorry if any of this has been done already hehehehehe

why dont we argue about who turned cats and dogs against each other. i think it was the easter bunny as he was a prey item for both. just tryin to make it easier on himself. damn you easter bunny, damn you.

it's YOU'RE wrong... GEEEBUS!!

I can't get into an argument with an Aussie who can't even spell good (hehe).

But alas... my love of hating daylight savings has just come to an end... That is, daylight savings ended last weekend thankfully... Now I can go to bed at the time god made and get up the time that god made... not some crack pot MP who thinks they control time....

My curtains and furniture have faded terribly with the extra hour of sun... What's worse, I am much further south than you are and hence the sun stays up even longer in winter... The sun would have set by 9:30(ish) if we didn't put our clocks forward, instead... 10:30 I was still out walking my dog... YAAAAARG!!

Daylight savings is stupid... Made by stupid people who are pig arrogant and want to have control over the one thing that can't be controlled...

Time - it's something you can't earn... You can never get it back (except at the end of daylight savings, but then you should have never lost it either)... You can't make it, nor destroy it - the amount of time in the universe is fixed and can not be changed...

But we try....

But time is a concepted created by people. So we can control it. THUS, I hereby declare that the time is now purple o'clock. And everyone who disagrees is so wrong they're a redneck.

Not enough info to go on. Has Jo Blo helped me in the past? Has Jo Blo helped me with this particular snake? The default answer for me would be to go with the $50 cheaper one, unless I've got a reason not to. You assume the guy selling his snake for cheaper doesn't deserve money for the time and effort he's put in to raising his reptiles and educating you.

And in the true spririt of this thread, you're wrong. It is IMPLIED that "someone" is selling snakes of lesser quality, not ASSUMED. :D

But time is a concepted created by people. So we can control it. THUS, I hereby declare that the time is now purple o'clock. And everyone who disagrees is so wrong they're a redneck.

I often thought that telling the time from an analogue clock was so difficult for so many to learn. I picked it up easily, but I am a genius. However, many school children (and even some adults) find it very difficult to tell the time from an analogue clock (or watch).

So I have invented a clock (or watch) that has the same numbers on it. But instead of the riddle that is the small hand and the big hand - this clock (or watch) only has a big hand on it. And instead of just numbers 1 - 12 it has the letters ish next to each number...

1ish... 2ish.... 3ish... 4ish... 5ish... and so on...

My mother passed this on to me the other day and it gave me a bit of a giggle, you guys reminded me:
Response of a Native American upon having daylight savings explained...
"Only a white man would think he can cut a foot off one end of a blanket, sew it onto the other end and think that he has more blanket."
The blanket part pretty much sums up my thoughts on daylight savings. My kids don't know it's an hour earlier, but now the clock tells me they're waking me up at 5am instead of 6am. I wonder if I put the clock forward three hours so it looks like I'm waking up at 9am will I feel a little more refreshed? Kind of like a time placebo... yay! Sleep-in!

And in the true spririt of this thread, you're wrong. It is IMPLIED that "someone" is selling snakes of lesser quality, not ASSUMED. :D

Implications lead to assumptions, which lead to misunderstandings, which lead to furtive glances, nervous giggles, and avoidance :p

Attachments

• Apathy clock.jpg
    Apathy clock.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 100
You don't want to argue! Besides, everyone reckons you arent any good at argueing anyway coz you are always wrong anyway hehehehehe just what I heard :lol:

Besides, seems like your glass is only half full :lol:

I only read the first page of the thread (so far) sorry if any of this has been done already hehehehehe

Oh thank you for that. Even strangers tell me I'm wrong :lol: haha, but you are right, I don't want to argue. Was just contibuting to the thread.

Brilliant Tahlia; I need to show this to a friend of mine who kicks herself for clock-watching through labour :D She'll get a good giggle out of it!

How about the different colours in our snakes rodents...... when I had my pet store I had customers who are colour-picky. "My snake only eats white rats" "My cat eats rats but only likes black ones". I am not exaggerating. And at other pet stores recently I overheard customers talking to the the workers and commented how they liked that all the rats are white. It looks yucky when you have different coloured ones all mixed together. Just the one colour looks much better. Did anyone ever think to ask the snake what s/he might like? My snakes say "Who cares, just give me the bloody thing"

White ones are the best.... coz you can spray them any colour (with those temp hair colour sprays).... if they are hooded or patchy, the colour isnt even. You can also brush black hair dye on like zebra stripes, paint them like a tiger, colour them for your fave footy team etc

I think I might go and paint one repsol colours and number 27 on it, coz Casey is racing soon .... go casey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back