what frustrates you about some people with reptile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NON Feeder bit. There can be two sides to that story. You can have a great feeder that is powering on and the person who purchased it can take it home and put it in a stressful situation ie not warm enough, they keep handling it, put it in a high traffic area etc then blame the breeder if it doesn't eat.

The NON Feeder bit. There can be two sides to that story. You can have a great feeder that is powering on and the person who purchased it can take it home and put it in a stressful situation ie not warm enough, they keep handling it, put it in a high traffic area etc then blame the breeder if it doesn't eat.

OMG that scenario sounds like a hell of a lot of noobies on here :D

People who insist on returning their hatchling to swap for a "nicer" one because it lauched itself out of the tub & went straight for the throat. True story:lol:
People who rant about how terrible neuro issues are in jags yet the closest they have been to a jag is you tube:rolleyes:

People who ask 'What is a calm snake?' or 'What snake doesn't bite?'
ALL snakes are individuals. No One can guarantee that a snake won't bite UNLESS it is a rubber one or it is at death's door.

But what about the snakes that know and love their keepers, Fay? Surely they don't bite, right..?

Well, if they did, they surely need to be put down.....
Scary thing is theres someone in my year that has a snake that bit him and his family were seriously considering getting it put down! Luckily I convinced him thats a stupid idea and that its animal cruelty, illegal ect so the snakes alive and well... in someone elses hands, thankfully.

I sold my best baby feeder to a local newbie only to have him return the animal to me 3 weeks later because he was scared of it. The little hatchy ate like a trooper for me. I didn't have to tease him, he just took it. But when I got him back he would not eat. I tried 6 weeks in a row, and he refused each time. I decided to try a live hopper mouse and he slammed it straight away. I was thinking OMG what has this guy done to my little snake. Tried following up with a thawed one, nope, wouldn't take it. Another 4 weeks on he was accepting the livies but refused freshly killed and thawed. Then all of a sudden come that 5th week he looked at the little mouse and turned away. I then tried thawed and he took it. Couldn't believe it and again I had him eating well. Thinking of keeping the little snake I didn't realise I hadn't changed my advert and someone wanted him so I let him go to Victoria. The new owner reckon he had to force feed him and when I contacted him probably 6 months ago he said the snake was doing well but was never a brilliant feeder. I was saddened by that thought, I should have kept that snake.

Its not such an issue here, mainly our friends from the USofA but...

Dressing up your dragon. *** ???

Does anyone really think that their reptile likes wearing a Tutu.

Just don't get the whole dressing up of pets.

And here I was thinking my Jungle python looked cute wrapped around a bottle of Tequila wearing a mini Sombrero.

Another thing that frustrates me is when you buy a reptile off someone and its their only reptile and they bought it from a petstore so they have no useful info at all and overprice it insanely. Also when people make an ad saying "Lizzard and fishtank for sale" on Gumtree and they dont have any pics, they dont say what type of "lizzard" it is and they spell lizard with two z's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back