what frustrates you about some people with reptile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Keyboard know-it-alls.
2. People who can't think of a name for their own pets.
3. Feeding picture's and poor quality picture posts (they waste my dl limit).

People who keep spectacular animals in a white melamine coffin.

People who say that made an enclosure for under $200. The box might be $200, but don't forget to add in all the extras, (i.e. sealer, paint, screws, glue, hinges, tracks, glass, light fittings, thermostats, vents)

Sorry Tinky, but I'm unable to find a suitable style of wallpaper to match the decor. So white it is for now.

People who say that made an enclosure for under $200. The box might be $200, but don't forget to add in all the extras, (i.e. sealer, paint, screws, glue, hinges, tracks, glass, light fittings, thermostats, vents)

People who can't make an enclosure for under $200. Not my problem you can't source cheap stuff or know how I do it.

Real smart bitching about it on here too. LOL

People who can't make an enclosure for under $200. Not my problem you can't source cheap stuff or know how I do it.

Real smart bitching about it on here too. LOL

Humm bitching is it. . .

I do apreciate a proactive responce.

Sorry buddy but your negativity is just not working for me today. Maybe you should try again tomorrow.

People talking to Batman the way Tinky does.

Here's some PROACTIVE ADVICE

Fristly a peice of melamine/chipboard/ply cost from $24 to $35 for a 2400mm by 1200-1800mm.
Cut that into halves and you can have 1200mm by 1800mm, therefore with two peices of that you can make a 6ft enclosure box.
Now vents can be a photograpgh frame with mesh to actualy vents, to holes drilled into the enclosure, to just relying on the ventalation from the glass doors.
Glass can cost a fair bit, so sourcing it is a good idea, I get mine second hand or I skip the middle man which makes it considerably cheaper, also consider the mark up on glass is more than 100%.
Tracks can be expensive so make them yourself from two peices of square dowel.
Nails and screw cost literaly $2
Paint can cost a fair bit so buy a massive can of paint. I bought a 2L tin of exterrior acrylic paint which has lasted me through three enclosures.
Subrate you can get for free of go to a landscaper and buy a crap load f sand for $10.
Thermostat are not needed provided you set it up properly, see Ben Steins enclosures! None of them use a thermo, just because he relies on the snake to thermoregulate itself.

There you go you, I just saved you a few hundred dollars next time you go to make a leaky unsquare enclosure.
It is just a box there is no need to make it harder than looks and then talk about price being a factor.

Also there's nothing wrong with white coffins, although I personally don't like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like melamine much either but I've seen some nice ones, nicely decorated melamine tanks can look pretty good.

People who ask 'What is a calm snake?' or 'What snake doesn't bite?'
ALL snakes are individuals. No One can guarantee that a snake won't bite UNLESS it is a rubber one or it is at death's door.

Yeah I find it annoying when someone says one snake is more docile than another, like "Oh yeah get a bredli mines so placidy"
That doesnt make all bredlis placid, my friend has a bredli that strikes at anything that moves.

I'm frustrated by the frustration.... There's so much frustration....

Why not look at the annual redneck games photos to unfrustrate yourselves just temporarily.

15th Annual Redneck Games - Photos - SI.com

Then come back to reality and be re-frustrated by all this tension here (I'm surprised people have different ideas about doing the same thing (sarcasm)).

Took your advice Slim6y!! Took a break to look at rednecks, and now back to the frustrations!! ~_^

People oversees (eg. US, Germany) keeping wild caught reptile and frog species from places like Madagascar, New Caledonia, Indonesia that can't or don't know how to look after them properly, let alone trying to find out info about them, because not much is known of these herp, and alot are poorly known and some are endangered...all they want to do with them is cross breed them into crazy colour forms, like the Crested Gecko (R. ciliatus) of New Caledonia, swamping the original gene pool.
I'm glad that Australia has strict laws and they can't import any Aussie species for the pet trade these days :twisted:

1/ People who sell non-feeders and lie about their feeding patterns
2/ People who sell animals they claim are from a specific locale and know that they are not
3/ People who lie about the animal's temperament at point of sale especially with regards to an aggressive animal
4/ People who take a deposit for an animal, then sell it to someone else, and offer a different animal (obviously not one you really wanted, that is)

Gee, I could go on for ages. I could list about 10 things. But the thing that sticks out is people who sell NON FEEDERS who know damn well that the animals are NOT eating. People who do that are at the bottom of the pile of junk I call the undernuts. Hahahaha, couldn't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back