Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
My garden is coming together nicely. I have an old bathtub in my yard that has been full of dirty water and rubbish for yonks. Well thats what I thought. Couple nights ago decided to wander out to see some nightlife of my yard, looking for the croaking frogs and found them absolutely thriving in that bathtub. So I pulled some of the rubbish out and going to pretty it up with plants and stuff just for the frogs. Will get some waterplants, have a solar light to attract bugs to the tub for them to eat and since it is on concrete, I will get some nice leafy pot plants to make a garden around it.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 83
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 102
green frogs,skinks, green tree snakes, toads, wallabies, bandicoots and certain breeds of birds depending on the time of year plus more on random occasions. can't forget the croc in tyto wetlands which is practially my backyard and even more so when we flooded the croc parked itself at coles carpark.

we get turtles, eels, frogs and yabbies in the dam and rbbs and eastern browns around the house. we also get bearded dragons, blue tongues skinks and i once found a gecko in the back bathroom. and of course lots of kangaroos and the occasional echidna and wombat. :D

garden

dandelion, southern red and curled leaf mustard greens, kale,rocket,red and green oak leaf lettuce also endive sunflowers and 3 vines which are indeterminate at the present,and of course the common garden skink by the hundreds. The greens are all grown to feed lizards

P2120170.jpg

cropped.jpg

Got heaps of these frogs in my pond about 13 and a few tadpoles. :D:D Love your second frog picture :D

Last edited:
Just a repeat of what i posted on ARF and a bonus water dragon :)

Attachments

• carpet.jpg
    carpet.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,103
  • cts2.jpg
    cts2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 107
  • cts4.jpg
    cts4.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 124
  • cts6.jpg
    cts6.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 138
  • L.fallax.jpg
    L.fallax.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
only five pics per post...

Attachments

• local blue tree snake.jpg
    local blue tree snake.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 89
  • marsh snake 2.jpg
    marsh snake 2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,928
  • marsh snake(black).jpg
    marsh snake(black).jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 83
  • cts1.jpg
    cts1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 79
  • cts3.jpg
    cts3.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 1,107
habitat shot
attachment.php

carpet, on the roof not in the garden.
attachment.php

Attachments

• gtf.jpg
    gtf.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 74
  • L.fallax2.jpg
    L.fallax2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,070
  • marsh snake.jpg
    marsh snake.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 955
  • marsh snake 3.jpg
    marsh snake 3.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 975
  • marsh snake(black)1.jpg
    marsh snake(black)1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,887
Almost forgot the water dragon

Attachments

• ewd.jpg
    ewd.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 65
A frog getting owned by a tree snake(from an old post)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

poor little frogs you know when its happening as they scream .....i always go out and see :) its amazing to watch...feel a bit guilty for the frog but its nature at its best..

wow, thanks for sharing all your lovely photos. Chris that is amazing. Are they wild snakes or yours you put there for pics, but that is awesome. Wish i had more in my garden, once it grows more dense hopefully will see some snakes and that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back