Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my garden has got skinks frogs and copperheads :D

Cris you're so lucky looks like your garden is an amazing place to find herps...

Whats in mine 3 little devils dog **** & dead grass!

Nice pics guys&gals

Attachments

• My backyard (2).jpg
    My backyard (2).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 59
  • My backyard.JPG
    My backyard.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 182.jpg
    Picture 182.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 82
wow, thanks for sharing all your lovely photos. Chris that is amazing. Are they wild snakes or yours you put there for pics, but that is awesome. Wish i had more in my garden, once it grows more dense hopefully will see some snakes and that.

Yeah they are wild and not posed, the pictures where taken over a few years, mostly near the same pond. I only see snakes occasionally, but there are usually plenty of frogs around though so if i see a snake there is a fair chance it will find frogs if i dont scare it before spotting it. If you can encourage frogs to breed in your yard by providing a pond and cover for them the snakes should turn up eventually.

Leaf tailed geckos in the front yard, Lesuer's velvet geckos on the back deck, birds, birds and more birds
including two lyrebirds who visit often.

Ring tailed possums (love them), brush tailed possums (mostly hate them), feral deer (definitely hate them)
echidnas (definitely love them), flying foxed and micro bats (love them both).

at my old house we used to get massive monitors about 1 1/2 long to 2 mtr maybe walk past owe front door and guess wat im moving back there its gonna be awesome

we get brown snakes, rbbs, blueys, beardies, swamp wallabies, eastern grey kangaroos, feral deer and foxes, micro bats, lace monitors,water dragons, eastern long neck turtles and wedge tail eagles (its amazing when you see them get a rabbit) thats all i can think of really,

i live between cattai national park and mitchell park so we have heaps of wildlife around. you can go on the environment nsw site and they can tell you all the animals that are found in your area, its usefull if you are trying to find out what you could keep in outdoor enclosures.

well, apart from the neighbours cats :evil: ... we get the occasional nice visitor

Attachments

• dscf0015.jpg
    dscf0015.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 78
  • dscf0016.jpg
    dscf0016.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 72
OMG Matt how cute are they :D Wow, wish they'd come to me in droves like that.

I just added ten white cloud minnows to my bathtub and some largish rocks and 2 water plants, and a little bit of duckweed. I want to add some pacific blue eyes, too. I was surprised our local garden shop who also sells fish, has the blueys but they are $6 so I got the minnows for now, they were $2.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Out back we gots a pitty, a sheltie, n a whole heap of yellow grass/clumps of dirt lol

we got lots of baby water dragons that hang around our pool,one sleeps under the pool brush on the wall hehe. ended up with them sometime after this girl stayed the night on my gfs bday(she felt so special lol). she had a lovely swim in the pool, a great dig and then lotsa bubs. and lots and lots of fruit trees, natives and herbs. soon to be vegies

We've had everything from monitors to a koala, echidnas green tree snakes and whip snakes all the time. We even had the last known sighting of some very rare marsupial here. Can't remember the name at the moment though unfortunately, will try to find out. We have a family of about 20 bush turkeys at last count. We get the odd hare and rabbit and fox too. Oh and we've got some bloody big coastal carpets that keep pumping out the babies. I'm 90% sure they're in the roof, but I haven't been bothered to check lately. We get the odd blue tongue and loads of water dragons. There are some babies running around lately. We get the odd rat too, but not very often, the wild carpets do need a meal after all. Oh, and I saw a noisy pitta once. Oh, and we have a few white-headed pigeons, the odd sea eagle, pheasant, and we once befriended a wonga pigeon, who used to fly out of the bush onto our heads, or follow us around attacking our heels.

list just goes on.......

we have a rabbit and lots of bluetounges had to ducks got a fox no more ducks and thankfully the fox is gone now too

a great dane , last night found a brown snake and felix the lace monitor in the aviary out back

Dogs, dead grass, dust and some parched native plants just clinging to life.

Been here 3 yrs and i have seen 1 spotted marsh frog and 1 skink.
PATHETIC!:?
I want to live in Chris's garden!

Yeah me too Sarah. Serpentors would do too. All that wildlife would be so lovely to have around. I can't wait to for my trees to grow up or at least flowering so I can see some birds come in.

Havn't got pics of everything I've found in my suburban yard, but here's a list plus a few pics

(pics below list)

Snakes:
Keelbacks (and plenty of them)
Green Tree Snakes
Coastal Carpets
Yellow-Faced Whip Snakes
1 massive Eastern Brown
Red Belly Black
South Eastern Blind Snake

Turtles:
A few diff. species, unsure on which ones though, only have these 2 pics (below)

Lizards:
Eastern Water Dragons (a **** load too)
Water Skinks
Fence Skinks
Various Garden Skinks
Verreaux's Skinks
Asian House Geckos

Frogs:
Stripped Marsh
Green Tree
Perons Tree
Dainty
Tusked
Stony Creek
Eastern Sedge
Other un-identified calls
And of course, Cane Toads

Birds:
Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos
Cat Birds (most annoying, it taps on my window and "meows""
Kookaburra's obliviously
Blue Faced Honey Eaters
Noisy Miners
Lewins Honey Eater
Gallahs
Couple of different weird pigeon/dove things

Other:
Bandicoots
Ring, Brush Tailed Possums, some other weird one, Sugar Gliders.
Various Owls/Frog Mouths

Not going to include all the bugs, too many.

And I'm sure there's others, cant remember them at this stage or don't know their names.

Keelback's
Ozz101-1.jpg

Ozz002.jpg

Ozz029.jpg

Green tree Snakes
Ozz016.jpg

Ozz020.jpg

Massive Cranky Carpet
Ozz488.jpg

Turtles (Please ID these for me)
Little Hatchie
IMG_9724.jpg