Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the mentioned snakes are great. Sounds like ur pretty set on a carpet.
Don't rush, pick a reputable breeder, ask for a docile snake.
If it gets cage defensive, buy a snake hook. Really helps with my jungle is who is quite nippy

stimsons python would be a perfect first snake.

Womas are great and in Victoria the difference between a class 2 and a basic is the amount of money you pay. I specifically upgraded to class 2 for my Womas. They are great critters although the girl did think I was food the other night and tried to eat my hand, but that was my stupid fault for sticking my hand in the enclosure when she was in food mode. I also have 3 Darwins, 2 hets and an albino and they are all very nice natured and easy to handle.

i would go with any snake from the children's family... they are great handling snakes, have placid temper, dont grow very big and they dont got for a hefty price :D

Woma! They are on the advanced license (stoopid, I know) but are worth it! Absolutely gorgeous, easy to feed, very placid and curious, hardy and stay at a reasonable size (1.5m-ish). Oh, and they are freaking cute as!

My family has just bought a 10 month old woma that'll be handled by kids. Already she's smashed down two fuzzy rats, and is very happy to be held be people of all ages. Never even looked like biting.

I'm also a huge fan of Stimmies coz they're really friendly and Wheatbelt locales look amazing. However, they do stay small (approx. 1m), but this means small enclosure (cheap) and small food size (also cheap).

Congrats on being allowed to get a snake, that's so exciting! Do lots of research on different pythons, then come check out the VHS (reptile) expo in Feb at Melbourne Showgrounds - lots of snakes for sale!

i dont know much about snakes but i would say a darwin because they look great and they look very calm.

I would say a spotted python they only get about 1.1m but can get bigger and they are really nice to handle I just got a one shes a blonde and she is so cool.:D

Last edited:
I agree with Carnelian. Do your research and choose a snake that you can handle. My first two snakes have been spotted pythons , however I am now planning on getting a carpet python OR similiar as my next snake. Just remember that every snake has the ability to bite, my 5 year old spotted is as placid as anything, however the 2 year old spotted would bite me as soon as look as me.

Stimsons! I have a female 7 month old, havnt had her very long but shes been great so far! She's a good eater, never bitten, doesnt need a huge tank, not too expensive, very interesting at night, and she's gorgeous :)

thanks for all the replys im pretty set on getting a darwin. Do you know if any are going to be sold at the expo in feb as im looking to get one there?

oh yes, darwins are most sold at the expo, last time i went they has some really nice darwins for about 80 bucks, but be careful buying at the expo, i bought a jungle and it had early stages of scale rot.

Don't look for the cheapest snake, you better finding a reliable breeder who breeds quality animals. Expos arnt the best place, if you want a great looking Het Darwin send Colin a PM on here; he may have some. His are some of the best I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back