Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 Darwins. 2 are as quiet as you can get, 1 is snappy and nasty and 1 is on the fence and can turn at any time. I think it is the luck of the draw.

any snake you own you respect for what it is and not treat it like what it isnt will be placid enough

Usually arent jungles more likely to bite then other pyhtons? I was going to get one (my first ever snake) but opted to get coastal carpet instead, as people told me that jungles are a bit more snappy then other pythons.
P.S.got coastal 5 months ago and shes very placid :)

They are known for being snappy when young (there is a general rule that the better looking the Jungle the more aggressive it is). I think they are a really good first snake though. The fact they are snappy when they are young means they will generally be good eaters. Also being bitten by a small snake doesn't really hurt so it is good training for how to go about handling snakes without making then cranky. And also so you aren't scared of handling other species later on. Mine is about 5 or 6 years old now and he's placid as and still my favourite of my collection

Murray Darlings are my favourite. I have a male that's almost 2 years old, and he's really placid, always has been. I got him at 7 months old and he's always been very gentle. I haven't heard many bad things about them at all.

My jungle is a good girl never bites just S`s up lol... Its my first wouldnt change it..

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back