what you're NOT supposed to do with your food...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OuZo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
DSCN2689.sized.jpg

2 skinks...since he decided to sleep with the mouse :?

snakes probably about 25cm and enclosure is maybe 30cm? by about 15cm i guess...havent measured yet lol

Have you tried him with a fuzzy? He is easily big enough to take one. I have noticed that all four of my hatchlings show far more interest in a mouse with fur than in pinkies. Good Luck!

Gee, he is tiny then Zo.
Sux about him not eating..
try live!@

lol brodes the one in the pic is the 2nd live we've tried...he seems to like to curl up next to em lol

SW, thanx :D. we've tried from pinkies up to sub adult mice and its just not interested. tried scenting that mouse in the pic above too but its just sumthin to cuddle by the looks of it :?. thanx for the help tho! ;)

get it to bite on the skink then slip a pinky into the side of its mouth and take the skink out. has worked for a mate of mine for the past 2years.

nah havent tried that yet westy...will probably be next step tho

hmmmm sounds tricky rick lol. doesnt the snake just drop the skink when u start messing with it?

Have you scented it with skink Zoe, the same as the one it has fed on?? Mash up the skinks tail with a little bit of hot water and cover the pinkie in it. Or the whole skink if preferable.

Yeah, looking at the pic, that little cutie would be able to take something double the size of the pinkie in the photo.

Try a live hopper or weener rat, that way, its live, and if it takes the rat it will be easier to feed in the long run.

we scented hugs but it was a crappy attempt...we were told to try and get the skink to pee on the mouses head but skinky dude didnt seem to need to go lol. so we rubbed his butt on it lol :?

johnny, once we put the skink in we noticed that it did seem to be attracted to the movement so i was thinking maybe an older mouse that actually moves could work...not sure how much hoppers actually move tho...and theres also the fact that he is a pretty pathetic striker lol. the skink was sitting on him and his head was right next to it and he missed. not sure if he could take a bigger mouse down with that sorta effort!

I had to get my little female eating again when i moved her into a new enclosure, i got a weener rat (eyes still closed, short fur and blindly stumbling around the place) and she hit it hard and had it eaten in about 15 to 20 minutes.

When it comes to the crunch, her natural instincts will guide her through the process. And then you will find she will want more and more, and hopefully, once she has the taste, she wont care if they are alive or just being wiggled infront of her dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back