Whats in their ears?And how should i remove them?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definatly quarrentine and vet ain't a bad idea ever. If they were exposed to ticks, there is no telling what other bugs they have. ALWAYS quarrentine new animals. Parasites like ticks and mites might be relatively easy to spot, but there are a whole host of things you can't see that could pass on to the rest of your collection. My instinct tells me that a tick infestation means these guys are wild caught or very poor keeping by previous owner. Be on the safe side, and good luck.

I think ticks need to be screwed out, not pulled, or the head and sucking gear stays behind and causes infection. Well, thats what we used to do with ticks on our dog when we lived in Alice Springs years ago. Cheers Cheryl

rodentrancher said:
I think ticks need to be screwed out, not pulled, or the head and sucking gear stays behind and causes infection.
Cheers Cheryl

I will try that method next time I get a lizard with ticks attached,but do they have left or right handed threads on them Cheryl?

Pyror, I see what you mean! That big pink thing is really ugly!..... But what are the smaller grey things then? ;-)

rodentrancher said:
I think ticks need to be screwed out, not pulled, or the head and sucking gear stays behind and causes infection. Well, thats what we used to do with ticks on our dog when we lived in Alice Springs years ago. Cheers Cheryl

I'll back that comment, we are always taught that you should twist out a tick, not directly pull it out.

And i dont think it matters if its clockwise or anti-clockwise Ramsayi.. ;) ;) ;)

just took a pic of the weird thing but maybe my pic is 2 big wouldnt let me put it on here? its only 352kb or somethin like that.

We get heaps of ticks in the snakes and blueys we catch, especially the bhp's. So far ( touchwood ) when removing them with tweezers we have had none leave their heads behind. If you grab it by the head, well, it cant stay there. Have had ticks in bluey ears and removed with tweezers then gave a dab of betadine on the area. If you are confident enough give it a go. You will probably have different ticks there though.

chewy22 said:
just took a pic of the weird thing but maybe my pic is 2 big wouldnt let me put it on here? its only 352kb or somethin like that.

Or put it in your gallery and put a link here?? What? No Gallery? Yes you have - I just created it for you in personal galleries, so you have NO excuse! ;-)

DOL? Dear Old Lutzy? Darling, Oh Love? um.... Dumb Old Lazybones?? I give up! Should I be worried???? :shock:

In Melbourne there a place i can get TOD spray? Ill b restricted 2 whats in & round city, garden centres or a pet shop round in town there?

For Gods sake, Chewy22!!!!!!! Put me (us?) our of our misery and TELL ME WHAT "DOL" STANDS FOR!!!! :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back