Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James.G

Reaction score
Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Hey everyone,
I got a Stimson python about 2 months ago now and really enjoying it but I do want to buy another snake
Id like to get either a Green tree python or a carpet python!!! But i also want the snake to be handled abit.
so id please like some advice to help me choose what i should get.
Id prefer the GTP but i herd it can be aggressive :(

Attachments

• 166898_2541232483950_1047822450_32702085_1826446273_n.jpg
    166898_2541232483950_1047822450_32702085_1826446273_n.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 102
iver heard gtps are better as a look and dont touch critter,...

have you thought about albino darwins?

um get one you like.. not one the rest of the fourm members want u to get....but while im here..... coastal carpets are great snakes..

Last edited:
Albino Darwin is my next choice :) I too started with a Stimson, then bredli's and next is the Darwin! Such a beautiful snake! I would leave the GTP until later, I want one like mad but I would love my own place to make them the center point of the house! So many dreams!!!

G'day James G and welcome to the wonderfully addictive world of reptile keeping. Most people are like you (and me) and start off with a nice children's python of some sort, then develop a great love for the hobby. I was exactly the same - I wanted to go from a blonde spotted python to a green tree python but my breeder said "you need to ease yourself into snake keeping first, losing a GTP is a very expensive mistake!" and he was right. So I built a couple of enclosures using TV cabinets I bought cheap at a Lifeline store and had glass doors made up after I installed vents and repainted inside and out. Then I managed to convince my breeder to part with a beautiful 3 metre Black Headed Python and also a 2 metre Albino Darwin Carpet Python. These now make up a beautiful display in one of the downstairs rooms in my house. Next I will build an eight foot tall and four foot wide glass front terrarium with mist showers and finally get my Green Tree Python. After you've done an awful lot of research, you'll see that most people have their GTP as a showpiece snake. Most are okay to handle in the daytime but once night falls they mostly turn into prey driven hunters and will bite at anything that moves! By the way I live in the tropics and don't need to use heat lamps or mats. Cheers! Buzzy

What should I get next? An opinion.

Just kidding, get want you want, do the research and make sure you can care for the animals wellbeing. Your decision and good luck.

You could get a very nice hypo bredli, or a woma or black headed python. But otherwise a darwin python, does not have to be albino.

Don't know where people get the idea that GTP's are viscous or will attack anything that moves at night , we have 10 GTP' and they are the most placid of all of the snakes we keep ? Have more trouble with one of the albino darwins

My bredli and diamond are much more granky than either of my GTPs. But i think the Murray Darling carpets are very placid and a nice looking snake.

Cheers Richard

I would get a stimmie or woma. I have been loving womas lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back