Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was maintaining a Coastal Taipan until recently that has been in captivity for 29 years, I believe she was a juvenile when first collected, she is still alive,

A friend has two diamond x coastal pythons that will turn 20 in January. He's had them since they were hatchlings. They are also housed together ;)(just to get everyone up in arms). I was looking at them today because they are kept at our school. They are much slimmer than my MD (also at school) and have pretty big heads. Length is only about 5 -6 foot. They seem to take after the diamond side of their heritage.

There is a guy, Steve, at the SAHG who has (unlike many of us) retained quite a few specimens he originally kept when he first got into keeping. He has a shingleback he obtained in the 1970's still going (and was an adult at the time), and some other very long lived specimens of different species. I also know of an 20 yo beardie and a 22 yo acanthurus.

I have two green tree frogs that are in their early 20s and 2 that are in their late teens.
Heres is some older footage.
[video=youtube;g_GhVOA3A-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_GhVOA3A-E[/video]

so whats the general life expectancy of a Bredli, diamond and Jungle pythons?- all things being equal and incident free...

this is an interesting thread, cant contribute much my stuff is between 1-5 years old :) but keep it coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back