Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say eastern brown,
As it comes in contact with humans the most so more likely to give a fatal bite,

Inland Taipans have yet to deliver a fatal bite to a human - people have been bitten and survived several hours before getting medical attention. Some have been envenomated and not needed antivenom and others have received dry bites. Just because they are "the most venomous snake on earth" doesn't mean they are the most lethal or dangerous to humans.
Yes it has 14 recorded bites but they have all been reptile keepers that know how to do the proper first aid and get to a hospital.
Also because it lives in such a small area no one comes into contact with them regularly so rarely get a chance to bite anybody.

I would say eastern brown,
As it comes in contact with humans the most so more likely to give a fatal bite,

Yes it has 14 recorded bites but they have all been reptile keepers that know how to do the proper first aid and get to a hospital.
Also because it lives in such a small area no one comes into contact with them regularly so rarely get a chance to bite anybody.

Dude that's exactly what he said.

Inland Taipans have yet to deliver a fatal bite

the snake that has killed more in aussie then any other is the eastern brown snake .............it is easily the most common encountered elapid and alot of people fob it off as not deadly because they automatically think of the taipan but when it comes down to encounters this would have to be the most deadliest in australia ..........

thankyou to all

bigguy...that was incredible ,thankyou

how the conversation started was...what would be the quickest way to die
with no man made device?

weird but true...thanks again

are you sure on that redbellybite?... i would think tigers have killed more people, at least since 1788...
does anybody have some stats on hand?

Dude that's exactly what he said.

He didn't mention though that they have all been keepers of the inland taipan, which is the reason no one has died from it's bite.

LOL Callith, I just copied that list from that site too and was about to post the link!!!!!! Must be true what they say..... great minds think alike!!!!!!

Before the research was done it was considered that tigers were the most venomous, and they are responsible for many deaths, including snake men. It would be interesting to see statistics that could go back say 50 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back