Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nell68crab

Reaction score
Once my new diamond settles in I hope to let her out to roam. However I worry about her going under the lounge or fridge and me not being able to get her out.

I let mine out at night to roam the neighbourhood,
Just ding the spoon on the side of the food dish and he comes running, :lol:

i used to have a cape york that i would let roam in the front yard on occasions...he was fairly slow due to his big size...but one day he suprised me and bolted up a large tree ...it wasn't much fun spending an hour and a half midway up a tree untangling him..just wouldn't let go...wanted the freedom too much...i would say it is fine but keep keen eye and a snake hook on hand just in case...they are suprisingly quick at times...

I will put Snakey on the carpet or rug supervised, but I won't be letting him roam at will. Far too much risk in him getting into things or getting lost. I also have a dog and she wanders the house (she's a bit harder to lose ;))

Mmm thanks. I only posted because someone else posted pics of their snake coiled up in their shoes and it got me wondering :) LOL

I let mine out at night to roam the neighbourhood,
Just ding the spoon on the side of the food dish and he comes running, :lol:

LMAO you always have a nack for making me laugh. ;)

I dont let mine roam the house because of the other Pets I have.... Lorikeet...2 Cats... Wife and a Kid...

But.... I do take them outside once a week to roam around on the grass for 1/2 hour or so.... As others have stated....just have to be careful of things they can climb... A clothesline would be good if its in the middle of the yard... without clothes of course... Just have fun getting them off it...

I will be letting Snakey out on the grass when he's much bigger, but between the kookaburras, magpies, crows and the occasional currawong, I'm paranoid to take him out while his so small! :shock:

I put Snakey on the lounge sometime ago but the cheeky begger took off down the back :rolleyes: so I had to tear the lounge apart to retrieve him. :lol:

I'm to scared to take mine outside...tiny spotted and resident maggies, crows, kookaburras not a good mix IMO. Maybe not so risky with a larger snake though.

I always stand next to mine... I am scary enough to keep the Birds away... LOL....

I have noticed before though a couple of Big crows got some interest one day, ended up taking him inside then...

Dont like the idea of any snake roaming my house unsupervised.
The no. 2's would be a little smelly for a while dont you think ........lol

I always stand next to mine... I am scary enough to keep the Birds away... LOL....

I have noticed before though a couple of Big crows got some interest one day, ended up taking him inside then...

hahaa i had my little stimmie outside and the kookas were all lined up on a tree branch, just waiting for me to turn my back for a second!!

i do let my adult male bhp roam my room, with me sitting at the computer, but i do glance back every now and then to see where he is, doesnt normally leave my bed, but i have found him curled up under my bean bag before.

hahaa i had my little stimmie outside and the kookas were all lined up on a tree branch, just waiting for me to turn my back for a second!!

i do let my adult male bhp roam my room, with me sitting at the computer, but i do glance back every now and then to see where he is, doesnt normally leave my bed, but i have found him curled up under my bean bag before.

They not waiting for you to turn at all, We had our 2 1/2 year old coastal out for a walk in the grass and a kookaburra just came down right in front of me and got her on the head poor littel girl she went nuts, Left a nasty cut on her head, I'm just glad it was her and not one of the young pythons as the kookaburra would of taken of with them

She is all good now about to shed again so the scar should be gone

Lewy

I let my Bredli climb around on my tredmill last night... took me half an hour to get him off... damn gym junkies!

oh oh also, i remember a thread on here not long ago where someone let their python roam around in the bathroom and actually lost it. Snakes are escape artists and should never be left to roam unsupervised.

cheers and happy friday to all

im pretty sure my 2 cats would have a problem with my BHP roaming the house as our black cat would be a nice meal for him hahaha - plus I would hate to loose him

I give all my snakes a bit of a stretch & some exercise on our clothes airer, supervised of course. I would never find them again if I let them roam around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back