Who says skinks don't climb?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salebrosus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was sitting at home late Sunday avo when my brother walked into my house and said "Whats that thing suppose to be hanging on the wall, is it a rubber skink or something...it looks pretty real"

I look up 12ft as i have a very high celing to find my beloved skink nearly on the ceiling. After much searching i found the other King Skink trying to hide behind the refridgerator. The one behind the fridge was less than happy about being disturbed.

Well pics or it didnt happen huh. Say arrrgggghhhhhhh!

Attachments

• P1010330.jpg
    P1010330.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 196
  • P1010331.jpg
    P1010331.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 128
  • P1010333.jpg
    P1010333.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 116
  • P1010334.jpg
    P1010334.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 101
Ha ha ha well actually that was my dad's hand for starters....secondly i am actually selling this pair as my Dad seems to have bad allergies to skinks. What i dont know but he ends up with asthma and swollen eyes and he cant breathe. It only happens to skinks which it is really bizarre. Hence why we have sold all but his Land Mullet which he can't bear to part with even though she makes him sneeze.

They climbed and pushed the lid off. These guys are strong and when they grip on, they grip. Ask Pike1 about the death rolls they do when they latch on. Trust me, it hurts like hell........and it takes a long time before you get feeling and even blood circulating back in those areas.,

I've posted pics before of Marcia who is the ****ries friendliest Land Mullet.

What a beautiful skink! Are they sold yet? Pity your in QLD, I'd love to add em to my collection...:p

Ha ha ha well actually that was my dad's hand for starters....secondly i am actually selling this pair as my Dad seems to have bad allergies to skinks. What i dont know but he ends up with asthma and swollen eyes and he cant breathe. It only happens to skinks which it is really bizarre. Hence why we have sold all but his Land Mullet which he can't bear to part with even though she makes him sneeze.

Melrose has the same allergy...still, gloves for skinks?? thats taking it too far...

The ones in the above photos are King Skinks.

Here is a photo of Marcia. She loves her cuddles and doesn't bite.

Melrose has the same allergy...still, gloves for skinks?? thats taking it too far...

To be honest JasonL the last time he held them he collapsed as he couldn't breathe.....it was really full on and my Dad is pretty old school when it comes to being tough. My mother was screaming at him to use gloves and if she had it her way he would've had a gas mask too.

The poor bugger loves his skinks but he just can't keep them.

Attachments

• Marcia 1.jpg
    Marcia 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Marcia 2.JPG
    Marcia 2.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Marcia 9.JPG
    Marcia 9.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 102
Yeah i know a few people that are allergic to mullets lol

Land Mullets are much bigger than Blue Tongues- they are in fact Australia's largest skink. Marcia is a fabulous animal, personally i don't think skinks like the King Skinks, Land Mullets, Yakka Skinks, Prickly Forest Skinks etc get the attention they deserve. Just as good if not better than keeping dragons.

The King Skink didn't get us this time around but i have been bitten by this culprit before and i screamed blue murder. They latch on, and apart from the crushing sensation they then twist and pull. Extremely painful bite. I don't know what's worse a big python bite or a chomp from one of these.

i was bit by one and it felt like i slammed my finger in the car door. lol.
i lost a female cunningham for a few hours and i looked everywherefor it , then my 2 yr old was pointing at the curtains and speaking jibberish and i kept nodding and then it clicked, it was up the top in the curls of the curtain and only had its head stickin out.
yeah i know , shown up from a 2 yr old.

i was bit by one and it felt like i slammed my finger in the car door. lol.
i lost a female cunningham for a few hours and i looked everywherefor it , then my 2 yr old was pointing at the curtains and speaking jibberish and i kept nodding and then it clicked, it was up the top in the curls of the curtain and only had its head stickin out.
yeah i know , shown up from a 2 yr old.

hahahahaha - you are so right though when it comes to being bitten by these things.

Great animals though :)

I am kinda fond of the larger skinks (small are cool but fiddly to feed). How do you think they are better than dragons, as I want one of them as well. Is it an appearance thing? I love blueys, proberbly for sentimental reasons, but I love em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back