Who says skinks don't climb?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcias beautiful!!!

how long do they live for?

Land Mullets can live up to thirty years and often live in communal burrows. She shares an enclosure with another King Skink. We got marcia off John Cann back in 2001 and she is by far my Dad's favourite. Even though Dad is allergic to her, he won't part with her. My Mum cleans their enclosure for my Dad so it doesn't trigger an asthma attack etc.

I guess i think these skinks are great because of their little behaviours.....Marcia doesnt like to be held in another position other than cuddled in my dad's arms or burrowed into your neck. When she has rolled oats she often will curl up and sleep in the bowl when she's done. Then she'll go and jump in the water tub and swim.....yes swim!

The "nice' King Skink called Baron, will sit their and turn his head and look at every person in the room and as each person talks he turns his head to look and listen at them. They are very smart animals...not that he is getting in on the conversation but he is well aware of whats going on around him. Often when i make a kissing sound like i do when i clal my dog for dinner time Baron will charge out of his log and look up at me waiting for me to throw in his food. He does it everytime.

If you're lucky enough to get a Land Mullet with a nice tmeprament like Marcia, she will be a beautiful pet for life.

that sounds so adorable!!
i'd love to see her curled up in her bowl of oats!! :)

thanks for the info,...i now have another thing to add to my ever growing wish list! :)

Hehe land mullets are neat lookin critters..

I agree though, never let anyone tell you that skinks dont climb -.- the day I brought my blue tongue home, I found him on top of his tank, him being just a baby and had still found a way to climb up an unsecured leaf, stretch almost 1 1/2 his length to touch the top glass ledge, pull himself over and around that, flip upsidedown and then crawl vertically up sheer wood to get on top of the lid o_O darn lizard.

Yep I've had blueys climb vertical flyscreen on the front of my cages, and yes those Egenias are quite tenacious if they bite. On the other hand they are one of the better lizard pets because they learn to come to food.

My saxitilis used to come out when I wistled, but I always had a treat for him/her (usually a spider in a jar) I called him him or he and he sometimes would climb into the jar to get it. I could pat him on his back if I approached slowly and even if I moved fast he wouldn't run away. He lived with a pair of blotched blueys and a couple of eastern water dragons (45 cms) in a 1.8m x 1.8m cage. I had a cunninghami who I used to always handfeed snails also, could pat him or her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back