why dont people look after their reptiles????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher51383

Reaction score
hey

i went to bondi yesterday to b uy another couple of bearded dragons and when i got thir and was looking t the dragons it looked like they had not eaten in over a year or two.
they have no body weight on them at all you can see their ribs. i took them to a vet after i purchesed them so they could have a feed and the vet just told me to give them pinkies every day for so, and cricket, vegies with calcium powder every day untill they put some weight..

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT LOOK AFTER THEIR ANIMALS??????

Is there any thing else i should do for the beardies

hey

i went to bondi yesterday to b uy another couple of bearded dragons and when i got thir and was looking t the dragons it looked like they had not eaten in over a year or two.
they have no body weight on them at all you can see their ribs. i took them to a vet after i purchesed them so they could have a feed and the vet just told me to give them pinkies every day for so, and cricket, vegies with calcium powder every day untill they put some weight..

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT LOOK AFTER THEIR ANIMALS??????

Is there any thing else i should do for the beardies

some people are just in it for money its horrible i know but some dont care about the welbeing aslong as there getting cash in there pocket at the end of the day :(

not all people who breed just for cash are like this but some are.

let us know how ur beardies get on

I would not have bought the animals. Unfortunatly you have to be a bit cruel in these situations. These people will just do the same thing over and over again as thay are making money.

Were they private sellers or a shop? Either way I would be making a report to your States governing body or the RSPCA.

he was a private seller. i could not just leave them there with that guy so i paied him the money for them and left if they had stayed with that guy any longer they would have died, and i would hav felt realy bad if i had left them with him

wouldnt go with pinkies yet, when i picked daisy up she was so wasted that she c ould hardly poo, shed strain for ages and ages while hanging onto my hand ion the warm bath and pass hardly anything.

i suggest u mush up beardy pellets, make them quite runny and add calcium and syringe feed them for a week or so,...roaches/crix/veges inbetween,..but so the bullk of the stool is very soft.

sun all weekend if you can.

Daisy went from 155g to 300 in a month, for a 3 year old dragon that hasnt gained length and is far from fat still its a huge improvement.

good on you for rescuing the poor things, hopefully they'll come good for you.

I would not have bought the animals. Unfortunatly you have to be a bit cruel in these situations. These people will just do the same thing over and over again as thay are making money.

Were they private sellers or a shop? Either way I would be making a report to your States governing body or the RSPCA.

Exactly right, people should not buy sickly animals from private persons or from petshops. As hard as it may be, doing this is not helping the problem. They will think, hey - I dont have to keep this animal in good condition as they sell anyway.

Best thing to do would be report them, it makes me sick people who can treat an animal like that.

Total waste of time reporting anyone to the authorities as they wont do anything
about it, There have been numerous complaints about a pet/reptile shop in melbourne
and it all falls on deaf ears!
The RSPCA dont give a stuff about anything they cant get heeps of TV coverage out of
and are a complete waste of time and energy

Awesome Buddy, I wouldnt of been able to sleep either know they where hungry.... My wife said she wants kids.... i said we BEEBING do... We have 10..... 3 Staffies 3 Cats and 3 Snakes and a fighting fish (SHHHHH maybe adding a mating pair of 3yr Diamonds she dont know yet) and No feral children.....The way i like it ........

the beardies are going well they dont seem to be putting any weight on at all could they have worms (can they get worms) what elese can i do for them..

yes tehy can get worms, take them to the vet for a fecal and/or meds.

its a good thing u did get them otherwise they wouldve died,im ptretty sure they can get worms,but get more advice,i hope they get better,great job 2 buy them when they wernt in the best condition,cheers

Why do people kill, why do people start wars, why do people not look after children.

There are lots of why, it can be a pandora's box if you start askign questions like that.

meal worms & earthworms for fat & protein... woodies(calcium supp) much better than crickets
its so important you dont over do it,...as their system can go into shock & get worse..no rodent yet!
keep up heat ...not under 20 at night ..like a juvie dragon)...& plenty of hydration...bathing will help

Do you have photos of the dragons when you got them. I know that if you can back up claims to the RSPCA with photos they take it a little more seriously.

I would not have bought the animals. Unfortunatly you have to be a bit cruel in these situations. .......

You are right but if it were me I would still have bought the animals. I have done so before and probably will again. I am a glutten for punishment when it comes to neglected animals. But I would also have reported the mistreatment. There is no excuse.

I would not cool them while they are in such condition. Let them eat till their heart's content. I am glad you got them away from that person. They are in good hands now :D

yup I succumb to that ... thats how I have a 6 1/2 foot coastal carpet python and a 5 foot water python ...

spoiled rotten I may add. No one misses a meal or has a ****ty shed here :)

Have you kept them seperate from your other animals? In another part of the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back