why dont people look after their reptiles????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i have pictures of them when i got them as i took some the first day i got them as i do with all my reptiles it has been seprated from all other animals and it at 33 degrees temp all the time.
it is not putting any weight on at all but it is piging out on woodies crickets and mealworms.
what elese could be wrong with it????

why don't people look after any kind of animal? stupidity? laziness? general tight assness? take your pick there's no excuse for any of it and it still sickens me no matter how many times i see it

yes i have pictures of them when i got them as i took some the first day i got them as i do with all my reptiles it has been seprated from all other animals and it at 33 degrees temp all the time.
it is not putting any weight on at all but it is piging out on woodies crickets and mealworms.
what elese could be wrong with it????

has it had a fecal? (test fro worms/parasites)

whaddaya mean 33 all tlhe time?
what about the 43C basking spot and the cool end?

has it had a fecal?

if temps and stuff are right parasites would be the next thing that could be affecting growth.

hey i have told you all about my sick beardies that i bought!!!!!
i still do not know what is wrong with it i am feeding it woodies crickets with calcium and vitamins veggies and pinkies and it has not put any weight on i have taken it to the vet 3 times now with the same result(which has cost me a fortune) they said it is just underweight..
what elese should i do i will post some pictures soon for you guys.... (try not to be too shocked when you see her i have warned you)

You can try worming them. Worms could effect weight gain. But they aren't going to fatten up overnight either. As thin as they are, they are using up a lot that new-found energy so its going to take time for it to catch up to a point where they are eating more than they need.

Don't fret, don't give up. You are doing a great job with them.

Have you seen this site www.beardeddragon.org

Especially for beardies

I would not have bought the animals. Unfortunatly you have to be a bit cruel in these situations. These people will just do the same thing over and over again as thay are making money.

Were they private sellers or a shop? Either way I would be making a report to your States governing body or the RSPCA.

Ditto to that. Even if you feel sorry for them you shouldn't buy them as it reinforces that everything's fine and the seller is still making money.

Luckily we don't sell reptiles through petshops in NSW Hsut...well not yet anyway.

why don't people look after any kind of animal? stupidity? laziness? general tight assness? take your pick there's no excuse for any of it and it still sickens me no matter how many times i see it

Ditto to that too... :(

Labradors are NOT hard to feed, and yet this is an all too common occurrence with all breeds of dogs. :(

Attachments

• kilo1.jpg
    kilo1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 30
  • kilo2.jpg
    kilo2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 29
Can i ask how you guys think these people were just in it for the money??? Doesnt sound like keeping emaciated beardies would be good for anything. Thousands of pets are neglected across australia, legally kept reptiles are probably better off than most animals.

the same

this is what it still looks like after ages of hard work and food and it hasnt changed abit

Attachments

• DSC01412.jpg
    DSC01412.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01413.jpg
    DSC01413.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 71
omg! That is terrible (what the previous owner did) Glad you have him now, the only thing I can think of you can do is to make a slurry with his calcium/veggies/protein and syringe feed him.

Mate that looks horrid!
If the little tacker doesn't put some weight on quick smart
I can't see it living for all that long :(
People who do this kinda thing
should be made to go through the same existence
that they put their critters through. IMO

thats totally disgraceful, i've never seen anything like that,...!! :(

if she hasnt been gaining weight with insects i dont know what syringe feeding could do,...

how much is she eating?

has she (her poo) been tested for worms?

maybe the previous owner wasnt so bad after all,...my very skinny/neglected rescue pretty much doubled her weight within a month,...so theres something very wrong there,.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back