why dont people look after their reptiles????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try mutton bird oil? mix it with calcium & vitamins... perhaps an x-ray?
Doesn't look hopefull

so what will happend if it doesnt put any weight on will it have to be put down. how old does it look to you guys

Well if he doesn't put on weight he won't get healthy so...
Also in such horrid condition it would be hard to estimate an age
Looks to be a mature beardy..what age did they say he was?
Feel sorry for you mate, try to do a good thing & it doesn't seem
to make a difference

Find a reptile vet if you're vet isn't good with reptiles. If it's been feasting on pinkies, woodies etc and hasn't put on weight I'd be concerned about worms, parasites or another health issue stopping the weight from going on. Reptile vet is the way to go, probably some tests, not just visual examination.

My beardy just in the last two weeks has put on noticeable weight since coming out from Brumating.

Your temps seem spot on, is the beardy active at all?

I also meant to say good on you for putting the effort in to get it healthy again mate. I hope it works out.

out of the 6 times you've been asked if its been tested for worms and parasites you havent managed to answer that once,....are you ignoring the question for a reason?

also who is your vet?
another question you dontn seem too keen to answer,..

people are asking questions that need to be answered in order to try and help your beardy.
try answering them.

are they easterns or centrals sorry have only red the 1st page. Easterns are very had to put weight on so try pumping food into them and cranking up the heat,

no it just moves into basking spot and lays there it is not even half as active as my other beardies the guy i went to was a reptile vet.... so i am told. what other reptile vets are around how much will it cost me to get tests done as i am only 16 with a part time job all my money is ggoing into this little guy at the moment

i left it at a vetanery in penrith for a coulpe of days and they sed it did not have worms!!!! sorry for not answering im on a pda so its hard to reed everything propley cause its so small

how much wats is the basking light. try feeding her as many large woodies/crix and pinkies as possible. There is a Reptile vet at Austral who is very well known and good.

ah man if its a central there is something wrong they eat like pigs and a normally very fat.

Christopher it sounds like you are doing the best you can for the poor little thing. Hope it turns out ok.
Chris1 dont be so rude, he has sone more than most would have for this little guy.

these are the 3 other ones i got the same time which have put on stacks of weight they all looked like the one above and this is them now

Attachments

• DSC01417.jpg
    DSC01417.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 89
yer those 3 are easterns the other one is a central yes they all eat veggies. which the 3 easterns were a little fatter so they would breed for me

Judging by that pic definitely looks like they were all badly neglected.
You can see the spine is still quite defined & that is a sure fire way
to tell they are ematiated...Poor little chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back