Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caustichumor

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Something to pass the time and get a chuckle out of, What is the worst injury an animal has inflicted on you? I have been lucky too never be laid up for too long by anything that has decided to taste, sting, step on or otherwise cause me to let out a string of curses. And we are not talking about human animals here either fur, feather or scales only.;)

i would say my daughter when she was teething, she bit my arm so hard she peirced the skin. from that day on she is classified as a animal.

Once I fell off a young colt I was breaking in. He had just gone mental and I ended up shattering my tailbone, fracturing my elbow and got a concussion. Still had to get back on and finish the day's training though. Haha. Needless to say, I couldn't sit down properly for a week.

One of my bluetongues grabbed my pinkie finger during feeding one day and went into a death-roll. I don't think my finger was in danger of actually coming off, but it really hurt!

I wasn't laughing but my mum sure was.

I was at a mates house and his dog (anklebiter) had pups and he said not to go near them or she would attack :lol: I said nah she loves me that dog and just as i finished saying that she flew at my face and had me by the top lip :lol: .
The worst part of that was that my lip had almost healed from falling out of a two story house in putting my teeth through it :lol: :lol:

Ps i can see the funny side now ;)

my husband used to ride bulls in rodeos i dont think the page is big enough to list all his injurys

my worst would be coming off a newly broken horse and i had to go to hospital in an ambulance i was knocked out for about 3 hours luckily nothing was broken but i had what they called a "dropped foot" which was paralised from the ankle down for about a month, i couldnt walk on it or anything. the scariest part was they couldnt tell me how long it would be like that or even if it would ever get better at all, but luckily i just woke up one morning and it was back to normal, in that same stacka i must have done something to my jaw cause my teeth have been crooked ever since

ive also had stiches in my face from a dog and a rooster

got bitten on the chest my a koala and bitten on the calf by a wombat whilst trying to hurdle its enclosure fence :) didn't make the hurdle..

My dog kicked me in the nuts once that hurt, either that or a rat bite they hurt too, i think i need to be more stupid around animals so i can have more fun like you guys.

years ago i was playin ball at the local park with my new puppy, looked up to see a huge dog runnin full on angry across the park at puppy ......anyway long story short haha i grab my lil puppy up high n tryed passive action (bailin) n it decided ill have u!then n attacked me first on the arm then the lower leg/shin i was lucky with the arm but the lower leg he got me from the front across the shin and ragdolled like crazy so i punched him where ever i could n got a yelp out he backed of n regrouped for round two!.....in this i looked down to see a good litre or more of dark blood everywhere n my leg wide open ,pup in arm.......i colapsed!!!! i opened my eyes to see a ranger runnin up from behind across the park with his noose pole yellin at the dog to attack him ...he wanted me!then bam the ranger split him with the pole across the neck dead. i was raced to hospital for maybe 8 of the worst needles (all sorts for pitty n rabbies haha),some stiches n staples .......dont fight PITBULLS!!!!!!!
ps the pup was fine!!!!!!!!!

One of my mum's thorough breads double kicked me it the chest. Did some heafty damage.

Had a young horse do a tap dance on me whilst trying to break it in, left me black and blue for a while.
A Lion Fish envenomated me about 10 years ago - was not a happy chappy and
a couple of years ago, nailed by a Redback spiders. Sick as a dog for days.
Go figure, house full of venomous snakes and I get nailed buy a fish and a spider. :shock:

I was sick once an my dad offered to feed the horses. He came in with this like purple blister on his head - My horse bit him lol!.
Aside from that I have been really lucky - attacked by a duck once coz I was trying to help its baby out of the fence where it was stuck - whilst I was cowering in frght it got free.
Once we thought I dislocated my shoulder (got bucked off whilst galloping flat out and landed in a peach tree) - but never went to hospital was just bloody sore - couldn't lift it up for 3 weeks.
Guess I must bounce when I fall.
Worst one I have ever seen was a girl jumping a cross-country oxer (cross country means the jumps dont collapse when you hit them and an oxer is a smaller bar in front and a bigger one behind) and the hose misjudged and got its front legs stuck in btw the front and back poles. It flipped over and landed on the rider (no idea how it got its legs out w/out snapping them!). Broke her collarbone, arm dislocated elbow and jaw smashed.Also 6 ribs got broken and pressed on her lung meaning that it couldn't inflate so in the ambo they cut up under her rib and stuck a tube in. Was terrible- first day of the year too with all the new members and little kids there - really awful day

Bitten on the back by a full grown alsation guard dog. Bitten on the toe by a possum, stung on the eyelid by a bee with allergic reaction.

Put my foot to far into the sturip, come off dragged for about 500m, over a few driveways.

I got munched on the calf by someones old Blue Healer, I think it read my mind as I was thinking "what a mangy old mutt!" (luckily his teeth were blunt :lol:) and then I got whacked in the face a couple of times trying to release a shag out of a heap of old fishing line (the thanks I get! pfffft!) :lol: ............I still think an Adult bearded dragon hurts like blazes though! :D

Also, I don't rate most non-venomous snake bites and have always been careful around the bigger ones to avoid adding them to my remarkably short list!! :p

Looking at my scars it's hard to remeber how I got them all. Damn I was a wicked child.

When I was 12 my parents enrolled me in a summer riding camp. Just when I had heaps of confidence the horse I was riding decided to roll on it's back with me still in the saddle. The worst part was I was using a western saddle and the polop?? (spelling??, big leather knob) cracked 3 ribs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back