Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one time......

I worked as a vet assistant ,and the vet got me to feel for the calf whilst still inside the cow. When I couldn't feel it the vet pushed me in right up to near my shoulder. The cow was surprised and decided to clench her her v@61n@. I was stuck there for 35 minutes, that when I finally got my arm out I was bruised and my arm felt dead.

And this other time..........

I went swimming at a creek at the age of 13, and came out with leeches. As i removed them, I realised there was an uncomfortable feeling downstairs. As I looked in, there were three leaches attached to my peepee. I freaked,pulled them off and apparently nearly fainted.

I'm lucky, I realise i'm doing well in getting points for the Darwin Awards

Went to featherdale, seen the cutest little furry critter that was a grey colour with pink dots was beautiful & thought I would try to give it a pat as it looked so timid. The thing shot down a branch like a bat out of hell & latched onto my finger.

That was my 1st encounter with a spotted Quoll!

worst bite ive had wouldve been from a wild adult bluey,went for him behind the head,and he crawled a bit forward turn around and latched onto my thumb and wouldnt go,held him off the ground and he was hanging on to my thumb.. put him on the ground,15 seconds later he let go,checked my thumb and he had ripped a neat slice into my thumb and on the finger nail side he spit in 2...

the only way i can explain what its like,is imagine having your thumb slammed in a door,for 15 seconds before it gets let out,and the door has tiny teeth lol

certainly learned from that,ALWAYS get the blueys from behind the head in the wild

I went swimming at a creek at the age of 13, and came out with leeches. As i removed them, I realised there was an uncomfortable feeling downstairs. As I looked in, there were three leaches attached to my peepee. I freaked,pulled them off and apparently nearly fainted.

One lesson i learnt when i was in cadets wear protection when in water they can actually get inside and that would just be nasty:shock:

Also i just got bitten by an adult mouse for the first time, that hurts a little bit more than i thought it would. Im just no competition for you guys though :(

Similar..

worst bite ive had wouldve been from a wild adult bluey,went for him behind the head,and he crawled a bit forward turn around and latched onto my thumb and wouldnt go,held him off the ground and he was hanging on to my thumb.. put him on the ground,15 seconds later he let go,checked my thumb and he had ripped a neat slice into my thumb and on the finger nail side he spit in 2...

the only way i can explain what its like,is imagine having your thumb slammed in a door,for 15 seconds before it gets let out,and the door has tiny teeth lol

certainly learned from that,ALWAYS get the blueys from behind the head in the wild

I had a BIG stumpy when I was a teenager. A couple of my parents friends were over and had a bit to drink. One of my fathers' friends decided in an episode of alcohol induced bravado to stick his finger in my lizards mouth, foolishly asking me whilst sticking his finger in "do you think this will hurt?" I naturally replied "yes," and chuckled when my lizard promptly bit his finger tip off.

He's lucky I didn't have a pet panther;)

Lol, i dont know if anyone's been to a place called oakvale farm, near newcastle. Went there as a kid with a school trip, and just as we were leaving i decided to feed some galahs the last of my food. BAD IDEA. Galah decided my finger looked ,much tastier and bit right through the tip of it. Fiongernail and all. Blood everywhere, me showing everyone and poking it making the blood spurt. Damned parrots.

Got attacked by dogs on two separate occasions. Fortunately for me they did not fit to my definition of dogs (must at least reach the knee for classification as such). Jack russel decided that the hem of my jeans needed removing and went to work. Must have looked pretty funny just continuing to walk, albeit dragging one foot. Other time it was a dauschund on either leg. I will never work the census again.

Love the posts in this thread! There are some classics ;)

One time whilst attempting to wash a housemates cat in the laundry sink, its teeth become attached to my hand :lol: After 2-3 minutes of trying to remove the cat without causing pain to it, finally it let go. The blo*dy animal had fully bitten through the muscle between my thumb and index finger and in constant pain for over 1 month.

I never realised how powerful cats jaws could be until that moment. Had many other bites, bruises, falls etc, but that was by far the most unexpected and painful.

trying to break in a brumbie we had caught out bush when we were out hunting pig brought it back in cause she was a beautiful palamino and i wanted her so during the process of breakin her in she pigg rooted me off i flew in the air and landed againest the round up pen gates broke my wrist and collar bone and was bruised a bit too i was in pain for days......

i was 5 and at featherdale on a kindy excursion,i was in the petting area a young grey roo lent back and gave me both legs in the chest. My teacher then started to beat it up with her hand bag. I was more than a bit tender for a while after that

i got tagged on the face, mm's from my eye and blood started pooring down my face ect. very funny although one of those things you had to be there for. only happened three days ago....lol

A sheep bit me on the end of the finger ripping a 3rd of my nail off. I felt like punching it. lol

"the polop?? (spelling??, big leather knob)" actually that would be the horn

im nearly wetting myself reading some of these

im nearly wetting myself reading some of these

or pommel? not sure on spelling either but i think thats what he means

I've had a horse gnaw on my hand....not just bite it...but actually grind it between its teeth.....other than that ferret bites hurt like hell.

Misjudged a tree branch while horse riding and whacked my mouth then fell off.

All my encounters were from Featherdale Wildlife Park in the 2 years i worked there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel

or pommel? not sure on spelling either but i think thats what he means"

yep you could be right but on a western its still called a horn

WHY CANT I QUOTE

Had a young horse do a tap dance on me whilst trying to break it in, left me black and blue for a while.
A Lion Fish envenomated me about 10 years ago - was not a happy chappy and
a couple of years ago, nailed by a Redback spiders. Sick as a dog for days.
Go figure, house full of venomous snakes and I get nailed buy a fish and a spider. :shock:

hahahah typical.

My worse.. hmm.. The most impressive one would be over tightening a girth when I was about 12... Kept struggling and struggling to get the girth up to this particular notch that the horse eventually slowly turned around, judged its distance and gave me a hard square bite on my side..... The dark purple/blue bruise was the size of a 17inch monitor.. :eek: Hehehe.. I was showing off my side for weeks! And the poor patient horse was completely right! The wrangler came around just after I got bitten and couldn't understand why a 12 year old was strong enough to tighten the girth an extra 3 notches from usual...ah the silly things we do when we're young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back