Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"the polop?? (spelling??, big leather knob)" actually that would be the horn

im nearly wetting myself reading some of these

Yeah well, didn't know what it was called as I have never gotton on a horse since, and every time I see one my chest hurts. - Crying and shaking in the corner - :shock:

Im not a horse fan either, last time i rode one (14 or so years ago) the thing took off after chooks and i couldnt stop it, my feet wouldn't fit in the stirips (spelling?) because i had my motorbike boots on so i had to try and hang on for the ride :)

she didnt get all that badly hurt, but i was out trail riding with sisters and parents years ago, when little sisters horse decided that bolting for home was the best idea. Sister was slowly rotating until she was hanging on under the horse. She fell off, and the horse promptly proceeded to stop right next to her and give her a big lick. Her pride was hurt more than her body

Glad to see there are lots of horse accidents! Lets see, when I was 4 my foot was shattered by my mums heavily pregnant mare standing on it for about 5 minutes (I was too little to move her and she has happily eating her dinner. Whats that about wearing proper shoes when around horses? You mean barefoot isnt the way to go???)
Have a lovely scar on my leg from my extremely quiet horse flipping out and throwing me against a stable door and having the bolt on the door go through my leg. The door ended up about 50 metres across the yard, the horse galloping around and the other groom saying to me "wow, I can see the bone." (and found bits of my leg in the bolt, eeww)
Dislocated shoulder from laziness and trying to lead two fit event horses to their paddocks in just halters, they went seperate ways, but I wasnt letting go, felt like I was going to be split in 2!
I think 3 is enough for now...

Cheers

HAHA I just remembered a good one! about 3 years ago training for mounted games I had to learn to vault (get on whilst the horse was running) so my instructer was lunging and I was running around in circles, jumping up and down. We were on a light slope and I jumped right at the lowest point. Flew through the air and my knees grazed the saddle before I was over the other side and SMACK into the ground. The stupid bit was I got up and did the exact same thing a minute later! Then didn't even get to try it at state coz I sprained my ankle (running around in the dark 1st night and fell in a ditch) and my team pulled me from all the vault events :( Still rode tho :D Had to get mum to pull my boot off each night :D:D should have been on crutched for 6-8 weeks apparently lol never mind now!

Glad to see there are lots of horse accidents! Lets see, when I was 4 my foot was shattered by my mums heavily pregnant mare standing on it for about 5 minutes (I was too little to move her and she has happily eating her dinner. Whats that about wearing proper shoes when around horses? You mean barefoot isnt the way to go???)
Have a lovely scar on my leg from my extremely quiet horse flipping out and throwing me against a stable door and having the bolt on the door go through my leg. The door ended up about 50 metres across the yard, the horse galloping around and the other groom saying to me "wow, I can see the bone." (and found bits of my leg in the bolt, eeww)
Dislocated shoulder from laziness and trying to lead two fit event horses to their paddocks in just halters, they went seperate ways, but I wasnt letting go, felt like I was going to be split in 2!
I think 3 is enough for now...

Cheers

hahaha no this is great! Keep em coming! We get to know you better aswell.. :p

just read a great post in another thread about a guy getting bitten on the testicles by a brown tree snake. hillarious!!! :lol:

My dad is a paramedic, he picked up a guy that got bitten on the old fella whilst taking a **** behind a tree at a party. Didn't notice he was ****ing on a tiger snake, and the tiger had taken offence.

hmm, I think my dad's past cockatoo would have to take the cake for he worst injuries I've attained lol
Let's just say: LOTS of blood drawn from unclipped talons ripping through human flesh, and quite a few scars left from his "love" bites lol
He WAS a nice boy though, I mean, I wouldn't be happy if my owner neglected me, and confined me to a small cage all day either :evil: :evil: :evil:

Apart from that, there was the time I put my leg in the middle of a dog fight (yes, my moment of shining glory highlighting my supreme 'intelligence' :p ) and got a full-on, powerful chomp from my husky and yes, it DID hurt afterwards, still have scars n he was only 6 months when this happened), though he did the whole "remorseful" act and ran away to hide in his kennel, tail b/w legs as soon as he realised what he had done lol. Then about 10 mins later, he finally crawled out of there, slowly creeping over to me, only to avoid any eye contact whatsoever and try and "kiss the sore better" lol..

That's about it, apart from several small animal mishaps like snakie tags, scratches from roos, ooh yeah, and my kitten jumping onto my back and hanging from my skin, claws sunk in and all when I was about 7 lol
Good times, good times... :lol:

my parents own a horse stud and my old man is that complacent he is always gettin kicked bitted or the best 1 and most funniest is wen he is trimmin there feet he always jus wears runners and of course the stallions always pull away and paw out and always get his left big toe so no sooner does the toe heal wit new toe nail and all does it happen again!

hmm, I think my dad's past cockatoo would have to take the cake for he worst injuries I've attained lol
Let's just say: LOTS of blood drawn from unclipped talons ripping through human flesh, and quite a few scars left from his "love" bites lol
He WAS a nice boy though, I mean, I wouldn't be happy if my owner neglected me, and confined me to a small cage all day either :evil: :evil: :evil:

Apart from that, there was the time I put my leg in the middle of a dog fight (yes, my moment of shining glory highlighting my supreme 'intelligence' :p ) and got a full-on, powerful chomp from my husky and yes, it DID hurt afterwards, still have scars n he was only 6 months when this happened), though he did the whole "remorseful" act and ran away to hide in his kennel, tail b/w legs as soon as he realised what he had done lol. Then about 10 mins later, he finally crawled out of there, slowly creeping over to me, only to avoid any eye contact whatsoever and try and "kiss the sore better" lol..

That's about it, apart from several small animal mishaps like snakie tags, scratches from roos, ooh yeah, and my kitten jumping onto my back and hanging from my skin, claws sunk in and all when I was about 7 lol
Good times, good times... :lol:

actually iv shared the same experience my gradparents had 2 cockies wen i was bout 5 1 was nice then there was the evil 1 called killer cocky, and that he was! he used to dig out of his cage and no 1 could go outside until my aunty came and caught him! he was nice to her! i jus happened to b outside 1 day wen he got out and he ripped at my head and back blood everywhere! dad came to the rescuue and wen it went to attack him he puched it and stunned it, looking back it was funny stuff

I learnt the hard way what damage a large parrot can cause. Indicus used to pat this psycho parrot that would attack any one that approached his cage. Eventually he managed to even let the bird kiss him and I was very impressed as clearly this bird seemed to like him. After a while I thought I had finally won the bird over as eventually it would allow me to scratch him and would screech out to me every time I came around. One day I got super confident and decided that this bird liked me enough to try the kissing trick like Indicus had done many times. Well what a mistake, this parrot just lunged out and ripped a huge gouge out of my bottom lip and the injury was very nasty, blood every where and my so called friend who witnessed it just rolled around in fits of laughter. For at least two months after, coffee would dribble out of the grove that the injury left. I now hate that parrots guts.

Talk about psycho parrots. My ex. wife and I were at Mt. Lofty many years ago visiting some wildlife park (can't remember the name). A sulphur crested cockatoo took a shining to her and of course she was lapping up the affection. I warned her of the damage a cockatoo could do and she naturally ignored me. I laughed my head off when the cockatoo decided to grab hold of her nipple and give it a healthy nip. Must have thought it was a mammal ;)

:D they're very funny, but you people scare me sometimes ;)

thankgod it didnt happen to me, but the story about the snake bite i heard was a guy was in hospital for some op or sumthin i dunno, went to take a **** and a GTS/BTS had gotten into the piping and got him right on the balls. atleast he was in the right place but now i check before i sit down :)

What is the first aid protocol for such an injury. I can't see a pressure bandage being applied and heaven forbid the outdated protocol of sucking the poison out...

Well I was hoping for some pictures of injuries in progress, The worst invenomation I received was from a box jellyfish. Casting lures for flathead off the beach I saw a school of salmon busting up, Ripping in my plastic lure I tried to replace it with a metal, while gripping the slack end with my teeth I realised that there was a considerable amount of pain in my cheek, and then I realised the tentacle hanging from my line. Vinegar was only a 50 meter sprint away so I was happy.
Lots of horse injuries I see! Not that I am surprised by that, While I havent been on a horse for over ten years, I remember having my foot stood on and being scraped against a tree.
Teeth penetrations aside it is good to see not many people laid up by any serious injuries

When I was 4 I was standing behind the rails of my second storey balcony when my dog nudged me of, which was when I fell and hit my head on a rock, stiches but no lasting damage luckily! (Hits head and tells somone to shut up that no one else can hear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back