Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No male is 1000 in Vic & the female is 5000 & in qld...
Personally they do nothing for me prefer the classics any day

Funny they all come out of the wood work when someone stirs up the hype...

it looks like another sick snake to me ( overdoes of antibiotics for scale rot) .
buyers beware.
if it is a trait than its dam ugly and will only find a small market .

I don't know hey, if it is not because the snake is sick one of these cleaned up could look pretty specky. A few generations of line breeding with some hypo blood could create something pretty flash.

Gee are we really that desperate for Morphs? At best you will wash out the vibrant colours of a bredli, hopefully whoever bought the male will find $5000 to pair up the female. (not that I want to see the offspring, just so they don't spread their genes any further into normal Bredli lineages)

Could look pretty nice with some albino darwin in it lol..

must admit i really dont like the look of it at all, rather ugly but definatly unusual! BUT if somebody gets the pair, good luck to them and i hope it does prove to be something special for them especially if the ofspring look even crazier! the person with the female would be cheering, the male sells and you can just imagen how badly the buyer would want the female. SR will probably get them...lol.

Why not? some people pay $100,000 for a painting. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I can't justify paying $100,000 for a painting either.
Don't get me wrong, the snake is different, and beautiful in it's own right, but I don't think that it's something that should be pushed to breed. The Bredlis we have know are just beautiful!!
That's just my opinion.
;)You can know jump on me and tear me to shreds now - you know you want to!;)

Very different and interesting but not my cup of tea thats for sure. I am looking at my normal bredli as i write this and i would pick them over this so called new form.

Cameron

The reason is because his vet told him it was a morph and that it was worth a bit, so he decided to sell it, make a bit of cash and purchase another normal bredli to replace it. The seller is not all that experienced and is not too keen on trying to breed it.

I spoke to Dave Barker about the younger male a few weeks back. He said that it is possible the snake could end up losing all of its pigment, but that it was unlikely to be a heritable trait - similar conditions have been noted in a few boas and pythons overseas. He also suggested it may be some type of auto-immune disorder.

Now that a second animal has surfaced, i guess opinions may have changed a little. I'd be particularly interested to know whether that female came from Roy Pails. I spoke to Roy a few weeks back also and he mentioned that a customer had sent in pics of a bredli showing that "all it's pigment was vanishing". So there may even be a third animal out there.

In any case, sure they're not much to look at, but what sort of potential do they have? That pairing has far more potential to produce leucies than any other pair of bredli in Australia. Sure, the chances are still very low, but what if....?

I can't justify paying $100,000 for a painting either.
Don't get me wrong, the snake is different, and beautiful in it's own right, but I don't think that it's something that should be pushed to breed. The Bredlis we have know are just beautiful!!
That's just my opinion.
;)You can know jump on me and tear me to shreds now - you know you want to!;)

At least a $100,000.00 painting won't drop dead!

thats pretty hot, where ever you got it or how ever you bred it keep it up, we need some new australian species other than green, grey, brown, yellow, black and white.. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back