You know you are OLD when you can remember........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with my err ....

Its a sign of old age when you can't remember stuff.

What's the price difference with sunny boys today compared to yesterdecade?

lilmissrazz I can't believe you know the commodore 64. I had one and my favourite games were Fire Rescue, jumpin jack and impossible mission.

wow, i love hearing about how things have changed!! Hearing how people grew up. I'm only 25 but here i go ~ dos codes to make the commi 64 run and waiting for it to load, having actual floppy disks lol (loved ghosts n goblins, henrys house, fire rescue i think it was called) ~ walking out the door @ the crack of dawn and returning just after dusk ~ going to the neighbours to check out there atari!! & playing mario on it ~ taking a note to the corner shop to buy smokes for the parents ~ actually getting dirty! ~ getting locked in the car if u where a lil **** ~ opting to sit in the car while someone ran into the shop ~ leaving the doors unlocked ~ mulligrubs, merry melodies, smurfs, snorks, heman, shera, trap door, banana man, roger ramjet, care bears, punkie brewster, inspector gadget, pound puppies, original transformers, henrys cat, gummi bears, dungeons & dragons, agro's cartoon connection, hey hey its saturday (watchin it with the parents every saturday nite & lovin it), funniest home videos was funny!, a country practice, sons & daughters, east street, bay watch, 90210, doug, ahhh real monsters, eek the cat, bobby's world, wow ok i could go on all day ~ going to the old couple next door and falling asleep in their bean bag nearly everyday and the cops dont come and question you about what happened while u where there lol ~ going beach yabbyin with the old man ~ $10 would get you into the movies, with popcorn, drink and you can also go and get pizza hut all u can eat afterwards ~ thinkin my bro was the coolest when he got his job and got a mobile phone that should have come with a back brace! Lol ~ "running" away from home and going across the road to the phone booth and calling mum (coz you had about 10 seconds to speak before it would cut off) ~ walking to the bus stop without a parent needing to be there ~ walking any where, day or night and not being scared or your parents stressing too much ~ bubble'o'bills!! Polly waffles where actually good!, milkos, redskins and spearmints where better, $2 worth of chips for a family of 4 with left overs!, milk bottle lollies, soft drink was a treat (a rare one) ok i should stop coz i will just keep going on & on & on lol

awesome!!!

I use to get told children are to be seen and not heard.

Little girls weren't allowed to burp or fart because it wasn't lady-like. Had to wear "frocks" and not allowed to wear jeans or you were considered a tomboy.

What's the first telephone you remember? We had one of them one's where the receiver sat on top of the phone, and to dial the number you had to stick your finger in a hole and turn the numbers round. Had a loud "ring ring, ring ring" like a bell. My uncle lived out west and had one he had to wind at the side and held a speaker to his ear and spoke from a separate microphone thingy.

My first computer was a commodore 64, even had a printer for it - a black and white dot matrix - then my mum and dad upgraded to a 286 IBM computer and a colour dot matrix printer. Used TV for monitors because proper monitors were too expensive.

Oh and nobody has mentioned the old dollar notes. Use to have notes for $1 and $2.

Last edited:
When the Karrawongs (like Magpies) used to pierce the foil top of the delivered milk bottles and drink the cream sediment at the top....I loved the Milko until the bastard ran over one our dogs.....another memory when your dog just hung outside and cruised around.

Pfffft - Commodore 64... we had an Apple II Europlus... And I used to play Taipan, Sabotage and some helicopter game which i loved....

A computer had a special big building to house it and ran using cards with small rectangular holes in the, the printer was like a telex machine(oh yeah, they had telex machines). It didnt have games but was used to decipher top secret information. I hope the time limit has run out on my official secrets act document or I'm in deep ....

I remember at art school a group of us were so jealous when MIT in Boston got two, yes two, Cray Super Computers. We had Macs with 20mb external hard drives and Amiga 2000s. The Univac was obsolete by then.

i remember when my buddy struck two stones together and the world saw the very 1st fire :p

nah im not that old
i remember wen cops made u blow into a bag to breathalize u then used the tube and now its a new just talk thingy

I remember before drink driving rules: )

Playing outside because there was so much to do ..........
Going to the park by yourself at age 5 & playing till lunch, then going back till late & BEING SAFE ..........
Playing at a mates house until your dad gave 'the whistle' (never game to make him whistle twice) ..........
HeMan & Sheera ..........
Cabbage Patch dolls & Care Bears (when they first came out) ..........
Fraggle Rock - How cool were they? Had a board game too but it's lost forever - they don't make them anymore - sigh .........
When your first boy/girlfriend was a BIG deal ..........
Having to do chores because you had to - not to get pocket money ..........
Using your manners & utmost respect to your parents (or any elder for that matter) or you got your butt whooped ..........
Not getting absolutely everything for Christmas & being grateful for what you did get .........
Getting sent to my room for calling my sister a B i t c H ..........
'Helping' my dad 'drive' the car when I was like 4 when he came home from work (then hitting mum's car) ..........
Dad chasing his XC down the street when he forgot to put the parkbrake on ..........
My grandad looking after us kids when we were toddlers, because both parents had to work to make ends meet .........

.......... the list goes on ..........

Great thread - let's keep it going !!!

Here is something I can remember but fortunately doesn't exist any more - the conscription lottery. :shock: Winners got the opportunity to go overseas to get shot at. You youngsters don't know what your missing.

Now get off my lawn.

Here is something I can remember but fortunately doesn't exist any more - the conscription lottery. :shock: Winners got the opportunity to go overseas to get shot at. You youngsters don't know what your missing.

Now get off my lawn.

Yeah I remember that, and fronting up to the local Post Office to register for the ballot. Then listening to the ABC t.v. news to find out the "lucky" birth dates drawn. My number did come up but fortunately I didn't end up in the Army.

when a neighbour accidently runs over your dog, they would turn up with the poor animal in there arms, wife & kids in toe, they would lay the dog on your front lawn, tell you how sorry they were then help you burry it... now ppl just leave your beloved pet on the side of the road till the council clean it up...

The old garbage trucks that use to have two men hanging off the back of it and they would manually tip your rubbish into your bin. Those days they didn't have wheely bins. Just them small things with the lids they still sell them in shops. I use them for soaking my snakes or storage.

when a neighbour accidently runs over your dog, they would turn up with the poor animal in there arms, wife & kids in toe, they would lay the dog on your front lawn, tell you how sorry they were then help you burry it... now ppl just leave your beloved pet on the side of the road till the council clean it up...

or go and get the rifle from the house and shoot it if needs be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back