You know you are OLD when you can remember........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You remember the Sharkies being in a Grand Final, didn't you tell me that was when they were using a dinosaur as a mascot. Man that's not old that fossilised
I knew that sledge was coming my "OLD" mate.. :lol::lol:

rod stewart on the 8 track in the 71' falcon, having to walk up Bulladealla mountain because the Morris Minor wouldnt make it up the hill with 4 ppl & 4 boards on the roof on the way to Seals Rocks... 'HIGHWAY SURFERS' that used to cruise country towns with surfboards 'bolted' to the roof to pick up the local 'chicks' who just had to have a 'surfie' boyfriend for the day/night...

Banjo, I do remember the septic tank man draining some neighbors tanks, we were connected to sewer but some still weren't. I must confess, we did have a BAD neighbor up the road that didn't like all and he didn't like any of the local kids,so I used to open the septic tank tap and run away and crap and the works used to spill onto his lawn... He was a nasty person though... Needless to say after a while the tight A r s E finally connected to the sewer..

.........Also selling the afternoon Telegraph for 7 cents each after school so that I could earn enough to buy my first push bike.

AAwwwwww that is so cute :D.

My husband seems a bit old fashioned. He calls school bags ports, dresses are frocks, them canvas shoes he calls happy shoes, jumpers are skivvies. He comes up with so many I often think, "Gee I haven't heard anyone called them that for years."

Oh, wasn't it Saint George that had a dinosaur mascot. Big tall green thing

((((Oh, wasn't it Saint George that had a dinosaur mascot. Big tall green thing))))))))

No, it's been that long since the Sharkies were in a Grand Final Scott was tell me they had a LIVE dinosaur as a mascot and he SAW the game.....he is like ancient

Mothers made school uniforms and most other clothes.

You wore your older brothers hand me downs

Buying my first transistor radio aged 18

My brothers XW Falcon WITHOUT a heater, you could get one but it was an optional extra.

Yes, the 40 piston council truck, the sawdust and newspaper....oh how spoilt we are now.

Drive in movies
School Milk & Perkings Paste
Sunny Boys and Glugs
Burning stuff in the incinerator, (at home and school)
We only had two tv chanels. 3, (now 9) and 5a, (abc)

Ha ha I got the cane first day of primary school (maybe 5 years old)

Trucks with hands on the right hand side that signified turning.
Hand up in air left, hand out to the right, turning right.

In Nz we had phones on party line a few phones on the same line our ring was 2 shorts & a long The neighbours was 2 longs & a short Half the time when you wanted to make a call you'd pick the phone up & hear the word buzy * you had to wait till the neighbour hung up
5 one & two cent fizzy lollies for a cent 50 cent mix was a huge amount of lollies, goofy gums were 2 for a cent
TV turned off @ midnight after goodnight kiwi
getting money or a new bullet for every rabbits tail you handed in.
Rothmans ciggies were 51 cents a packet when i 1st tried them
1st yr teachers were grumpy old battleaxes that whipped you into shape unlike today where they are straight out of school themselves
Milk was 4 cents a bottle bought round by a guy who yelled Milko so you knew

I am really glad I started this thread, so many thing that I had forgotten. I guess that's another sign of getting old....

I remember Carless Days (don't know if it hit Australia)....

We were Tuesday and I can't recall which other days we were allowed to use our car.

Didn't last for long though.

EDIT - Goes to show I can't remember these things... It was in NZ only and... We may have been Tuesday but my parents probably lied to me about the other day so they didn't need to take me out... I just read it only occurred for ONE day per week!!!

Hardie Ferrdo 500......read Bathurst 1000 or whatever. The t.v. transmission B&W stopped from between 12 noon and 1pm so the camera crew ect could have lunch.....

post offices closing at lunch time ... 20c to get into the local pool ....pegging playing cards to the spokes on your dragster push bike :)

Wow, I love hearing about how things have changed!! Hearing how people grew up. I'm only 25 but here I go ~ Dos codes to make the commi 64 run and waiting for it to load, Having ACTUAL floppy disks lol (loved ghosts n goblins, henrys house, fire rescue i think it was called) ~ Walking out the door @ the crack of dawn and returning just after dusk ~ Going to the neighbours to check out there atari!! & playing mario on it ~ Taking a note to the corner shop to buy smokes for the parents ~ Actually getting dirty! ~ getting locked in the car if u where a lil **** ~ opting to sit in the car while someone ran into the shop ~ leaving the doors unlocked ~ Mulligrubs, merry melodies, smurfs, snorks, heman, shera, trap door, banana man, roger ramjet, care bears, punkie brewster, inspector gadget, pound puppies, original transformers, henrys cat, Gummi bears, dungeons & dragons, Agro's cartoon connection, Hey hey its saturday (watchin it with the parents every saturday nite & lovin it), funniest home videos was funny!, a country practice, sons & daughters, east street, bay watch, 90210, doug, ahhh real monsters, Eek the cat, Bobby's world, wow ok i could go on all day ~ going to the old couple next door and falling asleep in their bean bag nearly everyday and the cops dont come and question you about what happened while u where there lol ~ Going beach yabbyin with the old man ~ $10 would get you into the movies, with popcorn, drink and you can also go and get pizza hut all u can eat afterwards ~ Thinkin my bro was the coolest when he got his job and got a mobile phone that should have come with a back brace! lol ~ "running" away from home and going across the road to the phone booth and calling mum (coz you had about 10 seconds to speak before it would cut off) ~ Walking to the bus stop without a parent needing to be there ~ Walking any where, day or night and not being scared or your parents stressing too much ~ Bubble'o'bills!! Polly waffles where actually good!, milkos, redskins and spearmints where better, $2 worth of chips for a family of 4 with left overs!, milk bottle lollies, soft drink was a treat (a rare one) Ok i should stop coz i will just keep going on & on & on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back