your herps and travel?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
such dramatics! you don't think i've thought about all that? of course i have, i just don't live life like that and yoda is 'well behaved' and very docile plus i have my hand on him at all times so theres no possible way he could fall. i think almost all of you need to meet Yoda before you can start to judge his personality and behaviors while travelling or in different situations.

if i didn't trust that he would surf nice and quiet on my shirt when hanging out washing or walking around in the backyard, do you actually think i would take him to a public place occasionally? No i wouldn't.

that's seriously funny, where can i get a pair????? but yoda ears?

guys, leave lambert alone, you have no idea about the beardy in question, for all you know, it could like car rides, just because reptiles arent cats and dogs, and dont crave affection, doesnt mean they do not care for it, maybe yoda likes the new environment he is taken into, maybe he enjoys the new scenery, smells and noises, it would be great to have a break from his enclosure he spends all day every day in
if this was one of the more respected members of this site, you guys wouldnt just go nuts, no you would support the idea, but since its a newbie (sort of) you shoot them down and make uneducated accusations, jesus guys, you think lambert is gonna leave this thread thinking "hmm maybe i shouldnt take me bearded dragon out" erm, no lambert will do what feels right, so stop the stupid comments...

guys, leave lambert alone, you have no idea about the beardy in question, for all you know, it could like car rides, just because reptiles arent cats and dogs, and dont crave affection, doesnt mean they do not care for it, maybe yoda likes the new environment he is taken into, maybe he enjoys the new scenery, smells and noises, it would be great to have a break from his enclosure he spends all day every day in
if this was one of the more respected members of this site, you guys wouldnt just go nuts, no you would support the idea, but since its a newbie (sort of) you shoot them down and make uneducated accusations, jesus guys, you think lambert is gonna leave this thread thinking "hmm maybe i shouldnt take me bearded dragon out" erm, no lambert will do what feels right, so stop the stupid comments...

May i ask what is stupid about the fact that what the OP is doing is against the wildlife keeping laws full stop!

Yes it may be irresponsible in some aspects and so on but I think some of you are also completely neglecting the silver lining that is exposing the public to reptiles can in many cases, spark and interest, a desire to own or even just some sort of concern for the well being of the species in question.

I can say from experience that my jungle carpet has converted every single snake-o-phobe that was willing to touch her (albeit not in public)- and even the ones who aren't willing to touch her usually gain quite a lot of interest in her because she is completely the opposite to their expectations.

I honestly think that activities like this which as previously stated, come with negative aspects, can also do quite a lot in stimulating concern for their wild counterparts from members of the public - and that is a very significant positive

Last edited:
1st: Are you old enough to drive yourself??
I am asking this as you posted that you have one (1) hand on him at all times

2nd: Have you considered that the radiating sun coming through the windscreen may be detrimental to your beardy??

May i ask what is stupid about the fact that what the OP is doing is against the wildlife keeping laws full stop!
ok yes, its all personal opinion, so im not going to argue further, i just think some of the things that have been said arent necessary

1st: Are you old enough to drive yourself??
I am asking this as you posted that you have one (1) hand on him at all times

2nd: Have you considered that the radiating sun coming through the windscreen may be detrimental to your beardy??

I have already said I'm not allowed to drive but yes if I could I would be on my full licence and no I would never take my beardie with me if it was just me driving, I'm not that irrisponsible

2. He doesn't sit on the dash and I doubt he ever will coz the dash mat won't get bought and I have my window down so he gets natural uv not filtered

You guys seriously have nothing better to do that pick on a kid whos just getting the "herp bug"? i mean honestly stop being so ****ing precious.

You guys seriously have nothing better to do that pick on a kid whos just getting the "herp bug"? i mean honestly stop being so ****ing precious.

I don't think any of the post was being precious...
1) It was pointed out that it was illegal (minor legallity really) but still should be pointed out and not condoned
2) It can be dangerous for the animal itself...
3) It could be dangerous for wild populations...

These were simply just pointed out to the OP, still up to the individual what they do or don't do with their animals. Obviously Lambert isn't going to change her mind and from the rebutals isn't even listening to the things that might happen if things go wrong....

Can someone please point out how this is dangerous??

Reptile diseases are already in the local reptile population...Fact
Can a small lizard harm a member of the public... No ..Fact
Is it dangerous for the animal.... Very debatable point... Only he can answer that with his carriage methods etc

Now yes it is illegal
But exactly how illegal???

How many of the people blasting this kid then went to have a drag on their grass or had a few more beers before driving home???

Can someone please point out how this is dangerous??

Reptile diseases are already in the local reptile population...Fact
Can a small lizard harm a member of the public... No ..Fact
Is it dangerous for the animal.... Very debatable point... Only he can answer that with his carriage methods etc

Now yes it is illegal
But exactly how illegal???

How many of the people blasting this kid then went to have a drag on their grass or had a few more beers before driving home???
Right on!!! I doubt that anyone here would have ever broken any rules/laws whatsover ever, am I being sarcastic?

thanks guys, all this thread was suppose to be was to see IF anyone else took their herps on car rides/other travels other than the vet, it's turned into a gang up by many and an educational experience on a law that i didn't know about.

Red Ink said:
from the rebutals isn't even listening to the things that might happen if things go wrong...
i think you may react the same if you are being criticized the way i have and judged how i have. i can take constructive and useful criticism but will always disregard anything that puts me down as an owner and handler of my lizard.

Its funny how people only here point to the law, as if they are all angels. Go become a police officer and enforce it then if you are so keen on it. Btw Lambert although i support your point, you are giving the animal feelings and emotions it doesnt have. This is where alot of people make mistakes and cause pain and suffering to the animal at the end.

they may not crave it but but can you see the pained look on a wild lizards face each time you see its injured? it could just be a female thing but when you are brought to the brightest place on earth after being in the depths of the darkest place (asharee would get what i mean) because of your lizard its a bond that nobody can understand...but i get what you mean and thankyou for your support :)

I don't think any of the post was being precious...
1) It was pointed out that it was illegal (minor legallity really) but still should be pointed out and not condoned
2) It can be dangerous for the animal itself...
3) It could be dangerous for wild populations...

These were simply just pointed out to the OP, still up to the individual what they do or don't do with their animals. Obviously Lambert isn't going to change her mind and from the rebutals isn't even listening to the things that might happen if things go wrong....

1) Jaywalking is illegal, whats your point?
2) dangerous for the animal itself? im not following? if your saying transporting the herps is dangers i transport my herps to a herpvet whenever needed and its a 1hour drive.. not to mention picking up herps from airports etc.
3) notsureifserious

What can possibly go wrong? the car has an accident and everyone in the car ends up dead? unlikely. Reptile will catch disease from petshop? again unlikely.

1) Jaywalking is illegal, whats your point?
2) dangerous for the animal itself? im not following? if your saying transporting the herps is dangers i transport my herps to a herpvet whenever needed and its a 1hour drive.. not to mention picking up herps from airports etc.
3) notsureifserious

What can possibly go wrong? the car has an accident and everyone in the car ends up dead? unlikely. Reptile will catch disease from petshop? again unlikely.

1)Jaywalking isn't going to get her animal seized if caught.... I mean that's the whole point isn't that she has a very strong connection with it so why risk it
2) Dangerous....hmm let's see.... would you let anybody and everybody touch your animals, specially in a pet shop situation, I certainly would'nt... don't know what they have in their collection or how clean it is..
3) that was pointed out by eipper

and i also said i don't let people touch him without washing their hands so i would never let anyone in a shop touch him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back