your herps and travel?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1)Jaywalking isn't going to get her animal seized if caught.... I mean that's the whole point isn't that she has a very strong connection with it so why risk it
2) Dangerous....hmm let's see.... would you let anybody and everybody touch your animals, specially in a pet shop situation, I certainly would'nt... don't know what they have in their collection or how clean it is..
3) that was pointed out by eipper

1) i was drawing to your arguement of "its illegal" so what many things are illegal. The chance of her animal being seized is so minute its not even worth mentioning, first she would have to be caught and even if she was she would most likely only receive a warning at worst a fine.
2.) if you bothered to read the topic she said that no one touches the bearded dragon.
3) no it wasnt his response was
"For a myriad of reasons both concerning the welfare of your animal and the wild populations of reptiles surrounding you"
I dont see any reasons there?

I don't mean to belittle your feelings/experiences but if you had been to "the depths of the darkest place" I don't think a beardie could bring you back..... Even a high coloured Vitticeps would have trouble......

Ermmm wow! Thanks for giving me a good laugh I needed it ;)

My bearded dragon runs to me when I call out walkies LMAO

It's a reptile not a cat or dog, I'm sure it's been said in one of the 82 posts already

but I just couldn't be stuffed reading through it all & also I was laughing to hard...

My thoughts exactly.... It's a bit of a silly thread.

I have already said I'm not allowed to drive but yes if I could I would be on my full licence and no I would never take my beardie with me if it was just me driving, I'm not that irrisponsible

2. He doesn't sit on the dash and I doubt he ever will coz the dash mat won't get bought and I have my window down so he gets natural uv not filtered

1. At NO TIME did I suggest you was being irresponsible.....I SIMPLY asked if you were old enough to drive yourself.

2. In one of your original posts you stated that your "mum was going to buy a dash mat for "YODA" to sit on"....that to me suggests that he sits on the dash would be in direct sun light being radiated through the windscreen.

they may not crave it but but can you see the pained look on a wild lizards face each time you see its injured? it could just be a female thing but when you are brought to the brightest place on earth after being in the depths of the darkest place (asharee would get what i mean) because of your lizard its a bond that nobody can understand...but i get what you mean and thankyou for your support :)

LOOL...made me laugh, i really cant say i can see the pained look no. It seems you have bigger problems than any lizard can sort( sorry just being honest) I think a phsyciatrist is the way to go

1. At NO TIME did I suggest you was being irresponsible.....I SIMPLY asked if you were old enough to drive yourself.

2. In one of your original posts you stated that your "mum was going to buy a dash mat for "YODA" to sit on"....that to me suggests that he sits on the dash would be in direct sun light being radiated through the windscreen.

i know you never suggested that i was irrisponsible. i said that because there has been another comment asking whho will drive.
2. yes i did say that but she has recently told me that she's not going to she wants to leave the dash as is.

Exotic_Doc said:
LOOL...made me laugh, i really cant say i can see the pained look no. It seems you have bigger problems than any lizard can sort( sorry just being honest) I think a phsyciatrist is the way to go
ohh its so funny! because you know just what hell i've been dragged through don't you! my beardie has done a better job at helping me than any trucking shrink could. i guess no male could understand this!

I don't mean to belittle your feelings/experiences but if you had been to "the depths of the darkest place" I don't think a beardie could bring you back..... Even a high coloured Vitticeps would have trouble......

you try being unemployed for 6.5yrs, never allowed to drive,never come off meds, never have kids, never be in your dream career choice, live in a town where you know people but don't have friends to catch up with that are your own age coz you never grew up or went to school in the area always have to live with someone because of your freaking learning disabilities!!! try that for 20yrs and see how you go. that's been my life, since i left school,during school and now.

if you think that yoda can't sort my issues out you're wrong, he gave me a reason to get up in the mornings, to go outside and to open my curtains instead of going back to bed. so don't tell me that animals can't heal and they don't have feelings/emotions.

and this thread had a purpose!!!!

Last edited:
I totally agree with you Lambert, animals can heal and they don't need to know or realise they are healing you, they just need to be there. Just because other people don't deal with there problems the same way is no reason to attack her and accuse her of not knowing what depression or problems are, that's just cruel. You don't have any idea what she has been through.

PS: I have a bond with my rat Zeke that no-one on here would probably get either.

There are many cases where Psychiatrists/Psychologists have recommended therapeutic pets over or along side other treatment.

hey all,
now i know the opinions of some who think taking your herp out in public is bad but i honestly couldn't care. yeah people freak out but it's actually a very low percent there's ....................................

How is this even remotely responsible.The way I have interpreted your post I think that you would be much better off getting a dog.

I totally agree with you Lambert, animals can heal and they don't need to know or realise they are healing you, they just need to be there. Just because other people don't deal with there problems the same way is no reason to attack her and accuse her of not knowing what depression or problems are, that's just cruel. You don't have any idea what she has been through.

PS: I have a bond with my rat Zeke that no-one on here would probably get either.

must be a female thing...i've noticed that many guys hate to talk about emotions and would rather put someone down or make fun of them for living for an animal and having a bond that noone could possibly understand until its seen but even then they're too blind to see it.

Dannyboi said:
There are many cases where Psychiatrists/Psychologists have recommended therapeutic pets over or along side other treatment.
yeap they are Pet Therapy: Healing, Recovery and Love ~ Pawprints and Purrs

This myth about reptiles having no emotions has been disproved for centuries

Why keep dragging it up??
One of our chondros climbs straight off its perch onto my girl friends arm most mornings with zero coaxing
One Iguana sulks like crazy if her favourite feeder is not there to feed her
One retic that I am very wary of curls up like a big dog in another girls lap each time she visits

These were just quick examples but many people say exactly the same things
Perhaps we cannot truly describe all reptiles as having exactly human emotions
But most of them have got some small degree

When a reptile is treated as a pet it will usually respond

I've stumbled onto the Oprah Winfrey forum, oh no it's still APS......

Wait a second, i wasnt attacking her or trying to hurt her at all !! I was saying that maybe she should see someone about her problems and get help. I dont understand how that was offensive in any way, millions of people see doctors everday about such problems and i know that alot of doctors recommend animals for therapeutic care. I just meant that she is giving the beardie alot more feelings and emotions than the animal actually has and thats scientific. Read the book Animal Behaviour Edition 3 By David McFarland...It may give you an insight...
Noone is trying to hurt your feelings or whatever, you are giving this animal WAAAAY more emotion than it has whether you like it or not. We are not talking about your bond, ofcourse i understand the bond between humans and animals and i never said it didnt exist. But you are using human feelings and emotions on a reptile that doesnt understand any of that hence why i said seek help( as advise not to put you down). Too true AUSHERP it has turned into an episode of Oprah Winfrey...******* :S

Last edited:
Wait a second, i wasnt attacking her or trying to hurt her at all !! I was saying that maybe she should see someone about her problems and get help. I dont understand how that was offensive in any way, millions of people see doctors everday about such problems and i know that alot of doctors recommend animals for therapeutic care. I just meant that she is giving the beardie alot more feelings and emotions than the animal actually has and thats scientific. Read the book Animal Behaviour Edition 3 By David McFarland...It may give you an insight...
Noone is trying to hurt your feelings or whatever, you are giving this animal WAAAAY more emotion than it has whether you like it or not. We are not talking about your bond, ofcourse i understand the bond between humans and animals and i never said it didnt exist. But you are using human feelings and emotions on a reptile that doesnt understand any of that hence why i said seek help( as advise not to put you down). Too true AUSHERP it has turned into an episode of Oprah Winfrey...******* :S

It doesn't matter if she is or isn't imagining the beardies emotions, it is happy and healthy, she is happy and so that is all that matters really. My friend used to always tell me not to get a pet rat because they don't live long but they are so cool that I will regret ever getting one. I thought it couldn't really be like owning a dog or cat. Then I got my rat and all I can say is he was right, I was wrong. When my rat comes and lies in front of me belly up to get patted, or snuggles into my neck and goes to sleep it is still amazing to me, something that small and defenseless has that much trust for a human and I do regret ever getting him because I will be heartbroken when he dies. Maybe it is just normal rat behaviour, or maybe he actually has emotions, who knows and who cares, there is still a bond between us.

It doesn't matter if she is or isn't imagining the beardies emotions, it is happy and healthy, she is happy and so that is all that matters really. My friend used to always tell me not to get a pet rat because they don't live long but they are so cool that I will regret ever getting one. I thought it couldn't really be like owning a dog or cat. Then I got my rat and all I can say is he was right, I was wrong. When my rat comes and lies in front of me belly up to get patted, or snuggles into my neck and goes to sleep it is still amazing to me, something that small and defenseless has that much trust for a human and I do regret ever getting him because I will be heartbroken when he dies. Maybe it is just normal rat behaviour, or maybe he actually has emotions, who knows and who cares, there is still a bond between us.

Alot of animals suffer because the owner puts emotions that the animal doesnt have into them nuff said

Fair enough but it doesn't sound like her beardie is suffering and my rat definitely isn't suffering.

That might be the case, but i was saying the point in general.. As more emotions and feelings are given to the animal, the worst off it will get. That is why i tried explaining to her that these emotions dont exist to a reptile, for the better of the animal not to give her a psych session...

How have you possitively proven that reptiles dont have emotions???

We show on a daily basis that they do have
Please explain how you have proven that they dont??

Your telling me that you believe the dragon 'gets phsyched' when he 'knows' he is going to be taken for a car ride?
I didnt say they dont have emotions at all, just that some emotions and feelings that do not exist in reptiles are being attributed to the dragon. I will go through the whole thread later and pull out more of the examples such as the one i gave you here...If you believe it, explain to me how they get psyched as every single animal behaviour book i have ever read never mentioned such behaviour...Dont forget this is not mating we are taking about but a car ride...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back