Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ad are we the only 1's that believe those 1st pics were photo shopped?
I thought it was pretty obvious as seen by the yellow coloration in the background.

I seem to recall someone making the point in another thread that it's useless to try and introduce logical arguments about genetics into an APS debate. I peed myself laughing then and I am doing so again.

Let's just nod and smile politely to the teenagers with their wealth of knowledge of dog breeding. One day when they're all grown up they'll realise how foolish they appeared and have a good cringe.

Quote"" the more I believe Australian breeders are miles in front of the rest of the world.""
Wow a rather pompous comment!!

As for the DiamondXJungles (that's a cross by the way not hybrids) nice enough looking critters and I've seen some that are just unbelievable looking animals much like the one in this thread is really nice looking http://74.220.207.106/~moreliap/forums/showthread.php?t=18451
one of mine that I feel is rather nice looking.
DSC02307.jpg

Hey I can understand not liking crosses or the way an animal looks but is there any reason to be so insulting?? Some people take this stuff way to seriously.. Randy

Goed Morhen Mark, nice crosses............but over here it is generally frowned upon and as previously stated, illegal in most states to cross species of animals or breed animals with genetic defects such as albino's etc.

Glad they are in the Netherlands but i think you have some nice animals there.

Cheers.

Simone.

Fossilman, it does not help arguing with people on a forum. I remember the years when diamonds were impossible to keep alive in overseas collections. About 20 or so years ago . Animals with mixed ancestry seemed to live longer. Australians seem to think that the rest of the world does not have access to pure australian animals. How did Paul Harris end up with Darwin pythons and murray Darling Pythons. How did albino Carpet pythons end up in europe? And these albinos are 6 years old at the moment? They must have gotten there even before they were released to the general public in Australia? But keep reading the threads on this forum. No doubt the same people that are badgering you will be drooling, when the evil overseas people start breeding all the magnificent morphs that can be made by having an albino in an overseas collection. Albino Jags, Albino tigers jags, albino reduced pattern irian Jaya jags, albino zebra jags, albino granite carpets but just to name a few. Australia ahead of the rest of the world? I dont think so.

i hear what the people are saying about the x breeds, i rather pure blood myself, but as far as x breeds go, these look ok, i have seen a lot worse........diamond and bredli make a good x breed aswell.......like a really awsome looking costal or darwin. good work, if the price was right i would get 1, i like it becasue they are different.

this thread has turned into a bit of a joke, let sunrise post his pictures, like them or leavethem. if you want to have yet another predictable thread about hybrids that never seem to lead anywhere anyway start a new thread, its always the same thing with hybids, its always the same things being said and i think somebody should be able to post a pictures of there animals with out copping the same old comments.

Everyone make babies with monkeys or your children will have cancer! :shock:

LOL Good one. You see? intelligent people can make comment and put the point across with out insults, fights and name calling.

Well done sadaji.:D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I seem to recall someone making the point in another thread that it's useless to try and introduce logical arguments about genetics into an APS debate. I peed myself laughing then and I am doing so again.

Let's just nod and smile politely to the teenagers with their wealth of knowledge of dog breeding. One day when they're all grown up they'll realise how foolish they appeared and have a good cringe.

So wise so bright so superior.
I love people who feel that way about them self:)

This site have so many members it is normal to get some stupid posts in forum.
This will happen on this site a lot.
Some small sites with 15 posts per week and half of them posted by moderators don't have this problems.

Anyway there is lot of quality people posting here and like any large internet community, you should be smart enough to read mainly quality posts.

At least here on APS they are posts to read. :lol:

It's such a shame when people can't even have a decent debate about the for's and against of any topic without throwing in childish and immature remarks!
Rather than condoning this behaviour shouldn't the Mods of this site be encouraging members to argue in a civil and diplomatic manner? There's always someone that's gotta start with stupid name-calling or insulting a person's existence rather than just "debating" about the issue at hand! :rolleyes:

I have been working on a line of hybrids containing all australian snake for some time now. I predict they will live a gazillion times longer than natural snakes and it is my personal opinion that they are the best of all hybrids.

The pic is a hatchy I got this season

Attachments

• Crap1.jpg
    Crap1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 35
Yes i did, that's how it was so easy for me to determine the fact that you are an idiot. You do realise that dog = one species, snake = thousands of different species right?

ironic, we are talking about jungles and diamonds, 1 species. not a good argument mrb, and therefore not good logic in determining someone to be an idiot

ironic, we are talking about jungles and diamonds, 1 species. not a good argument mrb, and therefore not good logic in determining someone to be an idiot

That comment was made because Fossilman was comparing dogs to hybridising in snakes. The point still stands, you cannot compare dogs to snakes because snakes are thousands of species and dogs are one species.

These threads are funny when they run overnight, insomnia must do strange things to late night posters :)

Still, at least MrBredli could find his soapbox in the dark :)

And now for something completely different, an intelligent post:

State legislation's across Australia prohibits and/or greatly discourages the creation of species/subspecies hybrids and given the timeframe to make even the most basic changes to any herpetoculture licensing system, I doubt that will change in the foreseeable future. There are, however, little to no penalties associated with creating these hybrids. In NSW one simply has to put a Diamond and a Jungle on their license as "Carpet Complex (Morelia Spilota)" and they can continue to breed crosses that will be listed as "Carpet Complex".

The hybrid market in the US became strong due to large breeders line breeding crosses and like to produce pythons that many would consider to be spectacular in looks. I don't consider myself omniscient, however I do not believe there are many Australian breeders going down that path. Therefore IF the hybrid market opens up in Australia it will be a long way off and there will be great resistance from local legislators and the Australian herpetoculture community.

The hybrid market in the US became strong due to large breeders line breeding crosses and like to produce pythons that many would consider to be spectacular in looks. I don't consider myself omniscient, however I do not believe there are many Australian breeders going down that path. Therefore IF the hybrid market opens up in Australia it will be a long way off and there will be great resistance from local legislators and the Australian herpetoculture community.

Thank goodness for that. Have you got links to this legislation?

Ad, why are you suggesting that I'm using photoshop? Based on what? The colours are even better in real than showed on the pics. I'm only trying to get them as close to real as possible. Do you really need that accusation? Or are you just jealous! Many people came by here and everybody is free to visit me and judge for them selves. So if you are in the area.......

Cheers Mark

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Please.

Even if it is illegal to cross-breed different species, which it may be, I don't know, it doesn't matter in this case because jungles and diamonds are the same species, just a different subspecies. I haven't really made up my mind about this but surely it would give the progeny a wider gene pool and therefore make them more resiliant to disease? Nice looking animals, anyway.

Haha i knew someone would ask. Its called "hybrid vigour", google it ;)

Crossbred animals from any species usually have healthier genetics than purebreds. Its because purebreds are basically inbred and so they only have genetics from a very small gene pool.

A snake breeder who breeds purebreds does this for one reason, to produce a breed which "breeds true" and conforms to a "breed standard", These animals come from a "good bloodline" - that is one that is inbred so it has as many of characteristics that the breeder regards as desirable. Sadly with snakes its mostly all about looks, not neccesarily health.

Unfortunately this search for perfection and uniformity comes at a cost- The health of the animal. I cant explain this without typing a whole page so ill give an example.

Dogs for example, Its well known that a "mutt" or crossbred dog will probably be more hardy then a purebred . Purebred dogs die earlier and devolop far more tumours and cancers then mutts and are often less intelligent. Golden retrievers have bad hip problems and beagles have epilepsy, all this is a result of inbreeding the dog to keep the "purebred bloodline". Crossbreds are the basis of all farm animals because well they are basically superior to purebreds...

If you want me to i could go into detail about the genetics of purebreds and crossbreds and why crossbreds are healthier , im learning this stuff at uni so i like talking about it anyway lol :)

I think you have a lot more to learn at uni Fossil. I would like to see your statistics on cross breds being healthier to pure breds. I have worked with canines for over 15 years and I can tell you hybrid vigour does nothing at all. Labradoodles still have hip dysplasia, cross poodles and maltese still have luxating patella. They suffer exactly the same problems as pure breds, the only difference is at least those of us who do breed "pure" are working on eradicating heridity problems, working closely with various Unis and genetisists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back