Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you start thinking of getting snake skin themed -everything-

And when your new scarf actually makes you get colder :D

You know you're a herper when you start harvesting(6months in advance) as many card board boxes from work as you can to use as disposable hides for hatchies.

You know you're a herper when you actually consider breeding and cleaning/feeding a large number of rodents, and then actually do it.

You definately know your a hepraholic when it is more important to have a list of names for new reps then it is for the arrival of a new baby.

And also when your 5 year old tells you he had a dream his coastals(who are due to lay) hatch out a whole clutch of womas for him.lol.

You know your a herper when your partner and friends complain that they can't put anything in the freezer due to all the dead rats, mice, day old chickens and chicken necks.

You know your a herper when you get a strange look, when your at a mates place and tell them that one of their rooms is perfect for snakes.

Last edited:
You know your a herper when you would happily feed your 15yr old daughter to a scrubbie...........if you had one big enough............

You know your a herper when you would happily feed your 15yr old daughter to a scrubbie...........if you had one big enough............

Uh oh... I had those thoughts about my kids even before we had reptiles...

"Knock it off before I take you to the zoo and feed you to something!"

You know you're a herper when you've got the scars to prove it.

Wait wait! I got a better one! I am sure you all do it too! You know your a herper when every time you see ANY box like shape, whether it is a cupboard, cabinet, anything, you straight away think, Hey, i could make that an enclosure.
:D:D:D

very much so!!!!

Even at the markets every Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys found an old thread and thought we should start it up again so

here's one of mine

You know when your a herper when you cant even see the walls of your bedroom because it's full of enclosures

U mean I (Lewy) found this old thread lol

I no that I'm a herper when i argue with my mates about how a snake has more rights than them:lol:

You know you're a herper when you find yourself driving around sticks on the road 'just in case'.

Or stopping on the side of the road cause you thought there was movement in the grass ........:).......OR WHEN ANYONE IN TOWN SEE,S YOU AND ONLY TALKS SNAKES with you ,and their experiences or myths and "what do you think?"questions....

You know you're a herper when...

You're doing a project on BHP Billiton and all you can think about are actual BHP's

Is your daughter that small?

Maybe just feed her to a BHP then...

you know your a herper when

- you know herp stands for herpetology and not lumps and bumps down there
this is a funny one at work when im always on sites like 'herp trader'
- you get weird looks from people on the train when your on the phone to your partner asking him to defrost some rats for the babies
- you give people a lecture when they tell you to use about parasites when then tell you to catch bugs from the wild
-when you ask your mum ‘instead of buying me a car can I have $5000 cash to buy a snake’, and you think it is totally normal to spend that amount of money on one
- when you read everyones post in this thread you said to yourself 'i do that'

Well, after reading everyones posts i can say " I do that". Now i feel like i should say

Hi everyone, my name is Excalibur.............. and im a herpaholic.

and PROUD of it!!

you know your a herper, when your whole bedroom wall is covered in posters :lol:

You know your a herper....

....when you had to take down some old posters of non herp junk to fit all your herp posters up there.

.... when your friend sends you a message saying they saw a reptile and you bombard them with questions such as size, habitat and diagnostic features.

...when you carry more than one compression bandage in your car, a camera and a copy of wilson and swan.

....when you beg the driver to pull over and check out that rocky outcrop.

..... when you go to put something in the freezor yet there's no room cause its full of rats

..... when in Coles you see chicken wings on special for $1.99 and think "hmmmm my blackheads would love some chicken"

..... when ya best mate invites you to a awesome party yet you reply "sorry i have to feed the rats tonight"

..... before taking someone home from the pub/club you have to ask "sooooo you dont mind snakes do ya??"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back