Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, they are not 100% but thought to have originated in North West NSW.

ah cool im not alone then. does your like to spend all day behind it ??
no not alone ours done it (clammbered up top) until she got to fat to fit up there!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

but anyway heres our lil girl

Attachments

• PC140012.jpg
    PC140012.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 140
My spotted on eggs

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Spotted on eggs.jpg
    Spotted on eggs.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Spotted Hatching.jpg
    Spotted Hatching.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Spotted hatchy.jpg
    Spotted hatchy.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 111
Broome freshly shed

Attachments

• noob3.jpg
    noob3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 179
  • noob5.jpg
    noob5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 138
  • noob4.jpg
    noob4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 148
here's some of our pinstripes, and our hypo girl. the nicest ones are pinstripe siblings. the pinstripe siblings in the 5th pic, still have the typical chocolate colour of a pinstripe. note the girl in the first pic has one blue eye.

Attachments

• blue-eye velvet.jpg
    blue-eye velvet.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 217
  • hypo girl.jpg
    hypo girl.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 135
  • hypo girl and sibling.jpg
    hypo girl and sibling.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 162
  • pinstripe and red.jpg
    pinstripe and red.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 170
  • pinstripe siblings.jpg
    pinstripe siblings.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Really cool pics zoolander. Do you breed them?

should be the first year with the hypo girl, the pinstripes we have been producing for three years and this year will be the first time our bred ones should produce. we shall try pinstripe to pinstripe, but the siblings, which obviously have some influence, are hot.

zoolander, nice snakes....
you bred the pinstripe to a normal?
what are the results of that breeding in terms of getting pinstripe hatchlings?
will be really interesting to find out more when you breed from both pinstripe parents.....
cheers

striped stimson
up for sale , make an offer. pm me

Attachments

• P9160036.jpg
    P9160036.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 219
Zoolander
Can you please tell me why you are calling one of those Stimsons a hypo Stimsons?
I ask this simply because it appears typical of many specimens I have seen and I am not aware of this species having black pigment in the first place therefore question your assumption that this reptile qualifies the use of the term hypo.

Please remember that I am not attacking you or your reptile, instead I am just questioning your reasoning.

Regards Dave

Hey zoolander what sort of coin will you sell them for if you dont mind me asking. dont reply if your not comfortable

SANY0737450x600.jpg

SANY0720600x450.jpg

P1050588600x450.jpg

SANY0690600x450.jpg

female1blonde600x450.jpg

P1050563600x450.jpg

some more pics to add to this thread:)

Zoolander
Can you please tell me why you are calling one of those Stimsons a hypo Stimsons?
I ask this simply because it appears typical of many specimens I have seen and I am not aware of this species having black pigment in the first place therefore question your assumption that this reptile qualifies the use of the term hypo.

is this the same pilbara pythons that was calling a slightly dark woma, a 'super hyper melanistic'. kiwi's spend 6 years in kindergarten and then want to argue technicalities. these wheeleri are accepted as 'hypos' in the trade, but technically, as wheeleri don't have black pigment in the first place, they are not hypomelanistic. they are however hypo ( whatever the pigment is that is reduced ). clearly the snake pictured has reduced pigment of some sort, and i'd say this qualifies it as a 'hypo'.

(these wheeleri were bred recently in the US.)

Attachments

• hypowheeleri.jpg
    hypowheeleri.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Zoolander

Please remember that I am not attacking you or your reptile, instead I am just questioning your reasoning.

Regards Dave

hey dave, hypo is a prefix meaning 'reduced' or 'less' or 'low', an animal does not have to have black in it to have reduced pigment. check your notes from Latin 101.

these wheeleri are accepted as 'hypos' in the trade, but technically, as wheeleri don't have black pigment in the first place, they are not hypomelanistic.

Yes, they would be. Melanin = black & dark brown.

hey dave, hypo is a prefix meaning 'reduced' or 'less' or 'low', an animal does not have to have black in it to have reduced pigment. check your notes from Latin 101.

You're right, an animal doesn't have to have reduced black pigment to be called a hypo. It is commonplace for aussie reptile keepers at least to refer to hypomelanistic animals as simply "hypo," however so PilbaraPythons has clearly assumed that's what the person is meaning.

At the risk of sparking/continuing O/T debate, I don't see anything up there that looks hypo (melanistic or anything else for that matter). The pins look very nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back