Paradox Albino Darwin Carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi dylan..the photos are already posted by morphed,thay include when thayhatched12010 and three weeks ago.
l have new one on mag dated 2012,but dont know how to down size for up loading to this furum.l need morphed for that.

hi dylan..the photos are already posted by morphed,thay include when thayhatched12010 and three weeks ago.
l have new one on mag dated 2012,but dont know how to down size for up loading to this furum.l need morphed for that.
Upload them to Photobucket then copy and paste the img code into here

i also hatched a paradox out during 2010 from a albino male to a normal it was the only one out of 16 hatchlings that showed this trait and i have kept her back as you can understand, i have bred the male albino back to the same mother and the eggs are due to hatch on 24.1.12 so fingers crossed ?.
the thing i find amazing about my paradox is that the scales that were white have now turned yellow just like you would see in a pure albino as it grows, my girl has one eye that looks more like a albinos eye and the other looks normal will be great to see how similar they grow up compaired to my girl.
and i agree that photos do not show the true colours

Attachments

• DSC00965.jpg
    DSC00965.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
Spotlight, that looks more like a Calico than a Paradox to me.

Spotlight, that looks more like a Calico than a Paradox to me.

I agree with boa, doesnt look like a paradox to me.

Dave Barker claims that paradox albinos are a genetic, "chimera." What he means by this is that the paradox albinos are both het for albinos and albinos at the same time as far as phenotype goes. When it comes to breeding some produce like hets and others produce like albinos. At this time all the paradox albinos that I know of have been produced by het to het or albino to het pairings. There are no albino x albino pairings that produce paradox because the het component is not present and will not show up if the paradox condition is present.

so what do you think she is a Calico? , she was produced from a albino male and a normal non het female ?, with the yellow starting to show now she definatly has albino in her makeup.

No problem. Basically a calico is an animal that has an almost washed out appearance and has patches of pink or white over it's body. They don't display any of the albino traits such as a pink tongue and eyes.
A paradox is an albino which has patches of black on it's body, paradox literally means contradiction, an albino shouldn't be able to produce any melanin but they still do.
I actually prefer the look of the calico especially as they get older.

Thanks boa,what is the main diff between the two (paradox and calico) ?

She has no real albino characteristics, the colouring definitely screams calico to me, it is as if the wild type colouring has been rubbed off leaving patches of the base colour . I hope that makes sense ? LOL.

so what do you think she is a Calico? , she was produced from a albino male and a normal non het female ?, with the yellow starting to show now she definatly has albino in her makeup.

thankyou for the info on paradox/calico boa, so the fact that her white patches are turning more yellow with every shed and the one eye that has almost an albino look to it except for dark iris still falls into the calico basket? would be great to put a name to her finally.

thankyou for the info on paradox/calico boa, so the fact that her white patches are turning more yellow with every shed and the one eye that has almost an albino look to it except for dark iris still falls into the calico basket? would be great to put a name to her finally.

I agree with Boa, not a paradox albino. She could be a Calico... it would be useful to see some progression images of her now though.

I agree with Boa, not a paradox albino. She could be a Calico... it would be useful to see some progression images of her now though.

will take few more of her this week and submit, the main problem is the coulours just dont show up on camera as everyone with albinos know.
she looks better and better with every shed

Yes definitely calico in my opinion. The colour change from white to yellow would just be a normal change as the snake ages.

very hard to say spotlight it may well be paradox but doesnt look like any Ive seen before as all have basically been mainly albino with the black sections the normal darwin genetic material showing through..

In the dave barker quote I posted above most seem to be from het albino x het albino or albino x het albino.

this one being from albino x normal
If its a paradox I would guess its a "paradox het albino" with any yellow showing through the albino genetic material? but it may well be a calico as suggested.

It may be calico but it may also be a new mutation. Calico just mean random patches of colour for example a marbled childrens could be called calico. Its hard to put a lable on a mutation before mode of inheretance is proven and with an animal like that it would be hard to pinpoint. In the end if it proves out just name it what you want.

sorry for taking over your thread Morphed and Marrakai, i was just interested in the fact that other snakes like the girl i hatched out were around good luck in the future guys.
ill put up some newer photos during the week of my paradox/calico or what ever she is ???.

thay were breed from het to het ,the three on post are from same clutch,do you get calicos from albinos.

photo shopped to hide were l live,the animals are real
The third shot is a classic. It can't get any worse - the photoshopping I mean.

snakes are real shopping to hide were l live.
The third shot is a classic. It can't get any worse - the photoshopping I mean.

nature has away of upsetting the exports.
i didnt think paradox was an inheritable gene just a random mutation that cant be passed?

snake was in shed mode,you get that
LOl that 3rd pic looks like the snake has mould growing on it

l live remot ,the photo showed news paper easy to find were l live,there are poeple who would do us harm to get this snake
Don't be so tight and buy a subscription.How would anything taken in the original pics give away the location they are kept at unless of course an address was written on the substrate?

Last edited:
photo shopped to hide were l live,the animals are real
snakes are real shopping to hide were l live.

Good on you marrakay for explaining it. The photoshopping was obvious and always raise suspicions. I trust you understand.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back