Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He meant he is not actually allowed to spend money on reptiles, not that you can't buy reptiles there.

Last edited by a moderator:
really you can't buy reptiles at the VHS expo this year? Because I handled and bought reptiles last year.

I plan on looking and possibly handling but I have put a self imposed ban on myself. I don't have any room for quarantine in my flat at the moment. :(

I'm sooo super excited about it:)
I was going to be saving, but a little birdy told me that my parents got a huge tax return because of our joint property, so they're giving my sister and I $3000 each. Also, we'll be moving probably around April, so I've told my sister I'm getting whatever I damn well want to, and she can suck it up for a couple of months because I'm not waiting another year :D

You can all count yourselves lucky. SA don't have any reptile expos :(
At least my bank balance won't suffer !

I plan on looking and possibly handling but I have put a self imposed ban on myself. I don't have any room for quarantine in my flat at the moment. :(
Looking is fine but dont handle, We never let any reptiles we have for sale be molested by anyone! You mention quarantine in your post, applying it to any expo in regards to playing with snakes from various sellers should also apply!

Expos are great things BUT there should NOT be any handling of stock by anyone other than the owners of such critters!

Looking is fine but dont handle, We never let any reptiles we have for sale be molested by anyone! You mention quarantine in your post, applying it to any expo in regards to playing with snakes from various sellers should also apply!

Expos are great things BUT there should NOT be any handling of stock by anyone other than the owners of such critters!

you know what that is a very fair comment. Totally changed my mind n handling reps this year.

I am also going I hope it will be better then last year just saying :) Who would like to meet up for a beer or 2 after?

Sorry I'm 13 hahaha.
It is expected to be twice as big and twice as impressive as last year. I must agree with you I'm also hopping it will be better even though there was nothing wrong with it last year.

I had heard a few people saying they had handled reptiles at the expos. I was curious about it and thought it would be a good way to weed out sellers. I am just beginning a first hand experience of carry out quarantine, as I brought home a new hatchy a few weeks ago.

I did last year but stimigex changed my mind on doing so this year. Besides that last year I got a bite from a jungle python.

Last edited:
I am flying over....Missed the last 3, but already got tickets booked and paid for. Catching up with a few friends again. Won't be bringing any Tassie specimens over though.

I'll be there, and I'm not hard to pick out of a crowd with the big piercings and tattoos, if you see me say hi, I might just be nice to people :p

Hahaha. Hey do they except Visa cards at the expo? Because if they do I might send a bit more then $500 there.

Hahaha. Hey do they except Visa cards at the expo? Because if they do I might send a bit more then $500 there.

Lucky guy ! When I was 13 I doubt I even knew what a Visa was, & here you are with one at your disposal.

Yeh I got a prepaid Visa card with $150 on it from my brother and his wife for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back