Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i also had about 4 people marzzy say 'wheres all the
frogs' my reply was, 'not sure, dosen bother
me, frogs creep me out, so dont pay attention to them' hahah they didnt expect that response.

What a gorgeous little guy!

Our Spotty girl was a perpetual striking machine the first couple of times we visited her at the breeders place, but from the day she came home she has been an angel. We handled her on Day 2, fed her on Day 4. She has not even looked like biting, despite going through a bad shed recently....She handled fine all the way through.

Don't be too worried about being a bit cranky.....From what I hear and have observed they grow out of it quickly if looked after and handled properly. We were blessed with our girl as we were fully expecting a few months of getting the odd snap but none thus far. Hope I can say the same about the Jungle in a few months time...LOL

I have hope for him, he is settling with time, we have only had him three weeks and I am noticing him "striking a pose" less and less (although he still does it a bit).. he seems to calm down a few minutes after being out, we try to handle him every day for a little while and make sure when he goes back he is still happy. :) I am sure mine will settle, now yours - haha, that's to be determined ;) only time will tell hey?

Last edited:
Yeah i also had about 4 people marzzy say 'wheres all the
frogs' my reply was, 'not sure, dosen bother
me, frogs creep me out, so dont pay attention to them' hahah they didnt expect that response.

Did you have any rude people ?surprisingly I only had one...

I had alot of people coming around the back of the store, and they were getting a little rude once i asked them to move back out haha
also people were rude about me asking them not to take photos with flash right up close to my gtp.

I had alot of people coming around the back of the store, and they were getting a little rude once i asked them to move back out haha
also people were rude about me asking them not to take photos with flash right up close to my gtp.

Yeah I found a lot of people didn't like being told don't do that lol. Didn't see many gtps can't believe snake ranch had them for $1000 what did you think of them ? Where was your GTP ?

The ones at snake ranch were awsome.
mine was at the snake farmer store

here are some pics of click clacks i made up yesterday,and the littlies i got on sun...the female wouldnt hold still for the camera lololol

Attachments

• female click clack.jpg
    female click clack.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 160
  • female Darwin.jpg
    female Darwin.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 148
  • male click clack.jpg
    male click clack.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 154
  • male darwin.jpg
    male darwin.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey jacorin, those hides you have in the click clacks look identical to the 1s i bought on Sunday from reptile direct, i also got the 1 in this pic that the queen has decided to bask on, beautiful lil snakey m8 you will deff have to keep the pics coming on those 2....................................Ron

Attachments

• 20130320_013525.jpg
    20130320_013525.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 137
hey ron, yeh the one in the fem click clack is too big,pain in the rear trying to get it in under the timber and not scrunching the paper,went to 4 shops around here yesterday and none had anything i could use,all had very little in rep accessories

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a small box or a plastic pot plant pot cut down to size with a hole cut in the side for acess?

yeh i was thinking along those lines as well Umbral,so will have to get to hardware store for a look........ on another note,was talking to a friend of mine yesterday,who has been talking to ppl about the expo,he said,not one person has said anything good about it so far,they all whinged about something wrong with it. i said i thought it was pretty good,for the small amount of time i was there to look around(only got an hr)

yeh i was thinking along those lines as well Umbral,so will have to get to hardware store for a look........ on another note,was talking to a friend of mine yesterday,who has been talking to ppl about the expo,he said,not one person has said anything good about it so far,they all whinged about something wrong with it. i said i thought it was pretty good,for the small amount of time i was there to look around(only got an hr)

I was there 40 mins before opening and left at around 2pm.

We had a great time and found the layout and venue to be very good with plenty of room to move around the general area. By mid morning the crowd did build and it did become difficult to 'hop' between stands to look at/compare different specimens to decide on purchasing without having to wait for some time to get in to what you wanted to look at. Sometimes we felt frustrated that we were trying to look at things with a genuine interest to buy, but were not able to do so due to people who appeared to have no interest other than to be just 'looking' - that is just life unfortunately!

There will never really be an answer or solution to this - Crowds are inevitable. The venue was laid out well and able to cope with the numbers that entered the building. It was frustrating but just part of what the show is about. To survive and grow, SOFAR need the numbers to pay the bills and keep it running. Without the general onlookers we might not have an expo...and many enthusiasts were once one of these onlookers.

We had a ball and have told everybody likewise. We will be back next year.

Well done SOFAR.

Was a great day , I didn't stop all day I was lucky enough to nearly sell out of everthing got to chat with my mate Mangus aka Aleks , tryed to get around and have a look at everthing through the day but man it was busy ,, still kicking myself that I didn't end up buying one of fishheads aka Steve's awesome jungle jags still might have to ask the wife nicely if I can get one .... Big thanks to all the team at sofar my 3rd show with them and every year just keeps getting better will be back again next year

They were very nice not sure if he sold many but they were defiantly nice I still haven't persuaded myself that jags are ok but dam those were making it easier.

I did not find the crowd at the SOFAR expo too bad at all, was a lil bit frustrating driving my scooter into position to see some of the hatchies but i just took it in my stride (so to speak lol) and put that particular stand in my lil note pad to come back to later when the crowd thinned out a bit, the most frustrating thing was the kid with the digital camera that insisted on taking 10 pics of every snake on the stands, i finally had to say something to him when he actually climbed over the front of my scooter (pulling my oxygen lead out) and getting between me and the snakes to take some more pics, his dad did not like me saying anything and said come on mate he is only an excited kid. Other than that it was a fantastic day, "WELL DONE SOFAR" i will be back.............................Ron

Ron, I now realised what you ment of you being in your scooter Ahaha, I thought you ment thAt you were driving your scooter to the venue hah silly me but I saw you there, but if I known it was you I would of spoken to you.
riley

I remember going on a field trip to Frying Pan Creek with the guys and gals in SOFAR many years ago and it was fantastic. I remember our half blind driver running over a couple of stephens banded snakes so we insisted someone else (Bob I think) took over the driving ha ha. The group was only in its infancy then but a fantastic bunch and I can imagine their shows are great..Is Brad still involved, are you on here Brad, if so, gday mate...Darren.

I forgot to mention......

The lovely lady who had the stand with the plaster-cast figurines that the kids could paint.......You saved the day for us!!

Our 6 year old daughter tired of reptiles relatively quickly and we needed something to keep her from driving us insane. Popped this lady a few $$ for some plaster figurines and our girl sat and painted joyfully for quite a while. We just checked on her every 10 mins or so as we circulated the stands. Gave her the stimulation to break up the boredom, and gave us a chance to re-visit many stands without the kids (our eldest boy kept himself entertained) and get a good look and discuss different snakes together - something I reckon is important when the wife needs to be on-board with any purchases.

This was great for us.....Was good to see something to divert the attention of kids who might not be that interested in the reptiles while their parents drool and slobber over what was on offer! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back