Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiosity, any one get any good photos of the gtp at 'snake farmer' stand,

My good wife fell in love with a nice little Cape York Jungle which I swear she must have looked at 40 of the buggers before picking the 'prettiest one' LOL

Glad she fell in love with it....Means I don't have to justify another snake to her if she falls in love with it and picks it herself!!

It is home in its enclosure and surprisingly calm given the big day it had and the car trip back home.

Yeah I like the green tree python but for $2 500 not even goin to think about buying it aha

I quite enjoyed myself there, one of the best days ive had this year. I got a fair few photo's that i'll pop up sometime (cant do it right now) the jungle jags were sooo awesome, i really wanted one but no money, plus the tubs i have are'nt fully set up yet. Finally saw some albino's in the flesh including snake ranch's albino spotted. That spencers monitor was cool aswell. I think i may have seen mungus, were u the one with lots of albino's and hets across from the jewellery store? and sezzzz i think i may have seen u to. :)
The only thing i bought today was some purachips aspen bedding.

Hi guys just got back from setting up enclosure for a pair of knobbys and thickys not bad price to if you ask me will be posting pics on here when got more time

well i have stuffed right up.....brought home 2 snakes and didnt have their tubs organised...i know i had thermostat and thermometer and heatmat...... now i cant find anything....... im an idiot

I quite enjoyed myself there, one of the best days ive had this year. I got a fair few photo's that i'll pop up sometime (cant do it right now) the jungle jags were sooo awesome, i really wanted one but no money, plus the tubs i have are'nt fully set up yet. Finally saw some albino's in the flesh including snake ranch's albino spotted. That spencers monitor was cool aswell. I think i may have seen mungus, were u the one with lots of albino's and hets across from the jewellery store? and sezzzz i think i may have seen u to. :)
The only thing i bought today was some purachips aspen bedding.

Yep that was me !
You should have come and said hello :)
had a great time, but didnt get a chance to look around :(
Was to busy !!
great expo again, congrats to all the Sofar Crew.
Geting better and better each year :D

i met mungus :p i did think of something on the way home(though i didnt get there till about 7.30pm lol) it was about feed records...did you have any for these worms aleks???

i met mungus :p i did think of something on the way home(though i didnt get there till about 7.30pm lol) it was about feed records...did you have any for these worms aleks???

Were you talking to Steven ? Near the displays ?

It was a great day, got a Bluey female - 2yrs, won the auction for the second BHP (currently in shed but could see the potential ;)).
It was a good day :)
Loved the price of all the Nephrurus Gecko's, was so close to buying some as the price was so cheap but decided against it because I have literally no room left.
There was an adult AHD there which I decided not to get and thought about it, went back to grab it and it was gone.

Great looking animals, all were so healthy except one stand which was selling some not so good animals.... But over all, thank you SOFAR and the people that bought some excellent looking animals. Which I had of taken a few grand and walked out with all of the expo inhabitants ;)

Well, what can i say, i had 1 of the best weekends i can remember, met up with Rob (Bart70) and his beautiful family on the Saturday at the Australian Reptile Park, we had a ball there although i was a bit dissapointed with the Ven show and the flippant attitude of the 2 guys that were doing it and their rude comments made to me after the show when i asked the younger 1 if he was George Cann's grandson (George Cann the snake man of La Parouse) as he said during the show he did the reptile show at La Parouse, other than that it was 1 of the best days ever until i got to the Reptile Expo. Now i have never been to many Reptile Expo's but if the SOFAR 1 was the benchmark they would have to be pretty good, i met Sezzzzzz a few times whilst there and liked her instantly, she is a bundle of pent up energy with a beautiful soul who eminates a charismatic Aura, unfortunately i did not meet up with anyone else from APS except Rob (Bart70) but that was pre arranged, i was quite dissapointed about this as i was really looking forward to meeting ozmid, Melzey, jacorin, Marzzy, Tinky and many many more, maybe for the next 1 we could make up a simple blue APS name badge so members might recognize each other from the badge, even if it was just to say hi. I was specifically looking to buy a Bredli but could not find 1 that rang my bells, nearlly bought 1 of Snake Ranches $99 Cape York Jungles as there were some real stunners there, my brother got 1 of them and so did Rob's (Bart70's) lovely wife so i will still get a chance to see how they grow, ended up buying a Pogona henrylawsoni (Pygmy Bearded Dragon) for my son as well as some husbandry items for it (basking light etc), a beautiful big hide that looks like a big Galapagos Tortoise shell, 2 smaller sanstone hides for my 2 spotties and a gr8 little telescopic snake hook, i took away quite a few business cards which depending on how well i can smooth talk my wife might just get some use lol. All in all it was a gr8 weekend, I would like to personally thank SOFAR and all their volunteers for putting on such a fantastic venue, i would also like to thank all the breeders and sellers who gave so much of their time to make it such a successful event and will be looking forward to next year with baited breath.........................................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back