Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they been selling animals for 10 years..?? I remember having a table at the first few, didn't think it had been going for this long, but geez time flies...:D:D

I am in the same boat as Rams, I think the problem is we have the Castle Hill Show, Hawkesbury Herps show at Penrith, then the Illawarra one, and Newcastle last. Unfortunately for us, we're not sure how many animals we may or may not have left by the time the SOFAR show comes along. Like what jacorin said, if we book a table and then have no animals left to sell do we get a refund..?? I understand from your guys perspective, but at least understand ours, I don't think Rams was being intentionally negative..!! Feel free to correct though Rams...lol :D:D

Daz
Isn't less than $100 for a table? If you dont sell any animals, call it a donation. If you do have animals to sell, then call it a bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:
SOFAR Is the day before my Birthday.
Shame people wont listen and buy me reptiles :( .
Last year it was on my Birthday and I got my own presents. 2 enclosures and some bits and pieces.
Shame I'm broke this year. But i'll be there.

Isn't less than $100 for a table? If you dont sell any animals, call it a donation. If you do have animals to sell, then call it a bargain.

donate?? what crap,if you end up with no animals to sell on the day and you paid for a table,you have the right to expect your money back,

I am in the same boat as Rams, I think the problem is we have the Castle Hill Show, Hawkesbury Herps show at Penrith, then the Illawarra one, and Newcastle last. Unfortunately for us, we're not sure how many animals we may or may not have left by the time the SOFAR show comes along. Like what jacorin said, if we book a table and then have no animals left to sell do we get a refund..?? I understand from your guys perspective, but at least understand ours, I don't think Rams was being intentionally negative..!! Feel free to correct though Rams...lol :D:D

Daz

It is more to do with not knowing so far in advance what you will have available for the day.I tried to book a table on feb 25 but apparently they were all booked out and I asked if their were any cancellations I would be interested.At the end of the day the more choice buyers have the better.It really has nothing to do with the money for a table,as well as membership, but more to do with having a table booked and not showing up,as doing this may cause other sellers to miss out and having empty tables on display is not good for the punters.

I don't know so much about being negative more than trying to put forward some constructive criticism about having a cut off date so far out from the actual day of the expo.

donate?? what crap,if you end up with no animals to sell on the day and you paid for a table,you have the right to expect your money back,
The committee donate thousands of dollars worth of time organising the show for the benefit of the hobby. It's not just about selling animals!

I noticed SOFAR doesn't have a platinum sponsor, my wife and I are going to pay double the entry fee to try help out and keep this great expo going. I know it isn't much but I'm sure every bit helps. If you enjoy the expo I encourage all that can afford it to do the same :)

I'm not a SOFAR member and have no reason other than trying to support something I enjoy.

ill be going hopefully but only got $45 but will just be buying accsecorries for my new tank

I just wanna know if the reptiles will be cheaper there so I know if I need to bring more money?

Reptile will be cheaper, all tho not a great deal cheaper, some people will drop prices as the day goes on so they dont have to take stuff home. Haha
ill be working on snake farmer / rodent farmer store, come say hey!

Sure u dont wanna buy a gtp? I know a certain someone working at a certain store who has one?;)

So excited!!! not intending on buying anything, but hey, things change lol!!!

trying to get to sleep early, but its not happening! See everyone tomorrow!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back