Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What is a good first snake? i have been thinking about getting a diamond python (morelia spilota spilota) but i have also heard coastal carpets are also good which sort is better?

Re: RE: First Snake

Liberated said:
carpet...though just my oppinion.

Why would you suggest a carpet? Just inquiring as I have just got a diamond as my 1st and was contemplating a carpet but the one's I had senn were very snappy.

RE: Re: RE: First Snake

Saying carpet means a few different types.

I reckon it would be easier in these threads from now on if we used names such as "coastal", "diamond" and "jungle" ect. Would make it easier for the beginner to differentiate too i think.

You know what i mean?

But yeah, for me id have to say a Coastal in my opinion as the best starter python.

politically correct is the way to go, hey? Are coastals more placid than diamonds or what would be the reason for starting with a coastal?

dee4 look through all the old threads there are heaps of answers to ur questions there.

my first snakes were (are) murray darlings, they are sweet little guys and have never bitten me, i also like diamonds

its is always up to the individual tho, find a couple that you like the look of and go from there....i had a list of about 5 and narrowed it down after finding out their prices, size they grow too, availability ect....

Murray darlings are great first snakes.
As for what is available, you may want to try Roy Pails. His website is pails4scales....I think the link is on APS.

That's a good price. I suggested Roy Pails because of his proximity and they could handle the snakes before buying.

Z@C,

Take a pick of any of these species. All are recommended for a first snake. Childrens Python, Spotted Python, Brisbane Coastal Carpet, Proserpine Coastal Carpet, Inland Carpet, Centralian Carpet.

My personal pick would be Spotted python, followed closely by Centralian Carpets then Proserpine Coastal and Inlands, and lastly the Brisbane Coastals.

Diamonds should be left till you have a bit of experience as you have more advanced husbandy needs to keep them healthy over a long period of time.

u'z know i ment coastal. thanks shermy. yeah ok infuture i'll use 1st names. i.e coastals, diamond etc.

kool thanks guys i know i am getting of track a bit but how big do md and bredlis get?

Not sure about MD's but Bredli get about 7ft on average. Great first snake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back