Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin-Striped Mac ?.............. Windorah Stimson
PINMAC95.JPGWINSTIM1.JPG
Elcho Island Children
ELCHILD.JPG

Nice albinos No-Two and Swampie!

A couple of alb macs doing what comes naturally at this time of year....

Please excuse the urine stain, it wasn't an appropriate time to clean it up...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 85
Stimmies have such a variety of nice reds which makes them very attractive. But I also really like the patternless snakes - anthill pythons often appear as if they are patternless and have gorgeous copper colour.

Have you seen this video --> [video=youtube;XkKtKRdU9VQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKtKRdU9VQ[/video]

Spotteds get my vote, if taking into consideration the morphs aswell. :) Such an awesome snake in general.

i like them all for different reasons. They are all beautiful

View attachment 314810
I have been getting really interested in antaresias recently.. and have decided to get a pair of children's pythons to start a cool little breeding project. Now i know nothing about these guys, apart from recent research i have done, as i really never got into them. I put a picture above of the young childreni i will be getting tomorrow. The seller has it up for $300 (yellow children's python)..but I'm doing a swap for a pair of hatchie jungle jag sibs. I'm just wondering if it is a unique children's python. (you know nice colour and patterns, a fancy one so to speak haha) or is it just a normal children's with a nice light colouration? I am unsure of what they usually look like as i haven't really paid attention to antaresia species. (been focusing more on other pythons and monitors.)... I wish to raise this guy/girl, then later on spend a bit of money to buy a nice pair for it (ghost, caramel) ... something nice to pair up with.... I know a lot of sellers make up sh.t to get more money for reptiles they are trying to sell (claiming het hypo, hypo and all that jaz)... so just checking with all you antaresia freaks that know the difference between them all, Is this a nice yellow children's that is worth $300-$350? or just a light coloured one that someone stuck the word 'yellow' in front of to sell off.

sorry for sounding like a complete noob. its because i am one on antaresia.. i just need some advice because I'm just getting into these little dudes.. so if people could let me know what they think about this little guy that would be great!

Thanks all :D I'm excited to have this whole new interest with reptiles. Im keen to go far with antaresias :D

- - - Updated - - -

I think the link didn't work.. hopefully you can see the picture here...

- - - Updated - - -

Thought I'd start a thread for all the Antaresia lovers... so c'mon, show us your Antaresia! The weirder the better :)

DSC_0129-web.jpg

Wow!! that one looks sick! looks just like my little olive python!

Attachments

• 11262260_980147265343231_1581081539_n.jpg
    11262260_980147265343231_1581081539_n.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 69
My children's Python is having trouble shedding and I'm not sure what to do. I tried giving her bait of a soak today but that didn't do much. She has managed to get the skin off her head but is having trouble with the rest. This is her third day

Put her in a click clack with a couple cms of warm water, about same temp as her body temp, let her soak for about 20min. Then what I did for my young spotted was soak a hand towel with same temp water and handle her with that to assist it sliding off. Be patient and don't try to peel it yourself. Or instead of trying to handle with the towel once it's wet (and I mean wet, not just damp) scrunch it up a bit and put it and her back in the click clack without all the water and allow her to move through it herself. I've had this work for both stimmies and spotted as well as a young Darwin. Good luck

Just another quick one - my adult female stimsons python. Wildcaught female from the Gascoyne area. I've had her 7 years now. She was collected as what I would say a 'yearling' sort of size.

She is my barometer with feeding - she is always the first to shut down her feeding when the weather cools down. Excellent feeder in the warmer months.

She's beautiful Peckoltia.

So general question about breeding, what do the breeders our there find their stimmies prefer in their nest/laying boxes? This will be my first year breeding antaresia and I'd love to give them the best chance possible. I currently have sphagnum moss and vermiculite on hand.... And tips would be appreciated :)

Here's my yearling reduced pattern childreni. Picked him up this week. He's my first python and love him tons already. uploadfromtaptalk1436049492711.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back