DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi python

my local office said i could give them the book and they would send it up to Sydney via their internal mail system so i didnt have to pay for postage and it would get there quicker, however i will drop in next week to make sure

it was handed in the last week of April so i dont have to do anything?

my email is up to date with them, same addy i used to create my account online, they have both my physical and mailing address, my phone numbers home and mobile, so i cant understand why i never got notification of this happening, oh well these things do happen, might need to chat to the ranger who came out and did an inspection late last year and check with him

thank you for answering my post, much appreciated

YAY think ive done it right, have just entered the info on my Levi's and now they are showing up on the page

curious about the BD's though, i only have 1 but had 2 pass away between in the last 12 months, do i enter the deaths or just the 1 i have now and put 'as previous FRB return 2011' in the comments box? (all that info was recorded on my paper licence just unsure if i need to do it electronically as well)

thank you and i apologise for being a ruddy nuisance

Last edited:
hi, If you are doing a carryover from the 2010-2011 period then all you need to do is identify the number of individuals you had on 1 April 2011 (the first day of new lodgement period), noting in the remarks section that it is a carryover (since you have sent your book in, I presume thats what your doing). From now on, you can manage all the transactions in your holdings including deaths (this is an option in the drop down list for method of receipt or disposal). Just be careful to get your sexes right when maintaining your records e.g the system wont like it if you have 3 females, but sell 3 males.

hi python, yes i have sent the book in thru my local dept which they said i could do and they would send with their internal mail, quicker and less risk of it being lost

i have done the gecko's and only have the BD to do, so i enter the details for the one i have and in the remarks/comment section add the same as i did with the geckos 'carryover from the previous FRB period', all other relevant info has been documented in the book

as someone who was banging their head on a brick wall and not wanting to make a mistake that someone else had to clean up i would like to thank you for your help, i really do appreciate it

Just be careful to get your sexes right when maintaining your records e.g the system wont like it if you have 3 females, but sell 3 males.
im guessing the system wouldnt be the only thing not impressed with that boo boo :lol:

im beginning to think this e-book is a great idea and will probably encourage better record keeping especially for those like me who love the ability to do everything online

Last edited:
handed my book in on time this year and today YES today i got a letter from them telling me they wont be sending me a new paper based one and informing me everything was being done online now

just a tad late :lol:

it wont let me add my snakes as I dont have all the paper work for my past buyers....without that information it wont let me add....all that information was on the books that went back each year...but they wont give me the information either as they said there were too many books to go through...what am I to do now...?

it wont let me add my snakes as I dont have all the paper work for my past buyers....without that information it wont let me add....all that information was on the books that went back each year...but they wont give me the information either as they said there were too many books to go through...what am I to do now...?

What paperwork? I don't recall getting any paperwork with the snakes I've bought, apart from exchanging license details and movement notices if interstate. Those people are obligated to give you the information you require. Do you know their name and at least town they live in? You can write that much, or in those fields write something like "TBA" which they will know means "to be advised". If the person is refusing to give you the information, you write that in the "Remarks" box below, and let DECCW chase it up.

Have to agree with you there Jungleman seems DECCW is nothing more than a revenue raising waste of space. They are ZERO help when it comes to the punch, but expect the law abiding of us to continually jump through hoops with threats of fines if we don't.

hi cant register it tells me to email but email wont go through ive rang and they told me to send emails witch dont work:x dont know what to do?:x

They must have misentered some of my details, as I supplied them with an email address, but it won't let me register :)

I will email them and see how that goes.

Me too. Im positive I gave them my email address so I wonder what the problem is

I have a serious licencing issue. I've lost my licence, i have not been able to send my licence back nor do i have the licence number or contact details of the previous owner of these snakes. Has anyone ever encountered this. I am very worried as to what to do hence it being so long for asking the question. If anyone can help or provide with an answer to my issue it would be heavily appreciated.

I thought details of previous owners and transactions would be in your record book, not on your licence. ?????

To all those not been able to register on the on-line fauna keeping book, its a simple mistake that i picked up on. It's not your email address that is invalid its when you enter your date of birth you automatically think to enter it like so 8/2/2012 but in fact you need to enter it with no spaces nor a forward slash so it should just be numbers 822012 then it should work without a hassle (did for me)

I am so glad I looked at this thread.
Last year, I handed in my book, as always. When I read this, I sent an email with my email address, as I have never supplied one, and want to register.
Well......When I found my licence, to get the details, I saw it expired 30th November, last year :shock::shock:
I was in shock, I had a 5 year licence, and just assumed I would be sent a renewal!!!!
I have to wait for a reply now, and hope to renew for another 5 online.
I sure hope they will reply soon :oops:

Whats the go with this email stuff?
I renewed my licence last year and sent them a letter of my change of address, as i was advised to do and THEY still sent to a house i havn't lived in for 5 YEARS!!!!!!!
So to date i have no licence details except my old out of date details and don't know when my licence will run out argh!

this is stupid i got my licence via email, entered all my details to lodge and the ***n thing wont let me register!!! its so Bloody annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back