Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedrake

Reaction score
Why are there so many people selling WA snakes over east and none selling in WA? How come you guys can get our snakes but we can't have yours? Can I get one from you if its originally from here? Doubt it. I have only find a couple of reptile-only sellers from WA (minus pet shops) with very little on offer. If anyone can point me to someone who won't charge an arm and a leg I would be grateful.

LOL
If your talking Pythons NO you can't get one from them if it's originally from here. Anything else is ok. Your best bet would be Pilbara Pythons, it's un likely you will get anything cheaper from over east once you take extra costs in to consideration.

So what can I get besides a python? The DEC website is completely bugged and I can't even get to another page via their links. Pilbara Pythons is good but I keep checking and emailing but they don't update or reply EVER. Is there something wrong with the system? If I was allowed to buy a stimson from over east the freight and price of snake would be less than I'd pay here around the corner TBH. Southern Cross reptiles is in SA am I allowed to get one from there? What about the NT?

Dave has problems with his Email and by his own admission is not very computer literate, best to try and call or go on his site and enter the forum.

heres the species list
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic]Scientific name Common name[/FONT]
CAT3

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Antaresia stimsoni [/FONT][/FONT]Stimson.s Python

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Chelodina oblonga [/FONT][/FONT]Oblong Tortoise

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Ctenophorus reticulatus [/FONT][/FONT]Western Netted Dragon

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Egernia kingii [/FONT][/FONT]King Skink

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Litoria splendida [/FONT][/FONT]Magnificent Tree Frog

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Morelia spilota imbricata [/FONT][/FONT]South-western Carpet Python

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Nephrurus levis [/FONT][/FONT]Three-lined Knob-tailed Gecko

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Oedura marmorata [/FONT][/FONT]Marbled Velvet Gecko

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Underwoodisaurus milii [/FONT][/FONT]Thick-tailed Gecko

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Varanus caudolineatus [/FONT][/FONT]Stripe-tailed Pygmy Monitor
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Category 4[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic]Scientific name Common name[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic]
[/FONT]22.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Aspidites melanocephalus [/FONT][/FONT]Black-headed python

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Aspidites ramsayi [/FONT][/FONT]Woma Python

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Chelodina steindachneri [/FONT][/FONT]Flat-shelled Turtle

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Chlamydosaurus kingi [/FONT][/FONT]Frilled Lizard

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Heleioporus albopunctatus [/FONT][/FONT]Western Spotted Frog

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Lophognathus longirostris [/FONT][/FONT]Long-nosed Ta-ta Dragon

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Varanus acanthurus [/FONT][/FONT]Ridge-tailed Monitor

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Varanus brevicauda [/FONT][/FONT]Short-tailed Pygmy Monitor

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Varanus tristis tristis [/FONT][/FONT]Black-tailed Monitor
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Category 5[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic]Scientific name Common name[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic]
[/FONT]31.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Acanthopis antarcticus [/FONT][/FONT]Southern Death Adder

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Acanthopis pyrrhus [/FONT][/FONT]Desert Death Adder

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Acanthopis wellsi [/FONT][/FONT]Pilbara Death Adder

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Liasis olivaceus [/FONT][/FONT]Olive Python

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Notechis scutatus [/FONT][/FONT]Tiger Snake

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Pseudechis australis [/FONT][/FONT]Mulga Snake

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Pseudechis butleri [/FONT][/FONT]Spotted Mulga Snake

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Pseudonaja affinis affinis [/FONT][/FONT]Dugite

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Pseudonaja nuchalis [/FONT][/FONT]Gwardar

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Varanus gouldii [/FONT][/FONT]Gould.s Monitor

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Varanus rosenbergi [/FONT][/FONT]Southern Heath Monitor
JUDY EDWARDS, Minister for the Environment

Last edited by steve1; 11-Apr-11 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Or follow Andrews link, LOL​

You are NOT allowed to import any pythons from the eastern states!
Some gecko species are allowed provided they are WA natives in the first place

Thanks for that. The only things I can keep on the license I'm getting are stimsons and south west carpet....I don't like geckos or skinks, and I can't even keep pygmy beardies. BTW the forum button leads to here I'm pretty sure. Thats how I found this place.

Does SA and NT count as eastern states?

Yes. Unfortunately, you're not allowed to import anything into WA at all other than the already mentioned exceptions. That's one reason I'll never move to WA.

Thanks for that. The only things I can keep on the license I'm getting are stimsons and south west carpet....I don't like geckos or skinks, and I can't even keep pygmy beardies. BTW the forum button leads to here I'm pretty sure. Thats how I found this place.

No the forum button leads to a WA forum

Wish I could move away -_- wait does that mean I can import stimsons or carpets from SA or NT? I'm confused now. I don't mind either species and I'm quite happy to buy one, but if it's locale is here does it matter where it was bred?

Oh that's right, it leads to the forum they won't let me join...

Well that damn stinks....FU WA! Kidding...now just to find out how to get what I want from here....nobody on here in the for sale forums has anything whatsoever listed in WA. Anyone know anyone who knows someone who could link me up?

It's so sad looking at all the beautiful stimmies and carpets on here and for sale and not being able to even offer a price :(

Well that damn stinks....FU WA! Kidding...now just to find out how to get what I want from here....nobody on here in the for sale forums has anything whatsoever listed in WA. Anyone know anyone who knows someone who could link me up?

It's so sad looking at all the beautiful stimmies and carpets on here and for sale and not being able to even offer a price :(
mate. I live in Wa and love it. I find all west aussie herpers so helpful and willing to help. Yeah, dec are bloody strict, but we are a lot better of than what we where 10 year ago. Their are plenty of reputable dealers in wa who are a wealth of knowlage. The prices are refletive of supply and demand. As more and more captive stock become avalible we too will have quite affordable stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back