Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I play with exotics at work and can honestly say that other than a few of the tortoises(which I have a bit of a soft spot for) the exotics aren't that interesting. Corn snakes are about the most boring snakes out and other than being bigger, things like burmese pythons aren't that different to what we have available already.

Appreciate the wonderful animals we have here already because what we have are pretty good.

Oh and the lady a few weeks ago with the corn, it turned out to be a woma :p

Im not interested whatsoever with exotics. When I see some at a zoo I dont even look, Im more interested in the natives.
I hope we're never allowed them here, opens doors to too many bad possibilities.

just chucking the question out there not trying to start a fight and have people carry on like a kid, its all just talk not like im sitting here going im bring over all the exotic in the world so you better be happy, just talking. i love the reptiles here but you honestly cant say that like vipers or chameleons iguanas newts, that would b cool. i think the angry people just need to take it down a bit and enjoy a convo not an argument

Don't get me wrong we have the the best native animals, but you can alway have different animals and there are a lot of other cool animals that we can't get here just yet.

thats what im saying^^^ just wondering how america can import all of our reptiles and everything seems to work well there

I think if everyone was allowed exotics our eco system would be completely destroyed. Just like North America. They have these nasty bitey fish all through the rivers and boa constrictors and anacondas taking over the swamps because people bought some snakes thinking it was a cool idea and couldn't look after them. Being an exotic free (almost anyway) country should be something to be proud of in my opinion. Australia has some of the best reptiles and the coolest animals and I'd rather go without an exotic pet than see this beautiful country destroyed by ferals. As for other exotic animals that have been introduced. LOOK AT WHAT THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE! No more. If anything round the ferals up and get them out of here. Tell you what would be cool though. Being able to own other Australian animals. Maybe even get the Emerald monitor onto the species lists. :)
Maybe I could have a pet wallaby...

never. Seriously the majority of morphs are butt ugly. It seems in the states and elsewhere it is more of a ' lool what i have that you don't ' than an actual love for the colours and patterns.

I hope they never make it legal to keep a exotic. We should appreciate the very unique snakes Australia has.

Our country is one of only few places left in the world that doesn't have a destroyed eco system. Please protect it.

if they arent released into the wild and destroy our wonderful eco system, then im all for it.

At the end of the day i love herps doesnt matter where they are from.

if they arent released into the wild and destroy our wonderful eco system, then im all for it.

At the end of the day i love herps doesnt matter where they are from.

^^^^^
That will never happen
We know that because as far as I know no-one has ever lost a snake in Australia??

Alright mo devil how about we get all these exotics in the country (other than the lot we have) When some enviromental disater like the brown tree snake in Guam or the Burmese, is it Burmese in the everglades that is causing the crap? Actually how about we import cane toads? Whoops, been done and you know what they actually introduced this for a supposed better reason.
Lets bring in red eared sliders, becaues they have not caused any probs.
How about finishing school and getting your crap together before posting it?
Bring it!

Yeah I don't think anyone has ever set a pet "free" in Australia ever. :/
No one disposes of unwanted items in a way that is harmful to the environment either.

yeh i totally agree, i dont want the eco system destroyed either just thought it would b cool to try some new stuff, i know we have the coolest and all the blah blah, but something new is always fun

yeh mammals are cool, like a sugar glider would b sweet

I bet who ever decided to introduce the cane toad hates themselves. That or they're rolling in their graves.

Come to think of it, I cannot think of anything that has been introduced that hasn't destroyed some part of the eco system. Even when dingos were introduced they killed off all the tasmanian tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back